American Savings Bank & The IRS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Savings Bank & The IRS

I'm curious if anyone else has had a problem with the IRS depositing their refund into an American Savings Bank account. The IRS was unable to deposit my girlfriend's refund into her ASB account despite the fact that the routing and account numbers were correct.

Thus, she has to wait an additional three weeks for the IRS to issue her a paper check.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Re: American Savings Bank & The IRS

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
    I'm curious if anyone else has had a problem with the IRS depositing their refund into an American Savings Bank account. The IRS was unable to deposit my girlfriend's refund into her ASB account despite the fact that the routing and account numbers were correct.

Thus, she has to wait an additional three weeks for the IRS to issue her a paper check.
    I've been doing direct deposit of my tax returns to my ASB checking for the last 3 years with no problem.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
      I've been doing direct deposit of my tax returns to my ASB checking for the last 3 years with no problem.
      This includes this year's refund, correct ? The IRS implied that it was an ASB issue. My girlfriend spoke to ASB and they told her they haven't received any tax refunds as of late.

I tried searching the net to see if others were having the same problem. There was no significant issues I could discern for the 2009 filing year.

It is just frustrating since both the routing and the account number were correct on her return and the IRS still can't deposit the refund....(they apparently tried numerous times and it was rejected).
      The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
        This includes this year's refund, correct ? The IRS implied that it was an ASB issue. My girlfriend spoke to ASB and they told her they haven't received any tax refunds as of late.

I tried searching the net to see if others were having the same problem. There was no significant issues I could discern for the 2009 filing year.

It is just frustrating since both the routing and the account number were correct on her return and the IRS still can't deposit the refund....(they apparently tried numerous times and it was rejected).
        Yup, including filing for 2009.
        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

This absolutely bizarre and very frustrating. I don't understand at all why the IRS had difficulty in depositing her refund. It should've been a slam dunk for them as the routing and account number were correct.

Nonetheless, my girlfriend has to wait three weeks for the IRS to issue a paper check due to the idiots at ASB and the wonderful Internal Revenue Service.
          The Kona Blog

Comment

At least she will receive it before the state issues their refunds in JULY!!!

(sorry, i could not resist....)

Comment

I've never had issues with ASB and the IRS. However I did at one point have that exact problem with Capital One and the IRS. I sent Capital One a copy of a voided check, letter from ASB clearly showing the Routing/Account numbers.

Finally I ended up talking to a computer technician who handled Capital One's online bill payment division in Nova Scotia who told me the problem was on their end.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
              X