Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thoughtful questions... possible answers

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
    THOUGHTFUL QUESTION: Why do people text? Isn't it easier just to talk to that person?

POSSIBLE ANSWER: I dunno, maybe I'm just jealous because I can't text as fast as anyone else on this planet.

Possible answer: When all you have to say is that you're at someone's house to pick them up, it's quicker and easier to just text. Or if you have a question but it's not urgent/you don't want to bother them, especially if they're in work/school. I'm not the sort to hold entire conversations through texting, but when it's a quick exchange, I prefer it over the phone.
    Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
    Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

THOUGHTFUL QUESTION: Why do people text? Isn't it easier just to talk to that person?
      That depends on the situation. I am in a group with a size of 8 people all having some form of a texting device (cell phone or iPhone) one person can send a message via text to all members of the group at once. Trouble is on the receiving end you don't know if the message you got was addressed to you or to the entire group.

Also with a text message the reciever can in most cases at least read the message without distrubing others.

Comment

I'm a non-text'r just no need for me.
        But as others have pointed out there are good reasons sometimes.
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

It was definitely more efficient to just text "eggs!" to my hubby today.

He knew what I meant.

Comment

Sometimes I say "shoots" instead of a plain "okay". But why?

Originally posted by D'Alani View Post
            I think it's a sort of a pidgin way to say "sure thing" Like when someone says eh we go so and so place and you say shoots we go.
            Exactly! Just like "I'm in".

Comment

Originally posted by spookrepitus View Post
              It was definitely more efficient to just text "eggs!" to my hubby today.

He knew what I meant.
              although I think it would have been quite entertaining to call him up, yell "eggs!" into the phone, and then hang up without another word.

At least, I'd be entertained.. *plots 4am prank calls to her mother*
              Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
              Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
                although I think it would have been quite entertaining to call him up, yell "eggs!" into the phone, and then hang up without another word.
                Sounds more like something he'd do to me. I hope he's not reading this...give him ideas...

Comment

How come we can't buy alcohol after 12, though bars are open later?
                  Also someone could walk into the store and buy 20 cases if they wish at 11:45pm?

It just ain't right.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                    Also someone could walk into the store and buy 20 cases if they wish at 11:45pm?

It just ain't right.

No it ain't, but I have lived (am living) in states with even crazier liquor laws.

Massachusetts: liquor cannot be sold on Sunday (except for New Hampshire border towns where they have to compete) but the bars are open.

Utah: No bars open on election day. Draught beer stronger than 3.2% ("heavy beer") is not allowed. Big restrictions on who can sell the bottled stuff and when too. Hard liquor, I believe, can only be sold by the state through their own stores, which have inconvenient hours to say the least. I could go on and on and on...

Comment

It just ain't right.
                      who in their right mind will wait till after midnight to buy alcohol? By the time midnight comes around I'm too drunk to get more anyway.
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                        who in their right mind will wait till after midnight to buy alcohol?
                        HaHa! Or didn't stock up, but gets off work at midnight maybe?

Comment

I think this is amazing and wonder how the migration started? Any ideas?

The Pacific(Hawaiian-Mexican) Humpback Whales.

In fall they leave their native Alaskan waters, where their food is...
                          Swim thousands of miles south, have calves, nurse said calves, and swim home...
                          Before eating again!

Weird to think of how that started.

Comment

What do you think... pertaining to gender and hair length?

I'll withold my thoughts till hopefully others ponder.

Comment

Okay then... Why is it that there is gender discrimination when it comes to hair length?

For the most part, women can have their head shaved or long enough to reach the floor and of course anywhere in between and it be acceptable?

While men can be shaved to barely shoulder length hair or it'll be thought of as unacceptable in many situations?

Comment

Okay then... Why is it that there is gender discrimination when it comes to hair length?

For the most part, women can have their head shaved or long enough to reach the floor and of course anywhere in between and it be acceptable?

While men can be shaved to barely shoulder length hair or it'll be thought of as unacceptable in many situations?
                                Okay then let's take it to the extreme...why is it okay for women to wear men's clothes and look perfectly normal, yet men...
                                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X