Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: John Edwards’ Affair Fallout

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
    Realize that the Democrat-Republican duopoly has strangled the system and elect independents?
    yeah - you've got a point there that's why i have now joined the progressive democrats!
    Last edited by anapuni808; January 27, 2010, 11:20 AM.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      Today's news reports are that the Edwardses are separating.

(Yeah, I know that's a gramatically-clunky sentence, but I'm short on time.)
      Interesting...when the "admission" came last week, it was reported then that the Edwards' were already separated. Oh, and I understood your sentence but I'm a gramatically clunky tutu!

Comment

So much potential, so little character.
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Sounds like a sex tape has been uncovered. Breaking news...tomorrow...per ABC!

ETA: Hmmm...maybe discovered is a better word!!!
          Last edited by tutusue; January 27, 2010, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            If he did it with mirrors, he might have been the only one there.

Comment

Well, Leno certainly won't shut up about it.

Comment

ETA: Hmmm...maybe discovered is a better word!!!
                Yeah, I mistakenly lumped Edwards with Mark Mcguire earlier. My bad! We should just throw hard green tomatoes and Mcguire. With Edwards, we do that after we tar and feather him.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/John_Edwa...ory?id=9680626

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                  Realize that the Democrat-Republican duopoly has strangled the system and elect independents?
                  Big deal, it'll just become a triopoly and be more of the same.
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                    I agree. The US is now run by the industrial/financial/military complex. The recent SCOTUS decision on campaign financing only strengthens their stranglehold. Vote for whomever you want, it doesn't look like anything will change soon.
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

It's getting jucier...

http://gawker.com/5456215/sources-jo...has-a-sex-tape
                      http://abcnews.go.com/2020/John_Edwa...9692534&page=1

This is probably the straw that FINALLY broke his wife's back.
                      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Interesting...when the "admission" came last week, it was reported then that the Edwards' were already separated.
                        I always knew Elizabeth Edward is mo smartah than [Secretary of State] Hilary Clinton.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                          Not if the third party is run by Larry Flint or Ron Jeremy.

Just remember that the Democrat and Republican used to be one poliica party pre-Lincoln.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                            I always knew Elizabeth Edward is mo smartah than [Secretary of State] Hilary Clinton.
                            Kinda apples and oranges in a way. The questions that'll remain unanswered are...Like the Clintons, would the Edwards' have stayed together while in the White House as President and first lady? And, unlike the Clintons, would the Edwards' have separated once his term(s) was over? No way of knowing...

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                              So much potential, so little character.
                              What amazes me is the denial on the part of John Edwards. Except for a written statement released by a spokesman, we still have not seen him make a public apology for his misdeeds — now apparently documented explicitly on video.

Edwards clearly has demonstrated a life-long pattern placing his ego and vanity above all other values, including the purity of truth. The latest from his camp: more denials.

Edwards Camp: Book Includes Falsehoods
                              Attorneys For John Edwards say Former Aide Andrew Young’s Tell-All Book is “Primarily Motivated by Financial Gain”
                              Last edited by TuNnL; January 29, 2010, 01:00 PM. Reason: proper linkage

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                              USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

Kinda apples and oranges in a way. The questions that'll remain unanswered are...Like the Clintons, would the Edwards' have stayed together while in the White House as President and first lady? And, unlike the Clintons, would the Edwards' have separated once his term(s) was over? No way of knowing...
                                Perhaps, but AFAIK, our current First Family are the Obamas, not the Clintons.

Comment

Working...
                                X