Census 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Census 2010

I received my second Census form today after I mailed a filled one a couple of weeks ago. Then, there was a report on the KGMB news of people having the same thing happened to them. There was mentioned about writing your Social Security number. But, I don't see that on the second form.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      I received my second Census form today after I mailed a filled one a couple of weeks ago. Then, there was a report on the KGMB news of people having the same thing happened to them. There was mentioned about writing your Social Security number. But, I don't see that on the second form.
      Ditto for me. Kinda freaked me out. Apparently, there was a fake form that went out a month or so ago. That's the one that contained the request for one's SS#. I filled that one out immediately and sent it in. I have no memory of whether or not it asked for my SS#. The one I received yesterday did not ask for the SS#. Evidentally there are a few areas on Oahu that did, in fact, receive a 2nd, legitimate census form yesterday. One area is Waikiki...which is my area. I have a security watch on my credit report complete with fraud alerts which should stop companies from lending, issuing credit cards, etc. I've had that since I had a box of blank checks stolen a few years ago. Still, this census thingie is a real concern for me.

Comment

Ditto for me!
        Filled out, mailed in form.
        Last night we retrieved another form out of our mailbox.
        I immediately tore the envelope up and threw it away.

Was the original one a fake? And some shadow entity has our info now? *%@#!
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
          Ditto for me!
          Filled out, mailed in form.
          Last night we retrieved another form out of our mailbox.
          I immediately tore the envelope up and threw it away.

Was the original one a fake? And some shadow entity has our info now? *%@#!
          Check the news station web sites for their reports. Several areas did receive a 2nd, legitimate census form intentionally. The one I received yesterday was legit according to the reports. I'm worried about the one I sent back a month ago. Can't recall if it required my SS# and a stamp.

Comment

" WASHINGTON (AP) — Congress has banned misleading mailings that appear to be from the Census Bureau.

Republican groups recently sent out fund-raising letters that appeared to be Census forms.

The Senate approved by unanimous consent a bill that requires mailings marked "census" to state the name and address of the sender and to contain an unambiguous disclaimer that the survey is not affiliated with the federal government. Earlier this month, the House passed the same bill 416-0.

The Census Bureau has said it was concerned that misleading mailings would undermine response rates for the official census forms. "

Stinkin' lyin' sneaky Republican groups! I just can't stand them anymore...
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

No wonder there are paranoid people who don't want to send in their Census form. Can't they wait before mailing out the form a second time? As waste money that.

Comment

Working...
              X