Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mufi threatened President with retaliation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mufi threatened President with retaliation!

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
    Both Obama and Mufi went to local private high schools and came from relatively modest backgrounds. Iolani isn't nearly as blueblooded as Punahou but as the poor sole boy from Kalihi probably had similar experiences to the popolo from the Makiki condo jungle.

I think Mufi's road to success has been much tougher than Obama's but you can tell the guy has had to fight, claw and persevere to get to where he is today.
    Both men worked hard to get to where they are today, there's no doubt about that. But I don't know if I necessarily agree with you that Mufi's road to success "has been much tougher" than Obama's. Let me explain.

Mufi's climb out of Kalihi wasn't entirely a self-made achievement. Older brother Nephi had made quite a name for himself as a popular entertainer in the 1960s and '70s. While Mufi was still going to school, Nephi had become a headliner at places like the Hana Ho Club and the Ilikai. He even made numerous appearances as an actor on Hawaii Five-0. So Mufi had the benefit of a successful older sibling who was a local celebrity and was making very good money, just as Obama had the benefit of being raised by a grandmother who was a VP at Bank of Hawaii.

Keep in mind too, the divergent paths that the two men took after leaving college. Mufi spent a few years in public service (including a stint as a White House intern). He then returned home to Hawaii where he became an executive at C. Brewer and Co.

Obama, OTOH, didn't come back to Hawaii. He established new roots in the South Side of Chicago as a community organizer, where his first job paid him a grand total of $13,000 a year.

Mufi's road "much tougher" than Obama's? If you took a closer look at the lives of both men, you might change your tune a little.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Maybe Mufi was NOT on the Guest List

Comment

Despite my rant of the other day, and with reading some of the facts and opinions of the diverse minds on HT, I'm going to toss in with the "Mufi Messed Up" contingent.

The prez was on vacation, and any American on vacation deserves a bit of R&R. I was wrong; he wasn't acting like a dictator - the park was officially 'closed,' he didn't throw the citizens out. Sure, he snagged himself a choice beach to himself & family, but any other time he had to go would be a security nightmare. Can you imagine keeping track of the kids in a full-load Hanauma Bay?

Mufi definately 'make a.'

MUFI: Do we need him? Can we affford him?

K (I think I did, too!)
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
          he was in teh costume? marshmallow head? ok. he never going live that one down.
          For the record, I would vote for a guy in a marshmallow costume. I would not vote for a public servant who big time the people.

Comment

Working...
          X