HAIR - Manoa Valley Theatre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HAIR - Manoa Valley Theatre

I'm very happy they're having such a success with it, but I just couldn't sit through that show again.

Comment

Oh what an afternoon! I'm elated, smiling, and exhausted...

A wonderful well done production in my opinion! I recommend you go if at all possible. Don't miss this, 'K?

My best girl-friend Jeanette and I dressed in some of our own hippie/gypsy attire. I also brought my God kids Waverly(16) and Tristan(13). They really enjoyed it too!
      Starting with chicken skin on the first number. KiwiDiva is incredible!!! As are all the actors. Terrific voices and many solo or spotlight scenes. The stage, costumes and props fit together well. I had to be careful to not sing too loud too. HaHa! We were all given flowers and even a strand of beads. too cool!

I started to tear up a couple of times and cried near the end. I feel stuff.
      Laughed though out. Then during the last number KiwiDiva brought me up on stage and another grabbed Jeanette so we could sing and dance for "Let the sun shine in". Afterwards, I was still so excited I forgot to ask if we could take photos then. Anyways, thanks to everyone involved for a great time!
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Thanks so much for coming, MM!

We have so much fun on stage and it was great to see you out in the audience enjoying it too!
        Last edited by kiwidiva; March 22, 2010, 11:10 AM.
        Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
        My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

We were on SUNRISE today promoting the show - I don't enjoy singing in the morning but it was a pretty groovy way to start my week! They let us sing 3 songs - Aquarius, Hair and Flesh Failures/Let the Sun Shine In. The three clips are posted at the following link.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/Global/...asp?S=12183478
          Last edited by kiwidiva; March 22, 2010, 11:10 AM.
          My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

We received our third and final extension of HAIR so your last chance to see HAIR at Manoa Valley Theater is Friday, April 9 at 8 p.m. and Saturday, April 10 at 8 p.m.

Look who came to the show over the weekend...

Neil Abercrombie (a big hippy himself) joined the tribe.

Ken Leung AKA Miles from LOST!

Comment

Great news, KD. As an aside, a friend (she's my age) and I saw "Shout" at DHT yesterday. What are the chances of 2 community theaters, 2 miles apart, having productions from the same, nostalgic era?!!! Such fun for us ol' futs!

Comment

I haven't seen SHOUT! yet but I have a few friends in it and I hear that it is a wonderful production. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Such fun for us ol' futs!
                Such fun for all of us that love good music!

Let the Sun Shine In...
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHcUxIIm8wY

Comment

Just a side note about youngsters and them seeing "HAIR"...

My god kids (13&16) have a very open healthy relationship with their parents, grandma and me. I've taken them to the movie "Taylor Camp" and they are informed about many aspects of life. So that they can make their own decisions.

All the various topics covered in "HAIR" are great to share, though I understand how some or too young kids just wouldn't be proper to do so.

Comment

From this article in yesterday's Advertiser:

"Three extensions later, Manoa Valley Theatre's "Hair" ends its magical run this weekend. MVT spokeswoman Aubrey Hawk said the musical that centers around "The Age of Aquarius" ranks in the top three in revenue and top five for number of performances (32) for Manoa Valley Theatre, which opened in 1969.
                    "We have had a full house and a standing ovation for every single performance to date,"she said."

Congratulations, KD!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

That is just sooo cool! Don'cha tink?
                      I sure enjoyed the experience!

Comment

Great news! How'reya going to come down from that high, KD?!

Comment

I truly do feel honored to have been a part of this amazing experience. Last night was very emotional - thank goodness I had 6 hours of hula (merrie monarch) to watch on the DVR when I got home or I would have been very depressed!

We have a strike party today and will perform at Manoa Valley Theatre's fundraiser on April 25 and then the Age of Aquarius will draw to a close for me.

Next up is to get back to my roots with rehearsals for the Maori Performing Arts competition at the Polynesian Cultural Center in August and then the Tahiti fete in Hilo in October. There's no rest for the WICKED!

Thank you all for your support!

Comment

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post

I truly do feel honored to have been a part of this amazing experience...

Next up is to get back to my roots with rehearsals for the Maori Performing Arts competition at the Polynesian Cultural Center in August and then the Tahiti fete in Hilo in October. There's no rest for the WICKED!

Thank you all for your support!
                            Okay okay... You better give us plenny time 'kine updates for PCC & Hilo too!

Comment

You better give us plenny time 'kine updates for PCC & Hilo too!
                              Of course!

How'reya going to come down from that high, KD?!
                              I had insomnia last night so I compiled a list of:

My Top 5 Reasons Why Musical Theater Is Better Than Real Life:

5. In real life, no one applauds when you spontaneously break out in song. They will even tell you to "shut up!" Just ask my kids, husband, sisters and neighbors!

4. In real life, you have to dress yourself! In theater, you get a costume designer and dressers that make sure your dress isn't tucked into your panties when you walk out of the restroom! The best part is, when your clothes rip - they sew them for you! I miss my dressers and costumer - I'm useless at dressing myself and when my clothes rip, I have to throw them away and buy new clothes because I can't sew!

3. In real life, there's no spotlight that lets everyone know that you're important or that makes you look GOOD! I want the spotlight on me AT ALL TIMES!

2. In real life, friends and family don't spend their money and time to support you or bring you flowers and leis for doing something that you LOVE doing!

1. In real life, I sometimes have to work with people that are not friends and that would love to see me fail. In musical theater, the cast, crew, director, choreographer, musical director, stage manager and even the audience all want to see you do your best! They all have faith in you and want to see you reach your full potential. Wow! THAT kind of support is AMAZING! With that kind of support - anything is possible!

Last edited by kiwidiva; April 13, 2010, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X