Pernell Roberts RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pernell Roberts RIP

LA Times is reporting that the former Bonanza & Trapper John star has died.
    Sadly the Cartwright clan is now all gone.

Re: Pernell Roberts RIP

Sad news for us old-timers.
    I always knew I had to go back to school the next day when I saw Bonanza on Sunday nights.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

What was the title of the HI-50 episode he was in?
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
        LA Times is reporting that the former Bonanza & Trapper John star has died.
        How did he change from Wayne Rogers?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
          How did he change from Wayne Rogers?
          Roberts succeeded Rogers!

Comment

Wayne Rogers played Trapper John on the TV Series M*A*S*H which was set during the Korean War while Pernell Roberts played the same character in the TV series Trapper John M.D. which was set in the present time when that series aired (late 1970's to mid 1980's).

Comment

Trapper John & Lou Grant were two shows I enjoyed watching when I was a kid, odd thing was, you had a character played by Wayne Rogers on MASH that was the practical joker, funny guy that was the complete opposite of the character that was played by Pernell Roberts. In fact I've rarely seen Roberts cracking a smile in anything he did.

Now I'm going off topic here regarding Lou Grant, you had Ed Asner playing in a sitcom of the Mary Tyler Moore show, but yet he had comedic talents that you never saw when he played the same character on the Lou Grant tv series. I guess what it all boils down to is the changing of the characters from a sitcom to a one hour dramatic series.

Aj

Comment

In my mum's estimation, Roberts was the sexiest actor who happened to be bald.

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                What was the title of the HI-50 episode he was in?
                Roberts guest-starred in "The Grandstand Play," as a Hawaii Islander baseball player with a retarded son who was the eye-witness to a murder.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Trapper John & Lou Grant were two shows I enjoyed watching when I was a kid, odd thing was, you had a character played by Wayne Rogers on MASH that was the practical joker, funny guy that was the complete opposite of the character that was played by Pernell Roberts. In fact I've rarely seen Roberts cracking a smile in anything he did.
                  I guess what it all boils down to is the changing of the characters from a sitcom to a one hour dramatic series.
                  It was that. And there was also the fact that the Trapper John character had become the elder brother figure to Gonzo Gates (the younger surgeon) in the later show.
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                    Sad news for us old-timers.
                    I always knew I had to go back to school the next day when I saw Bonanza on Sunday nights.
                    Bingo! Me too!

Loved Trapper John too.

Comment

Working...
                    X