Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you recommend cooking lessons / teacher?

Default Re: Can you recommend cooking lessons / teacher?

Quote Originally Posted by leashlaws View Post
    Why not try getting a small crock pot.
    Oh, that's a real good idea! Thanks for the tip :_)

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    Another small appliance idea...a George Foreman grill.
    My wife's a big fan of that grill :_)

Quote Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    My cousin Jean Hee-Watanabe puts out great local style cookbooks with her latest "Quick and Easy" meals. This one's a real winner...get it now at all book retailers.
    I picked up a copy from Sam's Club the other day. I'll let you know how my first attempt goes. My wife thinks one of the mochi recipes is the one my mom used. It'd be cool to cook some of her old dishes.
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

MJ...did you go to last weekend's class at Williams Sonoma on pan frying and saute'ing? It was my first class and I enjoyed getting tips as well as the tasting afterwards. I am looking forward to attending the Italian Comfort food one in February.

Quote Originally Posted by alohacandy View Post
    MJ...did you go to last weekend's class at Williams Sonoma on pan frying and saute'ing?
    I sure was! The first class was full, so I got slotted for the second one. Were you in the first or second one? I didn't sign up for the Italian one; too lazy

Sandi is a pretty good demonstrator. She didn't teach you anything you could learn from a book, but having it demonstrated to you live makes a big difference in making the ideas stick in your head; not to mention learning how to make sure your food doesn't stick to your pan! It was interesting to learn that stainless steel has pores on its surface.
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "

Cooking Class

Thursday, March 11
    6:00 pm

Learn tricks & tips from Chef Russell Siu in this very popular event. Featured every other month, our cooking classes are a sell-out event. You will be served each course along with a wine pairing.

Cream of Asparagus Soup, Cheese Puffs

Tomato & House Made Truffle Mozzarella Cheese
    Basil Vinaigrette

Pan Seared Medallion of Salmon with Garlic Parsley Butter
    Kahuku Corn Relish

Chocolate Amaretto Truffle Tart

$65.00

inclusive of tax & service charge

*Class will start promptly at 6:00 pm and seating is on a first come first serve basis. Limited seating by reservations only.
    Last edited by 808shooter; February 16th, 2010 at 12:31 AM. Reason: dont think this is what TS wanted but it was an awesome class.

Check out epicurious.com for video based classes and classes on YouTube and podcasts on iTunes. The food network also has how-to videos.

Quote Originally Posted by 808shooter View Post
    Cooking Class

Thursday, March 11
    6:00 pm
    Thanks for the heads up, 808shooter. Who is teaching this class? What is the phone number or link for this class?

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    Check out epicurious.com for video based classes and classes on YouTube and podcasts on iTunes. The food network also has how-to videos.
    Thanks Sue; web videos are convenient. I wonder how they came up with the name "Epicurious". It makes me think of "bicurious"
    "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12