Census 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Census 2010

Are they still sending out the long form of the Census this time? Some people are not happy to even write their name and ethnicity on the short form.

Re: Census 2010

Well it came and it seems long. Why they had to WASTE MONEY telling us it was coming is absurd, got that letter last week and the census form this week
    glad to know our govt. is still stupid & wasteful - "Change" what "Change"

Comment

The form is one (one-sided) page for person #1, half a page each for persons 2 thru 6 and 1/6 of a page for persons 7 thru 12.

Comment

I don't know if i'll even get a form - i share the mailbox with my landlords so i don't really have my own address.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
          Well it came and it seems long. Why they had to WASTE MONEY telling us it was coming is absurd, got that letter last week and the census form this week
          glad to know our govt. is still stupid & wasteful - "Change" what "Change"
          Capitalism to Communism. Free enterprise to government control.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
            Capitalism to Communism. Free enterprise to government control.
            Vote Democratic get higher taxes and more restrictions.
            Vote Republican, get support for big business, and a few wars on the side, but lower taxes. (Go figger!)
            Vote Libertarian, and become free.
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
              I don't know if i'll even get a form - i share the mailbox with my landlords so i don't really have my own address.

I'm wondering the same thing as I live in a dormitory. Although if they don't find a way to get census forms to dorm students they're missing out a big slice of the population.

Their website has some answers. There's a number you can call if you didn't get a form, or you can visit "various community locations" to pick one up, although it doesn't specify what locations.

Here's the Honolulu Census website but even it doesn't give information on picking up a form.
              Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
              Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Thanks for the info!
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Don't worry. Xenophobic locals will avoid the census, leading to massive undercounting, just like last time, resulting in billions of federal dollars going anywhere besides Hawaii over the next 10 years.

And that's the good news.
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com
                  Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                    Don't worry. Xenophobic locals will avoid the census, leading to massive undercounting, just like last time, resulting in billions of federal dollars going anywhere besides Hawaii over the next 10 years.
                    The census also has the challenge of people who don't want to be "found" (such as those who feel the need to "hide" from the cops/exspouse/debts/etc). And, many of the homes that have ohana units or rent out rooms do not want the tenants listed as household members. And landlords that do not pay excise or other taxes on ohana or room rental income do not want tenants listed. All those numbers add up to under representation.
                    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

I was on an important phone call when the Census gal came knocking on my door. I told her I needed to complete this call and to come back later. It's been a couple of weeks and I haven't heard from the Census yet!
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                        I was on an important phone call when the Census gal came knocking on my door. I told her I needed to complete this call and to come back later. It's been a couple of weeks and I haven't heard from the Census yet!
                        Maybe they'll send a hot guy over so you WILL have to drop anything you're doing.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                          Maybe they'll send a hot guy over so you WILL have to drop anything you're doing.
                          Not a chance. I'm a happily married hetro-sexual.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                            Not a chance. I'm a happily married hetro-sexual.
                            Ah.

You know, it would be funny if that Census gal happens to be your wife and you snubbed her.
                            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                              Ah.

You know, it would be funny if that Census gal happens to be your wife and you snubbed her.
                              Well if I couldn't recognize my wife standing in front of me at the door and I snubbed her, the question of my family size would be the least of my worries.

Comment

Working...
                              X