Drive-In movies @ Aloha Stadium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drive-In movies @ Aloha Stadium?

I guess there is a social aspect of going to the movies whether at the drive in or a theater. Still staying at home is more convenient and cost efficient, especially if you have a family or group.

The last movie I went to a drive-in movie was in San Bernardino, CA on the mainland in 1980. I think it was my 5th or 6th time watching "Empire Strikes Back" and then after that they showed "The Blues Brothers" movie.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Tuesday's Advertiser mentions that for a limited time they will be showing movies at the Aloha Stadium parking lot on an inflatable screen. The cost of watching the movies will be free. Also the movies themselves are few months old.

Comment

Sounds like lose money...

Outdated movies on a screen that will move?
        Bad.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

they should just use the Jumbotron and charge admission.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Will they show any 3-D movies?

Comment

Re: Sounds like lose money...

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
              Outdated movies on a screen that will move?
              Bad.
              Well, the idea worked.... for the debut anyway.

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs/Land Of The Lost was the twinbill. Both of these films already out on DVD. But it was FREE. And as HNN reports, hundreds of cars came in and the concession stands were busy all night long.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

So, we can safely assume the majority of patrons weren't there strictly for the movies?
                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I wonder if the majority of patrons at any drive-in was ever there STRICTLY for the movie. I somehow doubt it.
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I'm going tonight, not necessarily for the movie, but cuz I think it will be beautiful to enjoy a movie with the community, in am outdoor setting. I've seen the movie "The Blind Side" many times. I was given a DVD of it while it was still in theaters. Still, watching it in my apt., on my lumpy futon, on my old school tv,- even with all the conveniences like bathroom, pause button, and refrigerator...I don't think that even compares with watching it outdoors, with the convenience of my car, blankets, lawn chairs, and stars.
                    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

before the stadium was built - Kam Drive In was one of my favorite places to go. Hubby & I saw many movies there.
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Funny, just yesterday we were wondering if Oahu had any drive-in theaters. We want to take our little kids, but it gets dark so late here in the summer that the movies don't start until 9:30-10:00, way too late for them.

Before kids, we would go maybe once or twice a season. It's just different than watching a movie at home. Fun. I wouldn't do it every weekend, but once in a while it's a treat

Comment

Update - we LOVED it!! I'm looking forward to the next one!
                          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Oh, yay. Did you take chairs or sit in your car? What did you take to eat?

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Working...
                            X