Bush wipes his hand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush wipes his hand?

There has been a minor controversy in the last few days with regards to Bush and Clinton's visit to Haiti. In a video circulated on the Internet, it appears that Bush wipes his hand on Clinton's shirt after shaking hands with a number of Haitians.

Matapule is giving this the TM Award (tu'u mama'o) sort of like the Tongan version of BS. I have watched the video a couple of times and I can see nothing that would make me jump to this conclusion. Matapule calls them the way he sees them. I have plenty of criticisms of W, but this one is just a manufactured controversy. TM!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Re: Bush wipes his hand?

It wasn't excessive but it was enuf to look fo'real to me, especially when you consider who's doing it. Had Clinton done the same exact motion to Bush I'd say probably not, but it too easily fits an often truthful perception to ignore. If nothing else, Bush should have been on mental alert to not do anything like that, but that may be expecting too much from him.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I viewed it 7 times and it sure looks like a hand wipe to me; rather than, say, a "good job" pat or a "caution" touch that Clinton was getting too close to something. Woulda been less obvious had W unobtrusively wiped his hand on his pant leg as if to scratch his leg. The article mentions Bush's compulsive need for hand sanitizer...the key word, for me, being compulsive. Possibly he wasn't even aware that he did it. And now he can never forget!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        The article mentions Bush's compulsive need for hand sanitizer...the key word, for me, being compulsive. Possibly he wasn't even aware that he did it. And now he can never forget!
        Humm .... he will just need to do a TV program about it, like Howie Mandell, so it is not talked about like it is shameful. OCDs are really common. Many of us have something we are a bit compulsive about. If it does not interfere with your day-to-day life, then it is not a big deal.
        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
          Humm .... he will just need to do a TV program about it, like Howie Mandell, so it is not talked about like it is shameful. OCDs are really common. Many of us have something we are a bit compulsive about. If it does not interfere with your day-to-day life, then it is not a big deal.
          Did Howie do a tv program about his OCD? I know he talks about it a lot, usually on talk shows. He even calls himself a germaphobe! With humor, of course! I think I remember him saying that it does interfere with his life depending on the situation.

Comment

On his Deal or No Deal show he "fist bumps" rather than shake hands, maybe that's what she is referring to.

Comment

Another stain on Clinton?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                Did Howie do a tv program about his OCD? I know he talks about it a lot, usually on talk shows. He even calls himself a germaphobe! With humor, of course! I think I remember him saying that it does interfere with his life depending on the situation.
                He did a 20/20 spot in Nov. 2009, that's what I meant by program. There is a download on the internet, but I cannot make the link work for me, so I won't post it here. But, there is a different short interview that he did to promote his new book, and talks a bit about his OCD. http://http://abcnews.go.com/2020/ho...ory?id=9153966 . In the 20/20 interview, I remember him saying something like he was not paid to do concerts, he was paid to have to stay in the [germy] hotel room. Anyway, the 20/20 spot was nicely put together, and probably helped many people who are dealing with different OCDs on their own (because they might not have known to seek medical help).
                Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

obama detailed in one of his books that when he met 43, 43 busted out hand santizer post-handshake. i think that's understandable.

wiping one's hand on someone else's shirt after pressing palms with those of a lower socio-economic class, as 43 did in haiti, is a bit of a faux pas for a politician doing charity work. and yes, i saw the video.
                  superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I think George W wiped his glasses on a stagehand's shirt during a commercial break on Letterman.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                      I think George W wiped his glasses on a stagehand's shirt during a commercial break on Letterman.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUVYcWxvqaM

This is what talkin' about.

Comment

Working...
                      X