wireless router recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wireless router recommendation?

i think my linksys router is going buggy; am not very satisfied with their interface; even their manual clearly suggests that the author isn't a native speaker of english!

anyway, i'm interested in hearing any suggestions for a good, solid wireless router. nothing special; just home use and desktops/laptops are easily within 25/30 feet.

tp-link? netgear? d-link? belkin? other?

thanks ;-)
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: wireless router recommendation?

I'm using a Netgear wireless router, the RangeMax NEXT Wireless-N model WNR834Bv2, for over a year now, and it hasn't broken down on me.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Yeah, we were steered to buying a Linksys as well. There be geists in that little box. Even our hardwired puter goes buggie through this thing. Maybe shoulda' gone cheap. Sometimes more expensive doesn't mean better.

Comment

Linksys has removable antennas which allows users to use high-gain or even remote antennas for better transmission.

I've owned several Netgears and all have failed. I've owned Belkin and had one failure so far. I still use Belkin.

Why Belkin? Because you can buy them at Home Depot and they have a really good return policy. Plus you know Home Depot will be around unlike CompUSA or Circuit City. With several Home Depots on Oahu open from 6am to Midnight you have more time in a day to go there to buy or return one. AND there are thousands of Home Depots around the world INCLUDING two in China to facilitate the return or exchange.

We all talk about service after the sale. Having a merchant take a product back with little hassle, better store hours and more locations wins big in my book.

Plus you can use your Home Depot gift card you got at Christmas to buy it!
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

hmmm. interesting idea; never thought of that ;-> will swing by this evening to see what they have; thanks for the suggestion craig
          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I use a Belkin Wireless G - good up to 50 feet through wood walls, not concrete. It has been trouble free: dependable, fast and clear.

K
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              Linksys has removable antennas which allows users to use high-gain or even remote antennas for better transmission.

I've owned several Netgears and all have failed. I've owned Belkin and had one failure so far. I still use Belkin.

Why Belkin? Because you can buy them at Home Depot and they have a really good return policy. Plus you know Home Depot will be around unlike CompUSA or Circuit City. With several Home Depots on Oahu open from 6am to Midnight you have more time in a day to go there to buy or return one. AND there are thousands of Home Depots around the world INCLUDING two in China to facilitate the return or exchange.

We all talk about service after the sale. Having a merchant take a product back with little hassle, better store hours and more locations wins big in my book.

Plus you can use your Home Depot gift card you got at Christmas to buy it!
              Craig - do you still work for Home Depot? I hope you're getting something for these HD promos!
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                Craig - do you still work for Home Depot? I hope you're getting something for these HD promos!
                No I do not work for them anymore. I do believe they are a good store though so I still solicit them. Many of my friends here in Hilo are those who still work for Home Depot and this store provides for their well-being with wages and health benefits.

I try to solicit all stores as they all employ locally.

I only recommend Home Depot in this case simply because they are a major store with great hours and return policies. Try that with a small locally owned company who can't take too many hits on returned items. You can also try Walmart but I hesitate about recommending them because of the rift Walmart has with many people, some right here on this forum.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                X