Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mufi threatened President with retaliation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mufi threatened President with retaliation!

Sweet heaveans, HThreadsters:

Do we have a "{top down}" government or a {bottom up} govwernment?

I think this is the major issue here.

OBAMA (aka Obummer) is acting like a dictator.

A least in this case.

Watch, and learn............

He will reveal his truth, i.e., who he really is.

Pay attention!

K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

(once again - it's just not worth it. just everyone carry on as before )
      Last edited by anapuni808; February 2, 2010, 08:21 PM.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
        A friend of mine who attended that Pearl City neighborhood board meeting said that state Rep. Mark Takai intervened after board member Chris Lum Lee had the city's spokesperson (Sandra Sagisi) all flustered with the questions regarding Hannemann's personal conduct and statement in the Politico.com article. Takai is in Mufi's pocket. But whatever. Chris wasn't intimidated in the least by Takai's empty threats.
        my opinion of k mark takai is that he is a head case and a jerk.

i met him on a social level a few years back. didn't make a big deal out of it. i knew who he was and remembered him from uh manoa days. guess i didn't kiss his ass enough or make a big deal that he was a state rep - oohhhh.

the next day i ran into him at another function. and he totally brushes me off when i make an attempt to say hello. i'm not one who thinks i'm so memorable - but one day after i meet him? we were sitting at a table having coffee less than 24 hours earlier. sheesh.

kinda funny in retrospect. my feelings weren't hurt. it was just so surprising. i was like "did that just happen?" i couldn't believe it. it was interesting to see that petty side of the guy. i get the feeling mufi can be petty too but at least he's gotten stuff done.

[/end of rant]

Comment

At this rate, Abercrombie won't have to top Mufi's warchest to win an election.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

what exactly has Mufi "gotten done"?
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Good job, Mufi!

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
              Sweet heaveans, HThreadsters:

Do we have a "{top down}" government or a {bottom up} govwernment?

I think this is the major issue here.

OBAMA (aka Obummer) is acting like a dictator.

A least in this case.
              Good point, Kaonohi. On this vacation, Obama graduated from the “I’ll be staying in Kailua, but if you live here too, you can drive through the barriers” ... to ... “I don’t care if your official job is protect Hanauma Bay — if I randomly decide I want to play in the water, KEEP OUT or a Secret Service agent will have a gun in your face!”

Federal government run amok, I tell you.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                On this vacation, Obama graduated from the “I’ll be staying in Kailua, but if you live here too, you can drive through the barriers” ... to ... “I don’t care if your official job is protect Hanauma Bay — if I randomly decide I want to play in the water, KEEP OUT or a Secret Service agent will have a gun in your face!”

Federal government run amok, I tell you.
                It's Mufi's ego that has run amok.

So what if the park manager couldn't get in right away. Even if it was for a couple of hours, all that matters to the Secret Service is that the President and his family are protected and that anyone unauthorized (or unidentified, as may be the case with an Alan Higa with no work ID on what was probably his day off) are kept away. When it comes to the President's safety, the stakes are way too high for them to be concerned about anyone's petty ego trips.

"Let me in there, or I'm gonna pull out all my city workers."

Once again, I'd really like to hear an explanation from the mayor explaining and justifying that kind of threat. TuNnl may have the luxury of ignoring that question in this forum. Mufi won't be able to if he has to face live, no-holds-barred questioning from Hawaii Reporter or the Pearl City Neighborhood Board.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Whether it was true hubris/retaliation, or a mayor having been given the royal slip and needing to account for his own people then getting stiffarmed, may be the question yet to answer.
                  We all know Mufi, but he may originally have had legit concerns.
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
                    my opinion of k mark takai is that he is a head case and a jerk.
                    But, he's Marshmallow Man.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                      Sounds like Obama doesn't care for/trust the Mufinator.
                      Probably wasn't trust issue, but more of a privacy issue. Who wants a photo op hungry politician around when you're hanging with your friends and family?

So yeah, "doesn't care for" gets my vote.
                      "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                      "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                      "
                      Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                        But, he's Marshmallow Man.
                        ha, I don't get this reference. care to enlighten me?

Comment

ha, I don't get this reference. care to enlighten me?
                          He was in the costume for the new mascot for UH in the 90's. The design was a Marshmallow looking thing. It got booed by UH fans after its first public viewing. It was never seen again.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                            He was in the costume for the new mascot for UH in the 90's. The design was a Marshmallow looking thing. It got booed by UH fans after its first public viewing. It was never seen again.
                            he was in teh costume? marshmallow head? ok. he never going live that one down.

i cut him a break. if i made ass like that then i'd be sour for a few years, no decades too. shet, no tell me that was his pinhead idea too? that is too funny.

i was at that game. was for more than just one game rite?

fahken a. thanks for taking the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                              Probably wasn't trust issue, but more of a privacy issue. Who wants a photo op hungry politician around when you're hanging with your friends and family?

So yeah, "doesn't care for" gets my vote.
                              Word.

As Politico.com correspondent Carol Lee wrote:

Hannemann has been so unabashed in his efforts to see and be seen with the president that it’s become a local joke. Eyes rolled across Honolulu when he recently introduced a proposal to change the name of a park that’s long been known as Magic Island to The President Barack Obama Beach Park at Magic Island. The signature photo on his Twitter page is one of him and Obama. And the 55-year-old loves telling people about the time then-Sen. Obama once called him one of the country’s best mayors.

When Hannemann showed up at Hanauma Bay, the city park where Obama was snorkeling during his recent holiday vacation, no one was surprised. The mayor also appeared at the Honolulu Zoo shortly after the Obama family arrived, anointed himself their tour guide and made it into all their photographs.
                              Anybody else notice a pattern here? The mayor gets word of the Obamas visiting Hanauma Bay, and he goes there. The following day, the mayor gets word of the Obamas visiting Honolulu Zoo, and he goes there. The difference between the two visits being that Obama's staff deliberately picked Hanauma on a day when they knew the beach-park was closed and allow for the First Family to enjoy a day of picnicking and snorkeling in private. Even the Presidential media pool was not allowed at the bay. The message was clear. The Obamas wanted that day at Hanauma to themselves and be free from reporters, photographers,.... and yes, even stalking politicians. So, the directive from Obama's staff for Mufi to take a hike.

OTOH, the Honolulu Zoo visit would be carried out on a day when the place was open as usual for business. The media was allowed to be there, and so was the Mayor. Now, Mufi didn't go to the zoo just to say hi and to leave the Obamas in the hands of the zookeeper. As reported, he took it upon himself to be the guide and to be photographed with them at every opportunity.

So if anyone thinks that Mufi drove all the way out to Hanauma just to get his park director in and that he had no intentions of trying to get inside himself for photo-ops, go ahead if you want to kid yourself.

he was in teh costume? marshmallow head? ok. he never going live that one down.

i cut him a break. if i made ass like that then i'd be sour for a few years, no decades too. shet, no tell me that was his pinhead idea too? that is too funny.

i was at that game. was for more than just one game rite?
                              I don't know if Mark actually wore that costume at the game. I know for a fact that as the ASUH president that year, he designed the costume and commissioned it as UH's official mascot.

The Marshmellow Man lasted for only one football game. The mascot was mercilessly booed by the crowd and universally panned by the students.

You're right about Mark not ever being able to live that one down. More than 20 years later, here we are, talking about it.
                              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

You know what. I think Mufi does overdo it with his Obama stalking. It is almost comical - but I actually think Mufi admires Obama beyond the "local, Hawaiian democrat done good" bit.

If you think about the similarities between Mufi and Obama in politics, Mufi probably has a lot of empathy for what Obama has had to overcome to get to the top.

Obama and Mufi are saddled with negative racial stereotypes that hurt and just tough to overcome. Stupid, lazy and ignorant are all adjectives that come to mind.

Both Obama and Mufi went to local private high schools and came from relatively modest backgrounds. Iolani isn't nearly as blueblooded as Punahou but as the poor sole boy from Kalihi probably had similar experiences to the popolo from the Makiki condo jungle.

I think Mufi's road to success has been much tougher than Obama's but you can tell the guy has had to fight, claw and persevere to get to where he is today. It's little wonder that Obama is his inspiration - maybe at a subconsious level but I don't think the Mufi fanboy is all about political gain.

He's too smart and calculating to overplay his hand like that. He really does associate with Obama so he don't care what other's think.

Because of that - I cut Mufi some slack. I think if people think about it. They should too.

EDIT: just so you guys know. I don't think blacks and polynesians are stupid, lazy or ignorant. those are stereotypes for most minorities. blacks, brownies - you know what I'm talking about so no get high blood. serious kine. not putting anyone down. just stating predudice.
                                Last edited by 808shooter; February 3, 2010, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X