Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dancing With The Stars 2010 Celebrity Line Up Announced!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dancing With The Stars 2010 Celebrity Line Up Announced!

well, we all know how you feel about Cheryl but I do have to say that Ochocinco was pretty good. and Nicole was great - she got part of my votes tonite. Also voted for Ochocinco.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I had to dvr the show and am now about 2/3 of the way thru it. Ochocinco was really good. Haven't seen Nicole yet. Poor Buzz but, at 80, who can fault him?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
        Pam's hot garbage, but Ashley, Cheryl, and Nicole...I'm speechless.
        Pam couldn't even bother to comb her hair! what a lack of respect both for herself and for the show.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          I had to dvr the show and am now about 2/3 of the way thru it. Ochocinco was really good. Haven't seen Nicole yet. Poor Buzz but, at 80, who can fault him?!!!
          I'm sayin' tho...dude is 80 and can move better than some younger contestants previously on the show. Master P, anyone?

And the sky's the limit for the other contestants--but Buzz got footprints on the moon.
          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Is Kate Gosselin still on the show similiar to why Sanjaya was kept on AI by voters?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
              Is Kate Gosselin still on the show similiar to why Sanjaya was kept on AI by voters?
              As I understand it, Jon and Kate Plus Eight had a very loyal following. Now Kate has a very loyal following. Apparently they have followed her to DWTS!

Comment

As I understand it, Jon and Kate Plus Eight had a very loyal following. Now Kate has a very loyal following. Apparently they have followed her to DWTS!
                And her 8 kids needs to stop voting.
                Yes Team Kate hate to say has a clueless fan base out there thats keepin her ALIVE. They are raving how shes a great MOM, getting herself out there, providing income for the kids, yiddi yiddi yadda......

The fan base must be BLIND not to acknoweldge that she has a HORRID personality of talking down to anyone she encounters like her partner Tony?
                Remember when he walked out the door? He should have kept walkin!
                As for the dancin however last mondays show she did move vs. the previous week which was PAINFUL to watch....
                I would be suprised if she moved MORE but her movements are robotlike. I am not Fred Astaire but I would make an effort to shake somethin.
                Her constant crying and oh woe me and the paparazzi is draining the life out of me is getting TIRING after seeing her drama 3 weeks in a row...........wah! This is REALITY and SUCK IT UP!

Tony nails it ea week when she constantly shuts down and puposely fails in learning the dancing moves. But then again, ABC could be toying w/ the votes and pimpin her for ratings for the show. Who knows, KG makes me think of previous season contestant Tom Delay.
                Last edited by DannyWilliams; April 15, 2010, 04:47 AM.

Comment

It's all about ratings, DW. I doubt anyone other than Tony gives a rip how Kate dances as long as they can track that she's helping the ratings. Unfortunately, I think she is! I'm wondering if Tony's reaction (walking out) to Kate's behavior might've been a wake-up call for Kate, even if just a little bit.

Comment

I'm wondering if Tony's reaction (walking out) to Kate's behavior might've been a wake-up call for Kate, even if just a little bit.
                    I'm wondering if the dance instructor's pay/bonus structure depends on the amount of drama/publicity/ratings they create for the show. Kate's tantrums are meaningless if nobody reacts to them... sorta equivalent to "it takes two to tango".

If it was all about the dancing, and only about the dancing, then they'd still be competing only on the professional circuit and would never have stooped to TV's mass publicity.
                    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
                      I'm wondering if the dance instructor's pay/bonus structure depends on the amount of drama/publicity/ratings they create for the show. Kate's tantrums are meaningless if nobody reacts to them... sorta equivalent to "it takes two to tango".
                      Dunno about the pay or a bonus but I'd guess they're prompted to create drama for ratings as part of their "performance".
                      If it was all about the dancing, and only about the dancing, then they'd still be competing only on the professional circuit and would never have stooped to TV's mass publicity.
                      Hi hear ya, Nords, but I'm wondering if the money and long-term opportunities are better on the reality circuit. Edyta mentioned last week that she's not competing anymore. My guess is that's a grueling, expensive circuit. It's a sport at that level complete with non-stop travel and sports related injuries. I dunno, I hope they don't consider it a "stoop". I don't but I'm just one viewer who thoroughly enjoys the show because I'm a closet dancer!

Comment

Probably Edyta is hanging up her dancing shoes tospend qt time w/ hubby?
                        Irked that the celebs she paired w/ gets booted too quickly? Who Knows...

With the hoopla over KG the show overall has turned into pretty much.....

WHINING n DRAMA WITH THE STARS

Comment

Hi hear ya, Nords, but I'm wondering if the money and long-term opportunities are better on the reality circuit. Edyta mentioned last week that she's not competing anymore. My guess is that's a grueling, expensive circuit. It's a sport at that level complete with non-stop travel and sports related injuries. I dunno, I hope they don't consider it a "stoop". I don't but I'm just one viewer who thoroughly enjoys the show because I'm a closet dancer!
                          I agree that the life is better on the reality circuit, but when they're doing that then they're not competing. And yet until this point they've spent their entire life competing. Does the money and the better quality of life make up for the adrenaline thrill that's gone with the lack of "real" competition? For some that may be an uncomfortable "decision".

At some point the DWTS instructors get forced into a choice-- are they competing to be the world's best dancer, or are they more interested in a better quality of life for themselves and with their families? What are they: the world's best dancer, an entertainer, or a great spouse/parent? Choose one. Maybe two.

I think we see the same pattern in a lot of endeavours-- hypercompetitive world-touring lifestyle in their teens/20s, followed by either being on the top of their game in their 30s or beginning to realize that they've reached their peak.

I think the dancers on the show have matured ("evolved"?) to the point where they don't have to dominate every aspect of their profession, where they feel a bit more comfortable with their accomplishments and their status, and where they can relax to enjoy themselves a little. But they're no longer competitive dancers- they're entertainers dancing with lots of Pro-Grip the tantalizing prospect of a "wardrobe malfunction" at any moment.

Of course if they're a Michael Jordan or a Michael Jackson then they never learn how to turn it off... long after they probably should have. But then they'd never go on DWTS.

It's probably just a personal problem influencing my perspective. Even eight years after retiring, long after the game is over, I find it hard to shut off the competitive urges.
                          Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                          Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                          We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                          Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

hi this is sansei and i wont be posting on who i voted for only they are much better than nn of the insider tv show and nn isnt a very kind lady,she once told insider fellow panelist cj unkind word's and that's when samantha harris was on before samantha harris went to entertainment tonight.

i do miss samantha harris on insider tv show and she was good like laura spencer and i do miss samantha harris on dtws she was a good co-host and i dont mind champ brooke burke,she is a good replacement for sam harris of the once insider show and now et.

well thank's for your time

Comment

hi this is sansei and im now viewing dwts and my unfavorite couple the lady dancer is nn from a talk show and she's in the bottom 2 and chad and cheryl are in peril only im hoping that they stay and that nn from a talk show maybe next to be unsafe and out. that would make me

my favorite couple is still safe and im happy=O)

well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                                hi this is sansei and i wont be posting on who i voted for only they are much better than nn of the insider tv show and nn isnt a very kind lady,she once told insider fellow panelist cj unkind word's and that's when samantha harris was on before samantha harris went to entertainment tonight.[...]
                                Originally posted by sansei View Post
                                hi this is sansei and im now viewing dwts and my unfavorite couple the lady dancer is nn from a talk show and she's in the bottom 2 [...]
                                Hmmm...I'm aware of only one NN on DWTS and she's the host of a reality show called "Clean House" on the Style Network. She also appears on The Insider. She's a comedienne. Might you have mistaken her off-beat humor for "unkind word's"? And, she wasn't in the bottom two. Pamela Anderson and Kate Gosselin were.

Comment

Working...
                                X