This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Star Bull buys Advertiser

The Bulletin and Advertiser are going to merge soon, which means their websites will merge as well. Since it was the Bulletin that bought the Advertiser, does that mean the new website will have those infernal pop-up ads?

Comment

The Advertiser's website has this up:

On June 6, The Honolulu Advertiser and its Web sites, HonoluluAdvertiser.com, Honolulu Metromix and Hawaii MomsLikeMe, will be opening a new chapter with the sale of the Advertiser to the Honolulu Star-Bulletin's owner. In coming weeks, look for the new newspaper and site that will emerge, the Honolulu Star-Advertiser and staradvertiser.com. Please send your questions to: online@honoluluadvertiser.com
      more information:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/se...advertisersale
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

"In coming weeks, look for the new newspaper and site that will emerge, the Honolulu Star-Advertiser and staradvertiser.com."

Star-Advertiser! Almost sounds Sci-Fi! I LIKE it!
        (Will they keep Prince Valiant?)

K
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Hmmm...When I put the two together in my mind it comes out, "Starvertiser" But if you want something Sci-Fi, how about Adverstar...nah sounds like some kind of nasal spray...

Or they can just go back to the old Sunday Edition title of Star Bulletin & Advertiser. That worked for decades.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

We're pronouncing it Startalizer.
            Burl Burlingame
            "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
            honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              Hmmm...When I put the two together in my mind it comes out, "Starvertiser" But if you want something Sci-Fi, how about Adverstar...nah sounds like some kind of nasal spray...

Or they can just go back to the old Sunday Edition title of Star Bulletin & Advertiser. That worked for decades.
              Of course, the "Star-Bulletin" itself was a merger of the old Honolulu Star and Evening Bulletin newspapers. Locals eventually got used to the idea of the Star-Bulletin, didn't they? They'll adapt to the Star-Advertiser before too long.

As announced, the Advertiser staffers who will be part of the merged newspaper are:

Marsha McFadden, Dan Woods, William Cole, Rob Perez, Derrick DePledge, Dan Nakaso, Mary Vorsino, Michael Tsai, Lee Cataluna, Dave Shapiro, David Butts, Andrew Gomes, Alan Yonan, Sean Hao, Stephen Downes, Vicky Viotti, Curtis Murayama, Steven Tsai, Ann Miller, Matt Schick, Bruce Asato, John Bender, Martha Hernandez, Joe Guinto, Christie Wilson, Elizabeth Kieszkowski, Mike Gordon.
              And those who will not be:

Sandra Oshiro, Leslie Kawamoto, Andy Yamaguchi, Eloise Aguiar, Curtis Lum, Loren Moreno, Gordon Pang, Suzanne Roig, David Waite, Rick Daysog, Jim Dooley, Diana Leone, James Gonser, Stephen Downes, Greg Wiles, Robbie Dingeman, Maureen O’Connell, Paula Rath, Mary Kaye Ritz, Wade Shirkey, Esme Infante Nii, Dave Dondoneau, Kawehi Haug, Diane Seo, Tracy Chan, AC Shilton, Chris Oliver, Bart Asato, Clyde Mizumoto, Stacey Kaneshiro, Stanley Lee, Brandon Masuoka, Dayton Morinaga, Wes Nakama, Kyle Sakamoto, Kalani Takase, Leila Wai, Gregory Yamamoto, David Yamada, Richard Ambo, Deborah Booker, Rebecca Breyer, Norman Shapiro, Andrew Shimabuku, Minette McCabe, Jon Orque, Richard Couch, Scott Morifuji, Christine Strobel, Brian Takemura, Mark Milligan, John Miyakado, Scott Nishi, Derek Kalani.
              Last edited by Frankie's Market; June 3, 2010, 08:52 PM.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                Hmmm...When I put the two together in my mind it comes out, "Starvertiser"
                How about Starinator?

Comment

just call it the way it is...The Honolulu Rag!
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

"Roster of familiar names joining Star-Advertiser"

Link: http://www.hsblinks.com/2gs
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

it is always sad when people lose their jobs for reasons not related to incompetence, so of course well wishes go to those advertiser employees who were not hired by the merged paper.

a bit of good news: a number of the SB layoffs from last year were hired back.
                      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

In case anyone missed them, the last editions of the Honolulu Star-Bulletin and Honolulu Advertiser as they looked like in print on their front pages today.

Posts regarding the new Honolulu Star Advertiser can be found at this link:

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=18436
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                        X