"Lost" - The Final Season (6): Episode & Storyline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Lost" - The Final Season (6): Episode & Storyline Discussion

This thread is being started to discuss "Lost Season 6".

The series returns to ABC TV on February 2, 2010.

Use this thread to discuss storylines and possible speculation for the upcoming episodes. Several promos for the new season are already rolling on ABC that may offer brief glimpses of what may be coming.

We'll let discussion of the episodes take place shortly after they air. "Lost" fans have several opportunities to catch the show if they did not watch it at air time. Among the options:

* Record to Your VCR
    * Record to your Tivo or other DVR device
    * Watch program stream on ABC.com website*
    * Purchase episode from iTunes store

* assuming ABC continues flash based streaming.

As for episode spoilers, use the spoiler tag if you are posting the same day or before an episode airs in Hawaii.

Go at it folks...
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: "Lost" - The Final Season (6): Episode & Storyline Discussion

So for the 6th season we have two different storylines in two different times. One storyline is set in 2004 where Oceanic 815 does not crash in the Pacific but it lands like it supposed to do in Los Angeles. The other storyline is set in 2007 where the gang in 1977 somehow end up in 2007 with the rest of the Others and Ajira Air 316.

Comment

How weird was it to see Desmond on that flight?

Comment

Our initial reaction to the episode is posted here. So much to think about, we didn't even mention the Desmond question! The off-island "flash sideways" thing could be interesting, but it better pay off... otherwise, it seems like wasted time when we want to stick to the ultimate conflict unfolding on the island.

Comment

Don't follow the show much (well, at all -- although I am intrigued)... but was watching Nightline the other night and saw they mentioned pzarquon and wife in the story about the final season and how there's such a huge following for the show.

Comment

I rewatched a tape of this past Tuesday's epsiode and one thing that got me wondering if Juliet did actually detonate an atomic bomb how come the worse that every one suffered was ringing ears? And what happened to the other people who were at the Swan site before the bomb went off?

Comment

From what I can gather there must have been a shift in the space-time continuum as a result of the bomb blast, which only allowed the people who shifted in time back to 1974-77 to lurch forward to the present day. I think. Why no one from the time shifted Losties vaporized after being right there at ground zero is beyond me.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The Nightline thing was a trip! Also got a one-sentence soundbite on APM's "Marketplace", and an extended piece by HPR's Ben Markus was carried on NPR's Morning Edition. My wife and I were drowning in "LOST" last week!
                Why no one from the time shifted Losties vaporized after being right there at ground zero is beyond me.
                I think that's a key piece of evidence that the bomb didn't go off. Someone even says, "Do you think we'd be standing here if it did?" Especially given the "island underwater" thing, it seems more likely the island just moved again, as it has probably done more than a few times in its history.

Comment

The 2004 alternate story line:

Nice to see Ethan not being a bad guy, but rather being an Ob-Gyn in LA. However it take a long time for the police to get (or chase) after Kate who hijacks a taxi from the airport.

Comment

Our take:
                    Josh Holloway, you broke our hearts. Bravo. We had lowered expectations for this presumed “Kate episode,” and on most related points, we were right for having them. But for all the complaints we could readily recite — from the cliché of Kate going after Sawyer actually being remarked upon to a largely flat and somewhat surreal off-island destraction — we did not hate “What Kate Does.” We both actually liked it.

And for Jen to say this about an episode with Kate’s name in the title, frankly, is no small feat for “LOST.”
                    The rest of our review...

Comment

The alternate 2004 timeline:

It wasn't much of a surprise that the yellow SUV that was parked next to John's van belonged to Hurley. What was a surprise was that Rose worked in another company owned by Hurley and Ben Linus works as a school teacher.

I wonder who is the next Other to be featured next week?

The 2007 timeline:

So what happen to Kate and why wasn't her name on the wall?

Comment

Rewatched last night's episode and forgot about the following points.

Alternate 2004 time line:

Not only is Helen is still around with John, she mentions that John's father is also around, so more than likey he didn't push John off a tall building so this begs the question how did John end up in the wheelchair?

So the two of them are planning to wed in about a month (they mention October and flight 815 was in September).

2007 time line:

Noticed that fake Locke doesn't drink in the episode. The fake Locke also makes the point that the book of "Mice and Men" was after his time.

I wonder what Richard knows about the fake Locke.

Kind of wondering why it took almost no time for Sun, Frank, Ben and Ilana to haul John's dead body across the island or even bury it with the other dead bodies as opposed to just bury him close the statue.

Comment

I think tonight's episode might have answered as to why the gang survived the hydrogen bomb explosion, assuming that sometime ago Jacob had touched Juliet (which we haven't seen yet).

Comment

??? I didn't see that anywhere. can you please tell me what I need to look at? I'm going to watch the episode again.
                            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

It was during the scene where Jack lighted the fuse to the dynamite so that Richard could die from the explosion. Richard said he couldn't die by his hand because Jacob touched him. What Richard didn't know but Jack sort of guessed that Jack was also touched by Jacob. So by Jack lighting the fuse would be the same as Richard doing it.

And during the H-bomb scene, there was James, Jin, Jack, and Kate at the site. If Juliet was also touched by Jacob her hitting the H-bomb wouldn't make it blow up.

This also begs the question, how come Claire didn't time jump with the rest of the Ocean 815/freighter gang?

Comment

Working...
                              X