No announcement yet.

Rod Tam, another crooked politician.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rod Tam, another crooked politician.

Originally posted by sansei View Post
    hi,i just read somewhere that cdjou had many time's try to censure rod tam and he imoho is unethical and he cdjou would love to have rod t in the poke,aka jail,that's not right is charles djou isnt an upstanding person since he tried many time's to have rod tam outsted from the city council,may this mean charles djou be a way better man than rod tam?

if anyone may wish on hawaii reporter,you'd put in charles djou or rod tam and you'd find what im sharing and you'd put the name's in google and you'd find the article in hawaii reporter.

well thank's for your time

No, thank you for YOUR time

Comment

I'm not a Rod Tam supporter. I've got another angle on this whole incident.

I see him all the time at Zippy's Vineyard. Seems like a normal customer minding his own business.

1. Rod's got his own money. He supposedly owns a lot of land in the area and is financially independent. To him $8000 is peanuts. He could care less about $8000.

2. To put it in perspective, $8000 for food isn't a whole lot of money for a year. I used to have to do expense reports similar to his on a smaller scale and most of the time, I'd just guess when I'm trying to recreate stuff that happened a month back. I didn't have the time nor the inclination to mess with receipts for $10-15 dollars. My expenses were more than $8000 per year but I didn't do hundreds of $10-15 dollar meals either.

3. His lame excuse of poor accounting is probably true. It's just that his rationale and real excuse sounds arrogant and out of touch. "These little Zippys meals aren't a lot of money anyway. What is $8000 to the city? It's not worth my time to figure all of this stuff out."

Not defending him, just giving critics another way to look at the situation. When you are trying to recreate what happened, don't look through your own eyes and values. It's a waste of time because most of the time, folks don't think like you would.

Comment

You're probably right, however to a lot of us $8000 is a lot so it's natural that most of us get a bit upset when he brushes it off the way he did. That's the kind of attitude we don't want in our legislators that stick their hands in our taxpayers pockets for personal use when we can't.

He's a public servant...not a public leader.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

At least he didn't use his funds at a S&M sex club.

Comment

Although neither represent my district, both Djou and Tam are, in their own ways, TOOLS. On balance, Tam is worse.

Comment

hi,i just heard that rod tam who's running for mayor,i heard he has a bit of problem's and even d delacruz said that the local authoritie's were called and i still hope rod tam wont be in sent to jail is he'd make a good mayor,he believe's in tradition like k caldwell.

well thank's for your time also for the mayor's race,im still voting for k caldwell is he'd make the best mayor. even former prosocuter p carlisle wouldnt be a good mayor and not someone who wishes to get rid of the former mayor's project.

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
                I'm not a Rod Tam supporter ... Not defending him, just giving critics another way to look at the situation. When you are trying to recreate what happened, don't look through your own eyes and values. It's a waste of time because most of the time, folks don't think like you would.
                Most folks don’t think PERIOD. We live in a nation of sheep and whiners, either too eager to accept what we are told by elected officials and authority figures; or too lazy to do anything about it. So much for evolution of the species.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                X