Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dancing With The Stars 2010 Celebrity Line Up Announced!

Default Re: Dancing With The Stars 2010 Celebrity Line Up Announced!

Probably Edyta is hanging up her dancing shoes tospend qt time w/ hubby?
    Irked that the celebs she paired w/ gets booted too quickly? Who Knows...

With the hoopla over KG the show overall has turned into pretty much.....

WHINING n DRAMA WITH THE STARS

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    Hi hear ya, Nords, but I'm wondering if the money and long-term opportunities are better on the reality circuit. Edyta mentioned last week that she's not competing anymore. My guess is that's a grueling, expensive circuit. It's a sport at that level complete with non-stop travel and sports related injuries. I dunno, I hope they don't consider it a "stoop". I don't but I'm just one viewer who thoroughly enjoys the show because I'm a closet dancer!
    I agree that the life is better on the reality circuit, but when they're doing that then they're not competing. And yet until this point they've spent their entire life competing. Does the money and the better quality of life make up for the adrenaline thrill that's gone with the lack of "real" competition? For some that may be an uncomfortable "decision".

At some point the DWTS instructors get forced into a choice-- are they competing to be the world's best dancer, or are they more interested in a better quality of life for themselves and with their families? What are they: the world's best dancer, an entertainer, or a great spouse/parent? Choose one. Maybe two.

I think we see the same pattern in a lot of endeavours-- hypercompetitive world-touring lifestyle in their teens/20s, followed by either being on the top of their game in their 30s or beginning to realize that they've reached their peak.

I think the dancers on the show have matured ("evolved"?) to the point where they don't have to dominate every aspect of their profession, where they feel a bit more comfortable with their accomplishments and their status, and where they can relax to enjoy themselves a little. But they're no longer competitive dancers- they're entertainers dancing with lots of Pro-Grip the tantalizing prospect of a "wardrobe malfunction" at any moment.

Of course if they're a Michael Jordan or a Michael Jackson then they never learn how to turn it off... long after they probably should have. But then they'd never go on DWTS.

It's probably just a personal problem influencing my perspective. Even eight years after retiring, long after the game is over, I find it hard to shut off the competitive urges.
    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

sansei Guest

hi this is sansei and i wont be posting on who i voted for only they are much better than nn of the insider tv show and nn isnt a very kind lady,she once told insider fellow panelist cj unkind word's and that's when samantha harris was on before samantha harris went to entertainment tonight.

i do miss samantha harris on insider tv show and she was good like laura spencer and i do miss samantha harris on dtws she was a good co-host and i dont mind champ brooke burke,she is a good replacement for sam harris of the once insider show and now et.

well thank's for your time

sansei Guest

hi this is sansei and im now viewing dwts and my unfavorite couple the lady dancer is nn from a talk show and she's in the bottom 2 and chad and cheryl are in peril only im hoping that they stay and that nn from a talk show maybe next to be unsafe and out. that would make me

my favorite couple is still safe and im happy=O)

Quote Originally Posted by sansei View Post
    hi this is sansei and i wont be posting on who i voted for only they are much better than nn of the insider tv show and nn isnt a very kind lady,she once told insider fellow panelist cj unkind word's and that's when samantha harris was on before samantha harris went to entertainment tonight.[...]
    hi this is sansei and im now viewing dwts and my unfavorite couple the lady dancer is nn from a talk show and she's in the bottom 2 [...]
    Hmmm...I'm aware of only one NN on DWTS and she's the host of a reality show called "Clean House" on the Style Network. She also appears on The Insider. She's a comedienne. Might you have mistaken her off-beat humor for "unkind word's"? And, she wasn't in the bottom two. Pamela Anderson and Kate Gosselin were.

Sansei - I think that perhaps you take this show too seriously. It's meant for entertainment. It's about dancing and taking non-dancers and teaching them how to dance. Neicy Nash is a commediene - she is paid to be funny and is not an unkind person - in fact, she has been sticking up for the worst dancer on the show, Kate Gosselin. Kate did get booted off the show tonite - but it was because she couldn't dance. You are unfairly accusing another of the contestants of being unkind - if you watched tonites show, you would have noticed that no one went over to say goodbye to Kate - maybe that should tell you something about her. I think it's very sad that it ended that way but maybe there was a reason for it?
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    Sydney J. Harris

FINALLY... DWTS can get down to sum serious competition....

Team Kate Fans were outwitted w/ die hard DWTS viewers hate to say was getting sick of her being surviving ea week.

Was obvious that KG had no rhythm but did manage to actually dance somehow on the first show & sort of last weeks show.... But other than that her movement on the dance floor was painful.

- The Paparazzi Number was KG's worst moment but nicely re-interpeted by Jimmy Fallon.

- And thanks Kate for warping Simple MInds "Don't Forget About Me" from Breakfast Club

- Another Turn off DWTS was getting tired of was her cry baby antics

- Constantly Questioning Poor Tony (btw that man is need of A Vacation) of dance moves/routines he was trying to teach that lazy azz KG.

- KG's very poor personality, dont be fooled by the smiles cause I see right thru it. Each time she got her scores from the judges she ALWAYS gave that evil eye look and does not take any constructive criticism. Non-Verbal Cues says A LOT!

At least Cloris Leachman a previous season celeb contestant who was NOT a great dancer either had a far superior personality.

I loved Nicole's comment after her dance...
    "This show is kicking my okole like nothing I've ever done before."! Still a local girl at heart! I was waiting for Bruno or Len to ask what okole meant but neither did!

i caught that too! i really like her & she is so good but it just doesn't seem quite fair to the others that she is competing - it's really no contest!
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    Sydney J. Harris

I was waiting for Bruno or Len to ask what okole meant but neither did!
    I have a feeling that they know the word for okole in different languages.
    Hey now.

I loved Nicole's comment after her dance...
    "This show is kicking my okole like nothing I've ever done before."! Still a local girl at heart! I was waiting for Bruno or Len to ask what okole meant but neither did!
    Carrie explained it to them during the commercial...
    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

sansei Guest

hi,im now viewing my favorite dwts and i see my favorite couple did well and i see other's not doing well and my hope is my favorite couple win's,it'll make me

this show im beginning to like more and more.

hmmm..................

Sansei - is there some reason you can't share with us who your favorite dancers are? Most of the rest of us have said who we like.

I think Nicole & Derek are going to win but I would rather see Evan & Anna.as the winners.
    Sydney J. Harris

Is Erin Andrews channeling Jenny McCarthy with some of her on-air antics.

sansei Guest

hi this is sansei and i just learned from reading when you put in google nicole s and derek hough won on dwts and it's true,that's who i voted for many time's and they are victorious.

im happy for nicole and d hough and since nicole s is from here originally,she make's me =O)

well, thank you for spoiling the finale for me. Now I guess I'll just go watch NCIS.
    Sydney J. Harris

nicole s is from here originally,she make's me =O)
    Oh Yeah!

Oh Well. I only watched the last 2 days anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hi this is sansei and i just learned from reading when you put in google nicole s and derek hough won on dwts and it's true,that's who i voted for many time's and they are victorious.

im happy for nicole and d hough and since nicole s is from here originally,she make's me =O)

Sansei...Why in the heck did you post this 15 minutes BEFORE the results show started to air in Hawaii? Shame on you.

Sansei, this problem has come up before by other people, and it's very upsetting to those who want to watch a show and see results for themselves. That's why there's a Spoiler function here in Hawaii Threads. Open a reply to this message, and type something in. Now, above the reply box do you see the little red circle with a red diagonal line through it? Highlight the text you want to hide, then click on that red circle. Just that easy.
    Here's what it'll look like when you post it:

This is a test. This is only a test.

There. See how easy it is?
    Now if someone wants to see it they can click on the "Show Spoiler" button, and those who don't want to see it can look later.

You're welcome.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    Oh Yeah!
    What about this guy who spoiled it with a premature celebration?

sansei Guest

hi this is sansei and imoht,i didnt mean any harm,only i thought if anyone may have watched it and may have wanted to know who won,i thought to post it only i didnt realize everyone was watching,my humblest apologies to everyone.

Sansei - the problem was your posting came BEFORE the program started. I had been very careful to NOT look at anything that might have told me the winner ahead of time - and then you made your posting. It totally took away all the excitement out of watching the program for me.

Maybe it would be better if you just didn't post any updates to programs until youre sure everyone here in Hawaii has watched already? which would mean after the program is over, not before it starts!
    Sydney J. Harris

Quote Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post
    Sansei - the problem was your posting came BEFORE the program started. I had been very careful to NOT look at anything that might have told me the winner ahead of time - and then you made your posting. It totally took away all the excitement out of watching the program for me.

Maybe it would be better if you just didn't post any updates to programs until youre sure everyone here in Hawaii has watched already? which would mean after the program is over, not before it starts!
    I'm with you. I was this way about "Celebrity Apprentice" on Sunday. BTW,
    I'm glad Bret won!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12