What's That Place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's That Place?

Sorry, I thought there was a thread for trying to identify various places around the islands but I couldn't find it. But I was wondering, if anyone knows, what is/was that place that's across what used to be the CompUSA site downtown? It looks like an old fashioned, abandoned stone building/house with a chimney and two smaller structures behind it. I think it has been unused for a long time.

Re: What's That Place?

it's an old Board of Water Supply pumping station. It's on the list of Historic Places.

http://archives.starbulletin.com/200...l/special.html
    Last edited by anapuni808; March 2, 2010, 08:28 PM.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I think you're talking about the old Kakaako Pumping Station. There was an HT thread about that.

Comment

Thank you so much! Out of all the things I have heard suggested (someone even thought it was a crematorium because of the chimney), no one suggested pump station. It is a pity that it is unused, though. It could be a really cool restaurant or museum or even office.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
          Sorry, I thought there was a thread for trying to identify various places around the islands but I couldn't find it.
          Once upon a time on HT there was this really fun photo hunting game Pzarquon lead called Honolulu Zoom.

Still awaiting part II!
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
          X