Pat Robertson's take on Haiti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pat Robertson's take on Haiti

We're all good. Hey matapule thanks for upping your donation. That's a good thing for Haiti.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      Go to that HT thread I posted above. 32 members in our club equally donating a total of $1,000. Not much but for this unemployed person, it is. But go ahead match it anyway if it empowers you.
      Not good enough Craig, I'm talking about you personally and additional donations and you know it. That's like saying, "I pay my taxes and the governement is sending relief to Haiti." It's a cop out Craig. How much of that money really came from the community through your pancake breakfasts?

Drop the Lion's Club membership dues and all those "tail twister" fines, you can't afford it until you find employment. Use some of that money for you personally support the Haitians. It's the Chrisitian and Hawaiian thing to do.

Come on Craig, just $10. You can come with that for the tail twister, right?
      Last edited by matapule; January 20, 2010, 02:43 PM.
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
        Not good enough Craig, I'm talking about you personally and additional donations and you know it. That's like saying, "I pay my taxes and the governement is sending relief to Haiti." It's a cop out Craig. How much of that money really came from the community through your pancake breakfasts?

Drop the Lion's Club membership dues and all those "tail twister" fines, you can't afford it until you find employment. Use some of that money for you personally support the Haitians. It's the Chrisitian and Hawaiian thing to do.

Come on Craig, just $10. You can come with that for the tail twister, right?
        This came straight from our wallets to the bowl matapule...real dollars. Your assumptions are so lacking. My donations came from my savings that could have been used for dinner for my kids.

matapule...I can never appease you with your arrogance...go away.

Comment

Originally posted by StinkyTheGrump View Post
          BTW, according to your link, the pact was 200 years long and had ended several years ago. What's your convenient explanation for this and the earthquake that just happened?
          I believe the article mentioned the former Haiti President, Aristide, vowed to renew the pact in 2004. I didn't say the pact was responsible for the earthquake. I merely presented an opposing idea that we don't have any evidence either way to say he was right or wrong, much less refer to him as a "kook".

Comment

Out of Matapule's $1,000 donation, 33% will go for administrative costs, 66% will pay for all the middlemen and arms for the warlords and roving gangs that are controlling Haiti. The last 1% will go to support the church of Voodoo.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
              Out of Matapule's $1,000 donation, 33% will go for administrative costs, 66% will pay for all the middlemen and arms for the warlords and roving gangs that are controlling Haiti. The last 1% will go to support the church of Voodoo.
              You know bobinator you are a glutton for punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
                LOL (more characters)
                What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

This came straight from our wallets to the bowl matapule...real dollars.
                  Then that is terrific! Thank you to all 30 members.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                    Then that is terrific! Thank you to all 30 members.
                    Mahalo matapule. We need to stop pointing fingers at each other and start digging deep into our wallets and continue giving. People are in great need in Haiti right now. If I could fly to Haiti, I would be there pulling victims out of the ruins, but all I can do is to sacrifice what I have left in savings and give to the cause.

It's not about who's gonna give more, but just to give! It's not about Pat Robertson or Rush Limbaugh making their statements, it's about helping those in need.

The Waiakea Lions Club in Hilo has always given in times of need, to Haiti, the Phillipines, Indonesia and everywhere we can thru donations. We do service work for our local communities. WLC takes the Lions motto seriously, "We Serve" sure we do pancake breakfasts. This year's fundraising efforts will go directly to three organizations that we targetted: 1) The Salvation Army 2) The Food Basket 3) Hawaii's Special Olympics.

Anyone wanna buy a ticket let me know.

When it comes to helping out the rest of the world, we dig deep and give what we can. I will defend our actions with vigor because we don't deserve to be chastised for not doing enough.

SERVITUDE...ITS WHAT WE DO!

Comment

It's not about who's gonna give more, but just to give! It's not about Pat Robertson or Rush Limbaugh making their statements, it's about helping those in need.
                      Very well said.

As far as Pat Robertson goes,.... at the end of the day, he'll face his reward/reckoning with his god for the life he has led. And for the sake of his soul, I hope it's a reward. Isn't it an unforgiveable sin to be a false prophet?
                      Last edited by Frankie's Market; January 20, 2010, 06:41 PM.
                      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Lotsa things I would like to say - but I won't say more than two:

First) Craig, what you and your group did was wonderful. The people suffering in Haiti won't give a damn if cash comes from Christians or Klingons - they just need the help, and you folks are doing so in a fine fashion.

Last) Let it be noted that, in my posts, I do not condemn the Christian faith or Christians as a group; my issue is with Mr. Robertson and his individually reprehensible behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          Lotsa things I would like to say - but I won't say more than two:

First) Craig, what you and your group did was wonderful. The people suffering in Haiti won't give a damn if cash comes from Christians or Klingons - they just need the help, and you folks are doing so in a fine fashion.

Last) Let it be noted that, in my posts, I do not condemn the Christian faith or Christians as a group; my issue is with Mr. Robertson and his individually reprehensible behavior.
                          "By their works ye shall know them."

Those who do good works shall be known as the faithful, whether their faith is in God or man.

Those who pass judgement shall be judged in their own turn, whether that judgement is from God or man.

We are all on this Earth together. What hurts your brother or sister also hurts you, though you may be so hard of heart that you feel it not.

When you reach out to help your brother or sister, also you help yourself and yours; have no doubt. Those who give, also receive.
                          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                          ~ ~
                          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

/snip

If one wants to look at history and create a tally on countries that were dessimated by natural disaster, all you have to do is look at the headlines. The earthquakes in Indonesia, floods in New Orleans...earthquake in Haiti. These were natural disasters but where did they hit? The Unites States has a fairly large Christian population, yet the biggest natural disaster in US history happened where? In a place that embraces devil worship in the eyes of Christians. Who controls all natural things on earth? The Devil (if you believe in God that is).

/snip

When I was researching "kakure kirishitans" or closet Christians in Japan (also known as Crypto-Christians) I came across the interesting fact that the atomic bomb in Nagasaki was dropped on the largest Catholic church in Japan and Nagasaki had at that time the largest population of Christians in Japan and that the atomic bomb killed about 2/3 of the Christians in Nagasaki. This was during a time when it was illegal to be Christian in Japan and Christians there faced terrible persecution so the believers had to hide their faith but the Kakure refused to give up their faith. I know you're talking about "natural" disasters but there is some debate that this bombing was a natural disaster to the extent that Nagasaki wasn't supposed to be bombed except that the original target was too clouded over to bomb. There is also some suggestion that the church wasn't the actual target (although I have also read an account that the church was picked as the target because it was the largest structure and the cross on top made it easier to target) but the bomb drifted on the wind and wound up detonating on top of the church.

In any event, I applaud your (and everyone else's) efforts to help the people in Haiti.

Comment

Anyone wanna buy a ticket let me know.
                              I can't come (well I am old after all), but I'll buy a ticket. Send me a PM with a mailing address and I'll send it in February, the next time I have access to a US post office.

Comment

People are in great need in Haiti right now. If I could fly to Haiti, I would be there pulling victims out of the ruins,
                                I received an email from a young attorney friend of mine last night. He says he has been trying to connect with a relief group in Haiti to go there and volunteer. He said "no dice." All the groups he's contacted said that they don't need more people, they need more money for supplies. They asked him to send a donation in the amount of his air travel and expenses instead.

Interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X