No announcement yet.

Has Barry died or have I misunderstood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Has Barry died or have I misunderstood?

Originally posted by Barry View Post
    My advice is to cry and grieve the rest of the things will take care of themselves. Don't worry at this time about solicitors, instead think about your own heart.
    Also have a little chuckle about the times you had and celebrate her life not mourn her passing away. Every time you close your eyes, she will be with you.
    RIP, Barry

Comment

only knew him by reading what he had to say here. he shared many fine thoughts and experiences with our ohana her on HT. while here on this earth i suspect he touched many lives. may he always be remembered as a friend to all.
      the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

I didn't know Barry very well either, but the few posts of his that I recall were fun to read. He sounded like someone with a lot of interesting stories to tell.

My condolences to my fellow HT'ers who are hurt by his loss
        "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
        "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
        "
        Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Hmm. Barry died at the same age as my mom. Both too young.
          "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
          "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
          "
          Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Rest in peace. Condolences to his family.

Comment

Barry has died. We are bereft.

This is my third attempt to eulogize my friend.

I was almost complete when my spouse walked in and in my confusion I hit the wrong button. Everything was erased.

As I was deep into blaming her, I accidentally hit esc and again it was all gone. Frustrating. Certainly not then or now her fault, though I think she will not forgive my entreaty to 'Leave me alone!"

We knew him as Barry, though others knew him as combinations of:
              Steven, Paul, George, Pablo, Armstrong, Wainright.

He told me he was with the Brit Navy,and it is not unlikely that he was in special Ops.
              His Liverpool pals alluded that he had a weakness for brandy, when I was with him he drank only Stella Artois, as we gulped Guinnesses.

One night in a pub he went into a tonic-clonic seizure. Psychogenic seizures are not uncommon in combat veterans with Post-Traumatic Stress. We took him home. Told him to get some specific help.

It's not unlikely he seized while coming down (or up) the stairs,,,,,,, and fell he rest of the way.

BARRY! Or whomever you were, or are, you were a good friend. If I can, I will travel over and try to find you, for closure and aloha.
              Watch for me.

Ka`onohi`ula`okahokomiomio`ehiku

Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Re: Barry has died. We are bereft.

SusieMisajon has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
                ~ ~

Comment

Re: Barry has died. We are bereft.

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                  SusieMisajon has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
                  Oopsie!!!!
                  http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                  http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

This is so sad.

As I am in Liverpool, I will see if the undertakers named in the obituary are able to pass on a message to his family, who I'm sure will bevery moved by all your tributes. It looks like the service was some time ago, so I'm not sure if flowers are right at this stage. Must be very hard for them, facing Christmas.
                    Speak to the heart and the man becomes instantly virtuous. Emerson

Comment

Wow, this is so shocking and sad. I enjoyed reading his posts.
                      RIP Barry.

Comment

Originally posted by Betsey View Post
                        As I am in Liverpool, I will see if the undertakers named in the obituary are able to pass on a message to his family, who I'm sure will bevery moved by all your tributes. It looks like the service was some time ago, so I'm not sure if flowers are right at this stage. Must be very hard for them, facing Christmas.
                        Thank you for the effort, Betsey. I hope they will take some small solace in the fact that he touched the lives of many people he would never meet.

Comment

RIP Barry. We truly enjoyed your posts and you will always be loved and remembered by your HT ohana. See you on the other side!

Comment

I've sent a letter to his relatives, giving them the link to this thread, c/o the funeral services company mentioned. I hope it makes it, as he seems to have travelled under a few nommes de plumes. What a colourful personality!

There's a poem written in his memory on the Yo Liverpool forum.
                            Speak to the heart and the man becomes instantly virtuous. Emerson

Comment

Didn't Barry post a photo on HT of him playing guitar on stage with, among others, one of the Beatles (Paul?)?

Comment

3 photos of Barry

Liverpool

London July 2009

The whole album of 3 photos....
                                (I can't get them to show on my screen!)

Barry
                                Paul Wainright
                                George Paul Wainright
                                Steven Paul Armstrong

"We on Yo! Liverpool, knew him as Steven Paul Armstrong..
                                his real name: George Paul Wainwright..
                                aka: Paul Wainwright'

WAINWRIGHT - PAUL. November 26, 2009. Suddenly at home, aged 62 years. Father of Liam, Claire, Sarah and Kathryn, brother of Mike and John. Reunited with Mum and Dad.

Missed all over the world.

K....
                                Last edited by Kaonohi; December 22, 2009, 12:59 PM. Reason: Fix
                                ~ ~

Comment

Working...
                                X