'10 Super Bowl commercials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '10 Super Bowl commercials

Minus the Budweiser cow/horse, which was merely OK cause I like animals, I thot the commercials this time were about as bad as anything you see at 3am during Springer, if not worse.

This is supposed to be THE PREMIER commercial hour when the big $s put their very best out front.
    Instead they were all embarrassingly bad. THAT was funny...
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: '10 Super Bowl commercials

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    [...]
    This is supposed to be THE PREMIER commercial hour when the big $s put their very best out front.
    Instead they were all embarrassingly bad. THAT was funny...
    The poor quality of the SB commercials is all the buzz among my Facebook friends. I'm wondering...because the cost of airing them is so exorbitant, the production budgets have to suffer out of necessity.

I saw nothing today because I was working. I usually mute the game and watch the commercials if I'm not at a SB party. Sounds like I was better off earning a living today instead!

Comment

The best commercial is the one with Oprah in between David Letterman and Jay Leno on the couch watching the Super Bowl.

Comment

My wife loved the Betty White ad and the one with the midget KISS cover band. Other than that, dreadful. A primary theme of many of the ads? Men have been emasculated by those pesky empowered women. Coupled with the usual misogyny (have I mentioned this month how much I hate GoDaddy?), this is probably the first year I liked the football part better.

Comment

PZ - you aren't the only one who doesn't like the GoDaddy commercials. I kind of like the Simpson style Coke commercial - great animation in it.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Shoot, I missed Betty's com., I dig her.

TS, I think the 'brains' behind these are simply clueless to true and total quality as we know it from the day's when it really mattered. It exists only in the rarest and most minor amounts today, in any/all form of media, and how any of the ones just prior to halftime when I tuned in could be approved to air, is baffling but that's today's world. I don't think they care.
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

the Betty White ad-whatever it was for- and The Simpsons/Coke ad were the only decent ones. Other than that, it was disgusting.
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

From the ads that I was able to see....

The Snickers Ad which featured Betty White was egh......btw I did not know Abe Vigoda was still living!

The ad that did make me laugh was 2 ads for Doritos......

- The first one was the one w/ the guy who is eating at the park bench and sees a dog passing by wearing a collar that has a feature where the dog has the ability to talk. He touches the dogs collar and teases the dog to speak while dangling a doritos chip. The dog walks away and sneaks up behind the guy, wraps the dog collar around his neck and steals the bag away. When the guy tries to speak he gets a shock jolt.

- The udda one takes place in a gym and guy #1 offers Doritos to Guy #2. Guy #2 asks where did he get this and Guy #1 says he got it from Tim's Locker..... Guy #2 suddenly gets scared and says nooooooo not TIM! A Doritos Chip appears on Guy#2 neck and Guy #1 is running for his life cuz you see the person referred to as TIM is supa maaaad!

Comment

Nobody liked the commercial featuring underware? I guess you have to be over 60 to like that one.
                  Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I hated the underwear ad and the Audi ad with the Green Gestappo.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                      I hated the underwear ad
                      I attened a SuperBowl party with about 30-40 of the primarily over 60 crowd. The underwear ad got the biggest guffaws with Bette White placing second.
                      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Since I don't care about the game at all (and obviously don't care who knows it), I used to tape it each year just to go through and see the commercials.

After the year of the flaming horse farts, I stopped even doing that much.

As you folks have confirmed for me, the majority of the spots are crap and crass now, and if there are ones generally perceived as clever, I can watch 'em on the web shortly after they air.

Slapstick violence, misogyny, bodily-function "humor" - hey, that's the formula for most "comedy" movies these days, too, isn't it?

Comment

Just posted in the other SuperBowl thread:

I'm a little surprised that nobody commented on the 15-second promo ad for the Letterman show, with Letterman, Oprah... and Jay Leno.
                          I thought I was seeing things. Figured it was some technical trick. But no; there's an interesting story about how it came to be, complete with high-level negotiatinos between CBS and NBC execs, NBC sending Leno to New York, his entering the Ed Sullivan theater in disguise (a hoodie and a fake moustache), etc. Good fun!
                          And yes, it was Letterman's idea. Good for him for suggesting it, and good for Leno for agreeing to it.
                          Three thumbs up.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I liked the monster.com ad with the fiddling beaver.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                              The Snickers Ad which featured Betty White was egh......btw I did not know Abe Vigoda was still living!
                              Where was Gavin MaCloud making a Betty White is promiscuous joke?

Comment

Working...
                              X