"Band of Brothers" on HBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Band of Brothers" on HBO

While the World War II 10 part miniseries Band of Brothers has been out for a long time and aired other channels beside HBO it seems that I always seem to catch the last 3 or 4 episodes of the series.

HBO has been reairing the entire series on Sunday nights at 6pm (HST) one episode per week. The episode is also available on HBO on Demand the next day (at this point in time the first three episodes are there for those who missed it).

Re: "Band of Brothers" on HBO

You really should rent or netflix the series and watch the whole thing in continuity.

IMO, it's the greatest miniseries ever made. I own the box set that comes in that tin case, and try to rewatch it at least once a year.

Can't wait for Band of Brother Pacific to come out, too.

Comment

I just watched the whole "Pacific" series. It's pretty brutal.
      Burl Burlingame
      "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
        Can't wait for Band of Brother Pacific to come out, too.
        Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
        I just watched the whole "Pacific" series.
        Please be aware that a thread about the TV mini-series Pacific already exists, so please put your comments there and not here.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
          You really should rent or netflix the series and watch the whole thing in continuity.
          Besides watching it when it is scheduled to air on HBO I also watch the previous epsiodes from HBO on Demand, most times with close captioning on because the dialogue goes by really fast and there are times you can't make out the characters name when it is spoken.

Plus there are some actors who kind of look the same and you can't tell them apart under the helmets they are wearing or of lighting conditions in the scene.

Comment

I absolutely love this series. My husband and I watch it once a year. It's hard to watch at times, but so worth it to see it its entirety. The best viewing we had though was living in Ewa Beach. All the planes going overhead to/from Hickam and HNL really added to the soundtrack of the first two episodes!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

In the past two months I purchased the first three episodes of Band of Brothers via iTunes. I know I want to pick up episodes 4 and 5 some time in the future.

Comment

Finally picked up all of the episodes plus the bonus episode from iTunes a few months ago.

Attempting to do a slow binge watch this week (2 episodes per day) of this series.

Comment

Even through I have all ten episodes and a bonus episode on The Men of Easy Company on my iTunes, I encountered and purchased the DVD version of Band of Brothers from Barnes & Nobles last week.

The one thing that the iTunes version as that the DVD version doesn't is the option of having English subtitles being display. The DVD version has Spanish subtitles available.

The DVD version does have extra features like showing a map of Europe where Easy Company has gone through and military terms that the characters say in the series.

Comment

Working...
                  X