Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disappearing businesses

As of this coming Sunday afternoon:

Victoria Inn...had my second son's first birthday party on the second floor back in 2006. Sad to see these places closing down....

http://www.staradvertiser.com/busine...f_service.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
      As of this coming Sunday afternoon:

Victoria Inn...had my second son's first birthday party on the second floor back in 2006. Sad to see these places closing down....

http://www.staradvertiser.com/busine...f_service.html
      PAYWALL!
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
        PAYWALL!
        Sorry Mel, just trying to cite my source.

Comment

Is Sam Goody's @ Ala Moana closing? Heard they are having one of those EVERYTHING MUST GO sales....

Comment

Is Sam Goody's @ Ala Moana closing? Heard they are having one of those EVERYTHING MUST GO sales....
            I'll have to check. They seemed as good as ever when I went past them this week.

I know once before they had a sign that made me think they were closeting, but it was just sales hype.

Pretty soon the price on that "leg lamp" from A Christmas Story and the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree will fall.

Comment

I stopped by to check out the signs. Yes, the store is closing. 20-50% off. All sales final. And even "Store Closing" signs. No indication as to what the final day will be. I wasn't able to speak to the staff.

Comment

there was a blog entry @ ThePaper's Web site that reports Sam Goody's and SunCoast Video @ windward mall are liquidating prior to an anticipated shutdown in February

Comment

Sam Goody's Going Out of Business by macprohawaii, on Flickr

Yep, liquidation sale still happening. All stores in Hawaii closing. Got a special edition copy of "Band on the Run" by McCartney / Wings for $17. Two CD set, 1 DVD... nice addition to my Wings collection.

Vulture Sale - Everything Must Go! by macprohawaii, on Flickr

There was a line yesterday. Almost half of the store is empty. People are buying stuff.

Another "record" store closing... soon only iTunes and maybe Amazon left.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Every cloud has a Silver inside.
                    The retreat of the big box stores gives opportunities to
                    local businesses.

Comment

Or not - I buy more online than elsewhere, but at least I'm supporting our local post office!
                      May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post

Sam Goody's Going Out of Business by macprohawaii, on Flickr

Yep, liquidation sale still happening. All stores in Hawaii closing. Got a special edition copy of "Band on the Run" by McCartney / Wings for $17. Two CD set, 1 DVD... nice addition to my Wings collection.

Vulture Sale - Everything Must Go! by macprohawaii, on Flickr

There was a line yesterday. Almost half of the store is empty. People are buying stuff.

Another "record" store closing... soon only iTunes and maybe Amazon left.

I used to work at this location when it WAS Sam Goodys.... All that yellow interior was unheard of yet and it was an actual/typical music/video audio store back in the day. Around 1994/95 and when I used to live in town at the time. When I learned from a friend that i worked with announced that the store is shuterring I got sad. The internet, amazon and itunes definately took an impact, see what happened to Tower Records?

Comment

BTW, my current avatar is when it was Sam Goodys...... See

Comment

It was just announced that Sports Authority is moving into the large former Border's Books space at Windward Mall. Very good!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Looks like Sears at AMC will be winding down early next year.

Any guess on what replacements? Sounds like GGP wants smaller retailers in place.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                                Looks like Sears at AMC will be winding down early next year.

Any guess on what replacements? Sounds like GGP wants smaller retailers in place.
                                Wall Street Journal weighs in on the story, saying that, of the $270 million General Growth disclosed that it’s paying Sears, the portion attributable to the Sears at Ala Moana ranges from $200 million to $250 million; that space is the prize of the deal for the eleven sites.

Comment

Working...
                                X