Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ouija Board Game

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
    They say some people have this ability as a "gift".
    I don't have it, that's for sure. Haven't even seen a "ghost" or apparition in my lifetime, and I hope it stays that way, thank you very much.

I think for people who do have this supernatural "gift", the use of a Ouija board for them would be extra "dangerous", making them significantly more vulnerable to spiritual attacks. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.
    I believe you are wrong.
    Looks like "True Confessions" time.

If this is going to freak you out, time to skip to the next message....

My maternal grandfather used to take us out in his wooded backyard (which is now covered over by I-95) to teach us about nature. He would whistle into the trees and the birds would come and sit on his shoulders. My older sister said he did much more, to the point of teaching her things about working with nature spirits.

I was always interested in things 'psychic,' and occasionally had experiences I could not explain or understand, which was fuel for the fire.

In the 1970's I started seriously meditating, and expanded my sensitivity to things which people call 'paranormal,' (but which I think are just normal things that are poorly understood because of their relative rarity).

In 1975, at the University of Connecticut at Storrs, I was hooked up to an EEG to record my brainwaves while meditating. I was able to slow my brainwaves to 3 cps and remain awake and aware, even talking. At that frequency most people are deep asleep. The researchers didn't now what to make of it, it undermined what they had been taught.

I have had several detailed prophetic dreams (all mundane - nothing earth-shaking, but exact in critical, unknowable details), I've dabbled in remote viewing (aka astral projection) using double-blind verification. I have encountered disembodied consciousnesses - two voices talking in present tense regarding me, and have seen energy fields that another person identified as her "spirit guides."

And more.

So I guess I have this "ability" to some degree, and I never found the Ouija board dangerous or even special. FWIW.

K~~~~
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
      [...]
      If this is going to freak you out, time to skip to the next message....[...]
      Nope...my message will freak 'em out, too!
      [...]
      They say some people have this ability as a "gift". I don't have it, that's for sure. Haven't even seen a "ghost" or apparition in my lifetime, and I hope it stays that way, thank you very much[...].
      I bought a home in the '80s and the seller told me the ghost of the owner from decades previous resided in the attic. She told me this after we'd gotten to know each other a bit! Said ghost supposedly spent his/her time in a rocking chair and, on occasion, the rocking could be heard! Seller was told that by the seller she bought from! The room that the ghost resided above was to be my daughter's bedroom. Needless to say, I didn't tell her anything! Sure 'nuff...one morning Michele told me she kept hearing noises in the attic that night...like a squeaky rocking chair! I asked her if it seemed scary to her. It didn't and we didn't speak of it again...'til long after I sold that house!

The noises in the attic escalated after I listed the house to move to a condo. Loud noises. Sounded like throwing boxes around. I finally brought a psychic to the property who told me that the 'spirit' spent most of the time in the large banyan tree on the property and was afraid the tree was going to be cut down and the house razed. The spirit was rebelling to catch my attention. It worked! No way, I said, as I would never sell to anyone who would do that. The tree was beautiful and the house was one of those wonderful, old Kahala cottages. First offer on the house asked, as a contingency, that I have the tree cut down at my expense. I refused and the deal fell thru because of it. The spirit noise calmed down for awhile then started up again.

Second offer came in from someone who really appreciated the property just as it was. There was no financing contingency in the offer and financing fell thru. The buyer needed to quickly sell the property while he and I were still in escrow. The noise in the attic was keeping me awake by now. The new sale happened and the new buyer ended up cutting down the tree AND razing the house. I was horrified even tho' I knew I honored my own wishes to not sell to someone who would destroy the property. Evidently the spirit saw this coming all along and the new buyer (who bought from my buyer, not me) built a stucco palace on the now tree-free property, then ended up in foreclosure, bankruptcy and moving to the mainland. You be the judge!
      I think for people who do have this supernatural "gift", the use of a Ouija board for them would be extra "dangerous", making them significantly more vulnerable to spiritual attacks. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.
      I have a different take on this. For me, it was obvious when a negative spirit tried to break thru the board. But, for the most part, the positive spirits ruled the board. As soon as I detected the start of a negative message I'd acknowledge it then deny it's presence. Then I'd shut down the board for awhile. Spirit attacks were never a big deal, probably 'cuz my grandma was hovering around me giving 'em whack whacks!

Comment

You know it's time to reply when a topic runs through your mind long after you've stopped reading it.

Part of the reason I decided to study physics was to see if all this stuff could be true. What I have discovered is that in many ways, it is absolutely possible! Our thoughts (each and every one) live forever. Even astral projection is a very real possibility. I'm not going to get into all the technical stuff - cause all that seems to get me is to be put on everyone's ignore lists - but let's just say that yes, I do believe you can communicate in ways that don't include the eyes and ears. And yes, I do believe in things like communicating through ouija boards and automatic writing.

Ironically, the thing that the study of physics did cause me not to believe in was the existence of a single supreme being. (I realize that many here believe otherwise - no offense meant, just talking about what I believe). It is much more likely that we were designed and dropped here by an alien race. I'm just saying.......

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
          I do believe you can communicate in ways that don't include the eyes and ears. And yes, I do believe in things like communicating through ouija boards and automatic writing.
          There's a few companies out there with games and other interactive devices that use your BRAINWAVES to control them, with so far limited usefulness, although entertaining (albeit headache-inducing) as a novelty I suppose. See a number of them here.

Perhaps a "touchless" brainwave-controlled Ouija Board game may be in the works?

Speaking of Astral Travel, while not the same, I remember listening to a tape recording of an Art Bell show, where his guest was an expert in the practice of Technical Remote Viewing (TRV). He mentioned how TRV experts were hired by the NTSB to find the cause of the TWA Flight 800 crash. And also how TRV is used to communicate with the "Greys" (aliens). Interesting stuff.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I remember listening to a tape recording of an Art Bell show, where his guest was an expert in the practice of Technical Remote Viewing (TRV).
            If that was Maj. Ed Dames, forget him, he's been discredited too often.
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
              Part of the reason I decided to study physics was to see if all this stuff could be true. What I have discovered is that in many ways, it is absolutely possible! Our thoughts (each and every one) live forever. Even astral projection is a very real possibility. I'm not going to get into all the technical stuff - cause all that seems to get me is to be put on everyone's ignore lists - but let's just say that yes, I do believe you can communicate in ways that don't include the eyes and ears. And yes, I do believe in things like communicating through ouija boards and automatic writing.
              Thanks for that perspective, acousticlady.

I agree that we can control things in subtle and challenging-to-measure ways. Similar to something Kaonohi was discussing earlier, I took a college course in biomechanics. During one testing session, witnessed by a roomful of instructors at the University of Iowa, I was able to "manipulate" the readouts on several pieces of equipment monitoring vital signs - getting them to move from one end of their scale to another, through concentrated mental effort. The most astounding one was when I was hooked up to two heart-rate monitors; I got one to show my heart-rate changing from approximately 25 bpm to about 140 bpm --- while the other one kept steady at around 72-75 bpm.

If you can do that (and I'm sure there are many who can), you can easily get a Ouija board to say whatever you want it to say, without others perceiving how you do it.

But using it to get messages "from beyond?" Sorry, that's where I shift to skepticism. (Clarity: acousticlady didn't say this, but others did.)

Remind me to show you how I can make the pupils of my eyes shrink and enlarge while I stare at ya; that's kinda freaky, too.

Comment

Beyond the Ouija Board

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                I agree that we can control things in subtle and challenging-to-measure ways.
                [...]
                I was able to "manipulate" the readouts on several pieces of equipment monitoring vital signs
                [...]
                But using it to get messages "from beyond?" Sorry, that's where I shift to skepticism.
                [...]
                Remind me to show you how I can make the pupils of my eyes shrink and enlarge while I stare at ya; that's kinda freaky, too.
                We have a lot more control over our bodies than we allow. Leo seems to be a natural (most of us have to practice a lot!), and also seems he's got a lot of 'heart.' (or maybe just two?)

This is basically the mind controlling the brain which controls the body. Some people can wiggle their ears, others can learn how, perhaps some can't.

As far as PSI goes (messages "from beyond?"), true skepticism is healthy. (By this I mean that one does not blindly believe everything one hears, as opposed to cynicism, where one blindly disbelieves anything not proven by their standards.)

There's a lot of evidence and not enough research into this field, which is hardly 50 years old. Research is blocked by scientists who feel it threatens their premises as well as religious attitudes that PSI is 'from the devil' or some such.

I recommend the film: "Something Unknown is doing We Don't Know What...." for a good overview of the science behind the PSI. (PSI being an overall term that covers what has previously been called 'paranormal;' it seems like it's time to throw out the 'para' and realize these things are normal, but not yet well understood.)

We have a lot to learn, and as with any research we must not jump to conclusions, but neither must we reject any data without due cause. Already there are too many amateurs (non-scientists) who for whatever reason are quick to discredit PSI for silly reasons such as "It could have been faked."

It's like we shouldn't make assumptions either way - pro or con. I have faith that continued research will answer these questions for us - as long as we allow it.
                ~ ~

Comment

Re: Beyond the Ouija Board

There's a lot of evidence and not enough research into this field, which is hardly 50 years old.
                  I certainly agree with that statement as well. We don't have definitive answers one way or another, so let the research continue.

Just like religious faith. We don't have definitive answers, but too many people insist that their way of believing is the "truth."

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    I certainly agree with that statement as well. We don't have definitive answers one way or another, so let the research continue.

Just like religious faith. We don't have definitive answers, but too many people insist that their way of believing is the "truth."
                    Just as Darwinians insist their way of believing is the "truth" as well and dare to insist their way to be the only way to be taught in a classroom.
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I had a board when I was younger. Back then, things we saw and heard in our daily lives influenced what or who we encountered through the board. Good/Bad, didn't matter. I always felt that I could never really take anything seriously that said "Parker Brothers" right across the front of the thing We took it less seriously when my dog ate part of the pointer.

Eventually, the board went on to become the base of a diorama that I put together for a H.S. Speech class. My subject: Seatbelt safety. The diorama, a scene in which a jeep slammed into a bus therefore ejecting it's passengers for which I used pipe cleaners to depict the flightpath of the passengers as they ejected from the jeep.
                      -kp!

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                        Just as Darwinians insist their way of believing is the "truth" as well and dare to insist their way to be the only way to be taught in a classroom.
                        “Today, the theory of evolution is an accepted fact for everyone but a fundamentalist minority, whose objections are based not on reasoning but on doctrinaire adherence to religious principles.” - James D. Watson, co-discoverer of the structure of DNA, Nobel Prize recipient

Comment

If anyone out there has the pure absolute Truth (with a capital T) and can prove it without using the words of others (instead of their own) to back it up, please stand.

Everyone else sit, and we can discuss our OPINIONS!

We think we are so smart, but we are yet infants in a complicated, surprising world.

K\
                          ~ ~

Comment

When I was 13 I had a sleep over with a bunch of girlfriends. Yagoda brought over her Ouija and we played with it asking all the silly questions we could think of. I asked what would my future husband's name be...the planchette spelled out 'Sanford'. Of course I got hassled by everyone 'cause 'Sanford and Son' was one of the top shows at the time.

Segway to me at 18 and in the Air Force...I meet a guy 10 years older than me and we become friends and then hook up, we're still married to this day 30+ years later.

His name is Sandy....short for Sanford.

Comment

If anyone out there has the pure absolute Truth (with a capital T) and can prove it without using the words of others (instead of their own) to back it up, please stand.
                              Neither Craig nor I would claim to know any truth that applies to anyone outside ourselves. At least, I think that's so - Craig can speak clearly for himself, and doesn't need me to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
                                His name is Sandy....short for Sanford.
                                oooooWEEEEEooooooo! That was cool! So was your story...
                                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                                X