Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Useful links, me thinks

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
    Score one for Ron from me...I figure if he liked 'em enough to post 'em, they are worth a click to check them out.
    Some sites are better experienced without previous preparation. And the web addresses are interesting!
    Naked links are a cry for attention by a poster who feels they can't be bothered to adequately communicate why they think them interesting.

The good news is that naked linksters are like trolls... if they're not fed then they eventually stop behaving that way.

And there's always the "Ignore Poster" list.
    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Oh help me Mr. Wizarrrrrrd!
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I never realized that HT has so many people who insist they know best how others should behave.

Waitaminit --- Oh, crap - I've done that myself far too many times.

Ummm ... never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          I never realized that HT has so many people who insist they know best how others should behave.
          No, I didn't say anything. I was just clearing my throat.
          Last edited by helen; January 12, 2010, 07:36 PM. Reason: fixing the quote tag

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
            Found some interesting links that might be of some beneficial use.

www.fixmystreet.com
            www.returnmypants.com
            www.manualsonline.com
            www.zazzle.ca/custom/shoes
            www.coverdude.com
            www.planetbook.com

Whatcha got?
            Warning- spoilers!

1. Let your city know if your street suffers from the indignities of potholes or graffiti.
            2. An online database thing that lets you keep track of items you've lent out or borrowed from people so things don't wander away; helpful when you're staring at that cake stand wondering, "Where did I get this from?"
            3. Appliance manuals database. So now you can lose yours and still program your alarm system! (I'm going to be getting on that one)
            4. Custom shoes- for humans. But you can put pictures of brakes or horses on them, if you so desire.
            5. Make your own magazine cover. Go geek out!
            6. I am too stupid to understand this one.

If you have some time to waste, try What Badgers Eat. Truly a pointless site, but the test at the end is fun for wasting five minutes.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

We have a contributer!

Thanx SG, I'll run my next batch by ya before I post!

My bad, I got cross-eyed on #6 too, it's supoosed to be www.planetebook.com = free books.
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Helen there are a lot of useless things we admire such as video gaming, and launching model rockets just to see them come back down to skipping rocks across a pond and watching the Craig Ferguson show on CBS.

None of this stuff (Ron's links included) will stop global warming, feed the poor or get us out of this recession, however it provides something for somebody. And Ron you did say "might be of some beneficial use".

Now here's a link that can be of benefit to some or simply amusement by others, but it's intriguing. It's the National Debt Clock. Simply amazing to see the numbers on this website.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                X