SuperBowl XLIV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBowl XLIV

Colts 31, Saints 23. I actually think it's going to be 31-20, but something won't let me predict an 11-point differential, so I'll go with 8.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: SuperBowl XLIV

It would be a great day for N'Oleans, they deserve it.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      Colts 31, Saints 23. I actually think it's going to be 31-20, but something won't let me predict an 11-point differential, so I'll go with 8.
      Drew Brees is a former client and personal friend. He is a true gentleman in every sense of the word and all around good guy. He is very polite and insisted on caling me "sir." He is a fierce competitor and also committed family man. I would be completely shocked if he was ever involved in the hanky panky by professional athletes we read about today.

I lived through his serious shoulder injury and the Chargers sending him packing. He was devasted. He was very ambivalent about going to New Orleans, but that was his only option. The Chargers must look at that decision with some chagrin now.

I have no committment to the Saints as a team, but I'm rooting for Drew. He deserves a ring. The Colts might as well mail in the defeat.
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

At halftime the game is Colts 10 Saints 6.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Who Dat?
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I'd say the Colts lost this game as much as who dat won it. They fizzled before Manning capped it at the end.

But it was good to see The Who @ 1/2 time, w/Pino on bass.

Comment

>> w/Pino on bass.

Pino Palladino rules. He's very good with the JM3.

And the game was good, as well.

Comment

The Saints won with Brees controlling the clock with short passes and moving the chains.
                I was relieved that they didn't have kids rushed the stage when The Who started playing.

Comment

am i glad i didn't bet on this game! i thought for sure the colts would win; definitely by the 3rd quarter, i was stunned that the colts defense couldn't stop the pass; i didn't have a personal favorite but i'm happy for the saints who clearly was the better team today....
                  525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                    But it was good to see The Who @ 1/2 time, w/Pino on bass.
                    While I enjoy classic rock, personally I think the Super Bowl should start featuring more current, younger bands and artists. Watching these aging rockers perform is almost painful to watch and listen to. God forbid they have Bon Jovi perform at next year's show.

I'm all for Lady Gaga performing at next year's half time show. Besides, I don't think she'll have a wardrobe "misfunction", as "her" entire wardrobe IS misfunctioned by default.

What ya' think Ron?
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                      What ya' think Ron?
                      Uh..., we'll have to agree to disagree?

If you're talking new as in Radiohead or other good new, then sure.

What we don't need is Beyonce' doing her pathetic Grammy winning tune (how does THAT happen?!).

I'd like to see... Richie Havens www.richiehavens.com or Mermen www.mermen.net or some jazz, or Hawaiian w/steel, or classic country w/steel.
                      The best would be Iggy and The Stooges...
                      But The Who were a good choice, they're loud, famous, good enuf to be in the stupid R&RHoF, and still alive... sorta.

Hope that helps

Comment

Since the Who obviously can't realize it themselves, it's a shame they don't have close friends who can persuade them to retire gracefully. As Grace Slick said, "fifty-year-olds singing rock make me cringe" (and the Who are well beyond that).

Comment

It was close enuf for rock n roll...

It's only rock n roll, and I like it.

Try telling The Killer, Jerry Lee Lewis he shouldn't be playing at his age, then get back to us when you can type again...

Comment

Well ... half-a-who, hennyway.

Comment

I'm a little surprised that nobody commented on the 15-second promo ad for the Letterman show, with Letterman, Oprah... and Jay Leno.
                              I thought I was seeing things. Figured it was some technical trick. But no; there's an interesting story about how it came to be, complete with high-level negotiatinos between CBS and NBC execs, NBC sending Leno to New York, his entering the Ed Sullivan theater in disguise (a hoodie and a fake moustache), etc. Good fun!
                              And yes, it was Letterman's idea. Good for him for suggesting it, and good for Leno for agreeing to it.
                              Three thumbs up.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X