This is insane.
    Please help end this BS.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/sto...ter-in-denmark
    http://pakalert.wordpress.com/2008/1...-what-a-shame/
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Denmark's dolphin brutality

I don't live in Denmark.

Only the Danes can change the Danes.

But if any Danes living in Hawaii decided to perform their rite of passage here, we just perform our own rite of passage on them. Simple as that.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Nah, world pressure can speed that along.
      Nothing wrong in trying, eh? I signed, have you?

Comment

Yes, let's stop killing infectious disease organisms because, "Never, ever, killing an other creature, another living being, with whom we share this world, has done any good, to anyone. So let's stop it."

Yes, let's stop eating plants and animals because, "Never, ever, killing an other creature, another living being, with whom we share this world, has done any good, to anyone. So let's stop it."

Yes, let's do away with soap and other disinfectants because, "Never, ever, killing an other creature, another living being, with whom we share this world, has done any good, to anyone. So let's stop it."

Yes, let's disband our military because, "Never, ever, killing an other creature, another living being, with whom we share this world, has done any good, to anyone. So let's stop it."

Yes, let's focus on miniscule problems because the big ones don't fully engage our attention. This IS insane. Sorry, I'm not biting.
        Last edited by salmoned; January 13, 2010, 01:36 PM.
        May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
          This is insane.
          Please help end this BS.
          Let's see:
          Danes, Denmark.... Rings a bell....

Ah, YES! These people were the original Vikings!
          WTF do you expect?

From Wikipedia: "The Normans were descended from Danish Vikings who were given feudal overlordship of areas in northern France — the Duchy of Normandy — in the 10th century."

'Look! A dolphin! A brain bigger than ours! Let us kill it!'
          Last edited by Kaonohi; January 13, 2010, 01:58 PM. Reason: Irresponsivle keyboard.
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
            'Look! A dolphin! A brain bigger than ours! Let us kill it!'
            That's what salmoned said when he first saw green peas.

Comment

Just so we have a good range of opinions from people 'on the scene' and others with some interest:

2009 December 8 Signe from Denmark permalink
              "As a Dane, I would just like to give this input:

Faeroe Islands are our old colony and the normal Dane wants Denmark to let Greenland and Faeroe Islands take care of themselves. We do not have anything to do with them, other than paying them almost 1 billion USD every year. A process of secession has begun, but it will take many years before they can manage their countries themselves.

Our government can not rule their local governments, but if we could… This slaughtering would not take place. Denmark (as in the geographical Denmark) have very high standards on animal protection.

Check out my blog, and you’ll see what I mean.

http://yardyyardyyardy.blogspot.com/...-it-right.html "

2009 August 7 MK
              "Hello from a faroese guy!
              I have read every single post in here, and although many of you are misguided in the original article, I’m glad to see some people come with educated explanations to what Grindadráp (Whale killing) is. As many others have pointed out, this is not a way for young guys/girls to become adult. As someone mentioned, this (becoming adult) was a natural progress some 100 years ago, as the man (because young men are stronger and more capable then older men) brought food back to the family and village/town.
              Today though, the slaughter of Pilot Whales that are in family with the dolphins, but closer to whales, are killed as it is a means of food supply. The Faeroe Islands are not suitable to grow vegetables and other food, as the climate is very harsh, and the earth for where you would like to grow vegetables isn’t very suitable to many other vegetables than potatoes and…well yes, potatoes.
              The Faeroe Islands save a lot of money from importing meat from “your” countries every year; meat that comes from cows that have been living a captive life, maybe never saying daylight, chickens who live on top of each other, and eggs from those same chickens…now where do you spot our cruelty? These animals (pilot whales) live a free and happy life, compared to the others I just mentioned. Although not that happy, as they get polluted with heavy metals, PVC and you name it…which all stem from human waste all over the planet. It’s not some natural “poison” the whale produce, it’s the industrialized world’s poison, that these whales consume as they eat smaller animals, that again are poisoned by our modern wasteful lifestyle.
              I would like to mention, that although I am faroese, I have never participated in a killing, as I find it dis-tasteful, but I LOVE whale meat. But this is an attitude I have of all slaughtering. It’s all something you can learn to cope with. All the meat you eat comes from animals, and although you might wish or think that they are slaughtered in a “humane way” are just dreamers. Every year there are stories of pigs dying in trailers by suffocating, as they are cramped into a small area in a trailer. These pigs are used for meat anyways…!!!
              To finish my input to this subject off, I would like you all to take a look at what you eat and check where it comes from. And, this article is wrong in every aspect from start to finish.

Kr, MK"

Japan kills whales for meat.
              Denmark kills pilot whales for meat.

I personally do not condone the killing of higher forms of life for purposes of eating, but these are not "Flipper."

Look in the mirror. You have the teeth of an omnivore: incisors, canines, molars (cutting, tearing and grinding). Although we are designed to eat any food (meat, veggies, fungi), we can exist with ANY balanced diet.

What innocent animals are on your diet? Or mine?

I'm glad I did some research.

K~~~~<
              Last edited by Kaonohi; January 13, 2010, 02:53 PM. Reason: Too avoide loukingk stoupid!
              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

If nothing else, the calderons are in danger of becoming extinct. What will they do when they are all gone?

Why are these whales so different to dolphins, just because they don't prefer interactment with man? I don't blame them.

The Danish blogger say's it's totally unneccessary and states why and provides many other needed corrections to the initial commentary and protest, and I'm glad you posted the page w/the blog link.

Comment

Hey Ron, you posted the links, I read them and disagreed with your assessment. I posted my comments on your post. I may not be a genius, but I have at least followed the accepted practice of attacking the argument, not the person (though I don't believe your pretense of shocked disapproval is backed up with reasoned consideration of your own position and practice with regard to killing other living beings directly or indirectly - AKA hypocrite). If you really want to make a difference in the world, start by cleaning up your own act before worrying about the acts of strangers thousands of miles away of which you barely know, much less comprehend.
                  Last edited by salmoned; January 13, 2010, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                    Let's see:
                    Danes, Denmark.... Rings a bell....'
                    To be or not to be.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                      Hey Ron,
                      Oh..., OK

Comment

Don't worry, Ron. The conspiring pharmaceutical companies are poise to take over our food distribution network, making consumption of nutrient in the form of pills. That way there will be no more killing of animal and plants. We just stuff ourselves full of chemicals.

Ain't living on Earth Utopian?

Killing for pleasure is uncool (though the thoughts of killing for pleasure is acceptable).

Killing for survival (i.e., hunting, fishing, harvesting) is okay within moderation. After all, you gotta leave some alive for your next meal.

Otherwise, pop a pill.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

"Killing for pleasure is uncool" - Does that mean I can't enjoy a hamburger because I was the direct (if I butchered it myself) or indirect killer of a cow (or a few dozen cows, since they all get ground up together), some yeast organisms and a couple hundred unborn wheat plants? If one enjoys eating, why should one not enjoy the killing preceding the eating, or the collecting preceding the killing, or the cultivation of skills preceding the collecting? I personally wish to enjoy every aspect of living, including the requisite killing, not just the 'socially approved' aspects. Pass the soylent green, please.

Comment

Working...
                          X