SuperBowl XLIV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SuperBowl XLIV

They should have included Conan sitting behind the three scowling at them or making faces!

Then there's this story about Manning not bothering to congratulate anyone from the Saints after the game http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,218314-
    and how the author seeks to defend it...
    Last edited by Ron Whitfield; February 8, 2010, 04:33 PM.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Well, tell the Killer I didn't say it, Grace did! I'd be more than happy to see Chuck Berry any day now.

BUT ... let's face it, the Who just looked like an antique parody of themselves. Explain to young teenagers what they were doing at the SuperBowl. "You like them?" they asked incredulously. Well, I did about 45 years ago, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        Then there's this story about Manning not bothering to congratulate anyone from the Saints after the game
        I'm trying to remember if the Boise St. QB shook the hands of UH players when UH fans storm Aloha Stadium field.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          I'm a little surprised that nobody commented on the 15-second promo ad for the Letterman show, with Letterman, Oprah... and Jay Leno.
          I thought I was seeing things. Figured it was some technical trick. But no; there's an interesting story about how it came to be, complete with high-level negotiatinos between CBS and NBC execs, NBC sending Leno to New York, his entering the Ed Sullivan theater in disguise (a hoodie and a fake moustache), etc. Good fun!
          And yes, it was Letterman's idea. Good for him for suggesting it, and good for Leno for agreeing to it.
          Three thumbs up.
          It would have been even greater if Zucker was in the background.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
            Well, tell the Killer I didn't say it, Grace did! I'd be more than happy to see Chuck Berry any day now.

BUT ... let's face it, the Who just looked like an antique parody of themselves. Explain to young teenagers what they were doing at the SuperBowl. "You like them?" they asked incredulously. Well, I did about 45 years ago, yes.
            Will do!
            And Little Richard, Fats Domino, Wanda Jackson, The (real) Comets...

Funny, I was saying The Who were merely a parody back in 1980 when I went for free to see them. Keith was dead, Pete had a cast on his plectrum hand, I was pining for the '73 show that blew the roof off The Forum, and came away disappointed that last time.
            But I got over it a few years ago, and am glad they still feel like getting a good rock on.

Comment

It's not age that's oh so awful - it's the quality of the sound. A singer/group in their 90's would be great if they still sound great. If not, well, not so much... In this case, the latter prevailed.

As for the game, two good teams - the lucky one prevailed.
              May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                As for the game, two good teams - the lucky one prevailed.
                Why do you say the "lucky one?" On this night, the better team prevailed. Both offense and defense outplayed the Colts.
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Mo betta, the unlucky team lost. The Colt's just didn't have it.

Comment

The Saints' victory felt like a mid major school winning a national championship.

Comment

Is Drew Brees the only NFL QB who leads the team's battlecry chant? The team's vocal leader is usually done by a Ray Lewis' type of player instead of the quarterback.

Comment

Working...
                      X