Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Census 2010

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
    lol - was referring to skin color, but yeah medium pretty much describes me all around (except for the store bought blonde of course )
    Meh. I see many tanned caucasians that would look "medium" or brown in everyone's eyes.

I've also seen many blue-eyed blondes that are actually latinos/latinas, as well as pacific islanders.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
      Meh. I see many tanned caucasians that would look "medium" or brown in everyone's eyes.

I've also seen many blue-eyed blondes that are actually latinos/latinas, as well as pacific islanders.
      I saw a kid at KSBE that looked as Swedish as one gets! Somewhere in all that whiteness and blue eyes was a hint of Hawaiian.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiguy View Post
        Is it just me...or am I reading it wrong????

the notice that came with the form says to " please complete and mail back the enclosed census form TODAY"

But how can you do that IF the census is asking and counting people living on the date of 'April 1, 2010'?

I find this not clear...because heaven forbid, but someone CAN pass on or leave the United States within the few days until April 1st, right?

I am holding back sending it out until April 2nd...as for my brother, he already mailed it out...
        I already mailed mine, too. But you bring up a good point and it causes me to reflect on the sad, recent passings of Aunty Dotty Thompson and Uncle Rae Fonseca. I mailed my form prior to both of their passings. Might they have already mailed theirs, too?

Comment

If you don't fill out your Census form, they will find you and tickle you.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
            Promise????
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
              This discussion went on for some time - but the bottom-line conclusion was: "It's up to you how you want to respond.
              Also confounding (if this year uses the same process as the previous census) is if a resident is visited by a census worker and refuses to fill in the ethnicity, the worker makes a "best guess". I'd not want the ethnicity of my ohana "guessed" about by a census worker, so I'll answer that question!
              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Since there are a couple tribal entities under mine everyone enrolled in the
                WI branch got a postcard stating to specify "of WI."

Comment

Couple of questions concerning ethnicity.
                  How does having various ethnic groups (or lack of) affect Federal funds for that district?

What does it matter anyway? Human Being - American - Planet Earth...
                  would be my designation if could.
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    I already mailed mine, too. But you bring up a good point and it causes me to reflect on the sad, recent passings of Aunty Dotty Thompson and Uncle Rae Fonseca. I mailed my form prior to both of their passings. Might they have already mailed theirs, too?
                    Hmm. Do you still count if you already mailed your filled Census in but you mahkeh days before April 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                      One can only hope the tickler would be one hot wahine.

But I will barricade if I see one tita looking like one Frank DeLima.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                        How does having various ethnic groups (or lack of) affect Federal funds for that district?

Oh, I don't know about you but I'm hoping the government would put Filipino Fiesta on Public TV.

...And maybe eliminate that Jen & Friends program.

Comment

Hmm. Do you still count if you already mailed your filled Census in but you mahkeh days before April 1?
                          I was wondering that same thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post

I think it's more for statistical purposes. At least, that's what the census guy that came out to talk to my 3rd grade class in 1990 told us!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

It's balanced out by the babies born between when you sent it in and April 1.

Comment

The whole issue of race and ethnicity is a dying subject. 3-4 more generations is all it will take to disappear completely.

PS - Your sister is hot.
                                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                                X