Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Here's what we're about to give up

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
    Some perv at TSA will store body-scan images?

That TSA perv needs to hear about this thing called the Internet, where it's actually possible to find pictures of nekkid ladies.
    Bwahahaha!
    What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Here's the stupid thing about these scanners- it won't stop terrorist from blowing up airplanes. In fact, the scanners won't really provide any more information that what our current security system provides. All we're doing is giving up more of our freedoms.

Watch this video and see what I mean- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fESo6JweU20

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
        That TSA perv needs to hear about this thing called the Internet, where it's actually possible to find pictures of nekkid ladies.
        You can never have enough nekkid ladies ... or nekkid men if that give you jolly ... to look at. Trust me, I've tried.
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
          Here's the stupid thing about these scanners- it won't stop terrorist from blowing up airplanes.
          Unfortunatly, Bob, you are correct on that point.

All we're doing is giving up more of our freedoms.
          It is time to lay the blame where it belongs,........on US foreign policy influenced by the military/industrial complex and outside foreign lobbyists, regardless of party.
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
            Unfortunatly, Bob, you are correct on that point.

It is time to lay the blame where it belongs,........on US foreign policy influenced by the military/industrial complex and outside foreign lobbyists, regardless of party.
            Amen to that!

Don't you find it curious that "they" had these scanners up and running as soon as the Xmas Eve bomb scare? It indicates to me that they either planned the whole thing way ahead of time, or they were just waiting for something to happen so they could force it down our throats. You don't just design and manufacture these scanners overnight.

Comment

Don't you find it curious that "they" had these scanners up and running as soon as the Xmas Eve bomb scare? It indicates to me that they either planned the whole thing way ahead of time, or they were just waiting for something to happen so they could force it down our throats. You don't just design and manufacture these scanners overnight.
              I thought the concept of such scanners began way back in ... oh, what's the date ... September 11, 2001.

Or it may be thought of before since people were and are being used as drug mules.

I'm sure there are better ways to protect air travel, but like the Chevy Volt before the gas-guzzling Ford Model T, we've a long way to go.

IMNSHO, we're best off flying nude ... or bring back the ferries.

Comment

Bob, you need to keep your eye on the ball! W's last Homeland Security chief (I forget his name right now) is now the CEO of the company that manufacters these scanners. He is lobbying members of Congress to make scanning required in all airports served by US flagged carriers. AND GUESS WHOSE SCANNERS THEY WILL BE USING? You don't need to be Phi Beta Kappa to figure that one out!

This is all BS! Can I say that on HT?

In my opinion, Gen. Patreaus is making a bid for the Republican nomination in in 2012. He is a warhawk on the Middle East. He is a major part of the failed US foreign policy. DO NOT SUPPORT THIS GUY!
                Last edited by matapule; January 12, 2010, 01:38 PM.
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Bob, you need to keep your eye on the ball! W's last Homeland Security chief (I forget his name right now) is now the CEO of the company that manufacters these scanners. He is lobbying members of Congress to make scanning required in all airports served by US flagged carriers. AND GUESS WHOSE SCANNERS THEY WILL BE USING? You don't need to be Phi Beta Kappa to figure that one out!
                  Never been in a fraternity, nor score with sorority chicks.

This is all BS! Can I say that on HT?

Yes, you can say that. Just never thought you would be prone to spouting out obscenity.

Be my naughty, be my naughty girl.

In my opinion, Gen. Patreaus is making a bid for the Republican nomination in in 2012. He is a warhawk on the Middle East. He is a major part of the failed US foreign policy. DO NOT SUPPORT THIS GUY!
                  Meh. The Republican lost their bid for Presidency.

AFAIC, the foreign policy ball is now in Obama's and Hillary's court, and so far, nothing's changed. They just reminded me of teachers who can't scold the delinquently misbehaved students in the back of the classes so they lash out to the students in the front for making small talks.

Comment

I can only wonder at why every incident must lead to a new policy response. Okay, mistakes were made. No new policy is going to prevent mistakes. Carry on, please.
                    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                      I thought the concept of such scanners began way back in ... oh, what's the date ... September 11, 2001.

Or it may be thought of before since people were and are being used as drug mules.

I'm sure there are better ways to protect air travel, but like the Chevy Volt before the gas-guzzling Ford Model T, we've a long way to go.

IMNSHO, we're best off flying nude ... or bring back the ferries.
                      Maybe so, they couldn't get public approval to use these things unless something like this happens. You don't go developing million dollar equipment and just let it sit around waiting for something to happen. It's like the Swine Flu vaccine- you get the vaccine patent, then you release the damn thing on the public so you can make billions on your concoction. If the timing isn't right, you'll lose big time.

Comment

Maybe so, they couldn't get public approval to use these things unless something like this happens. You don't go developing million dollar equipment and just let it sit around waiting for something to happen. It's like the Swine Flu vaccine- you get the vaccine patent, then you release the damn thing on the public so you can make billions on your concoction. If the timing isn't right, you'll lose big time.
                        Well, I can agree with you on the pharmaceutical companies and their conspiracy to make money off of our ailments and sicknesses. And yet they hold the power because they have the vast lab resources to combat any sickness that they never concocted themselves.

As for the aforementioned scanners, sooner or later it will have mainstream application, just as in the movies.

Your other choice is not to fly at all. Or buy your own damn plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                          Well, I can agree with you on the pharmaceutical companies and their conspiracy to make money off of our ailments and sicknesses. And yet they hold the power because they have the vast lab resources to combat any sickness that they never concocted themselves.

As for the aforementioned scanners, sooner or later it will have mainstream application, just as in the movies.

Your other choice is not to fly at all. Or buy your own damn plane.
                          I'm gonna get a large canoe and fasten a BMW jet engine to the back of it. That should do the trick.

Comment

I'm gonna get a large canoe and fasten a BMW jet engine to the back of it. That should do the trick.
                            Or buy a Superferry.

Comment

We should just all take off our clothes along with our shoes and walk thru naked and demand a cavity search! Pretty soon TSA will get too grossed out and the time it takes to search everybody will make them rethink things.
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                                We should just all take off our clothes along with our shoes and walk thru naked and demand a cavity search! Pretty soon TSA will get too grossed out and the time it takes to search everybody will make them rethink things.
                                You mean like this?

http://www.papersplease.org/wp/2010/...erlin-airport/

Comment

Working...
                                X