X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fess Parker - R.I.P.

Fess Parker has passed at the age of 85

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/163...18/index.jhtml

Parker launched "Davy Crockett" in December 1954, quickly inspiring an American fad for the coonskin cap his character wore in the show. The three episodes were repurposed the following year as a feature film called "Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier." He followed up that success with a string of Disney films like "Old Yeller" and "Westward Ho the Wagons!"

Re: Fess Parker - R.I.P.

I met Fess Parker about 20 years ago. He was hawking his wine at a local Long's drugstore. I purchased several bottles and he signed the labels for me. He lived on his ranch north of Santa Barbara, not too far from Michael Jackson's Neverland. Very nice man. I can still sing the Ballad.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Daveeeeey, Davey Crockett...
      King of the wild frontier.

He was my first crush. Fifth grade!

RIP, indeed.

Comment

Loved he and Buddy Ebsen in the Davey Crockett films, both lived a long life.

Also liked him in Daniel Boone with Ed Ames, Rosey Grier, Jimmy Dean and others.

Aj

Comment

Oh, yes - RIP Fess thanks for the great TV memories. I too enjoyed his wine
          he did a great job! Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X