X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dispute with Bankoh

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    [...]
    I was so furious at BoH for not doing as instructed what they were supposed to do and instead did what the bank teller thought was in my Mom's best interest. The teller basically screwed up my Mom's long term health care and now she has to wait another five years to be eligible again for Medicaid...another five years she may not have left in her life.[...]
    OMG. I hope you raised holy hell with the president of BoH. The teller's action is inexcusable.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      OMG. I hope you raised holy hell with the president of BoH. The teller's action is inexcusable.
      And what get her fired? That would make two miserable people in this recession.

In a way it was a godsend as I can care for my mother. She's been wanting to go into a nursing home for a few years already, now she's residing herself to stay with us.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

And what get her fired? That would make two miserable people in this recession.

In a way it was a godsend as I can care for my mother. She's been wanting to go into a nursing home for a few years already, now she's residing herself to stay with us.
        It's great that you're able to find a silver-lining to all this.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

And what get her fired? That would make two miserable people in this recession.[...]
          What would happen if she did it again...to someone who doesn't have a back-up plan like your mom? Sorry, the teller made a grave error. It is not a teller's job to offer critical financial advise to a customer. She should be reprimanded for it so that it doesn't happen again, whether it's a stern warning, docked pay or being fired. I feel terribly sorry for the people who are laid off in this recession. I wish I could say I feel sorry for those who make grave errors on the job and lose their jobs because of it...but I can't.
          Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
          It's great that you're able to find a silver-lining to all this.
          I agree. Your mom is so lucky to have a family back-up plan in place. Not everyone has that.

Comment

What would happen if she did it again...to someone who doesn't have a back-up plan like your mom? Sorry, the teller made a grave error. It is not a teller's job to offer critical financial advise to a customer. She should be reprimanded for it so that it doesn't happen again, whether it's a stern warning, docked pay or being fired. I feel terribly sorry for the people who are laid off in this recession. I wish I could say I feel sorry for those who make grave errors on the job and lose their jobs because of it...but I can't.

I agree. Your mom is so lucky to have a family back-up plan in place. Not everyone has that.
            Oh I did point out exactly what she did to herself. I did mention why things were done a certain way. She was apologetic and we forgave her for that. I figured why make two people miserable especially if there wasn't any intent. The main thing was that she understood the ramifications of her actions. She did.

Comment

[...]The main thing was that she understood the ramifications of her actions. She did.
              Good. You handled it much more tactfully than I would have!

Comment

Good. You handled it much more tactfully than I would have!
                Yeah, I might have been so angry I would have threatened to have her fired or something. Very forgiving of you, Craig.
                "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                "
                Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Hi folks: Since I am in Arizona, it is very difficult to deal with any issue that is out-of-state. (I still do a lot of interaction with Hawaii businesses) In general, I think BOH is OK and I am generally satified with them. But the issue is dealing with "people (humans)". It is not like the "old days" when people took pride in their work and their reputations. In the old days, it was "make ass" to make mistakes, and for others to think of you poorly. Supervisors got on your case if you screwed-up, but today, "it's no big deal". Today, people don't give a damn and that is why customer service is very, very shoddy these days. I still deal with BOH and with multiple contacts. Most of them are very good and dedicated and reliable customer service people, but there are a few that I could name by name that are the pits. But this is true with a lot of businesses. I have had trouble with some Hawaiian Telephone people who keep billing my MIL even though she has no phone service for years and years due to having ALZ, and with Queen's Medical Center (I have complained about this in this forum before) who misbill my MIL's estate and don't have the courtesy to refund the errors, even though I have written replies from their billing department head acknowledging their error. So the problem is "people" who just don't give a damn these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Expat Kamaaina View Post
                    [...]Most of them are very good and dedicated and reliable customer service people, but there are a few that I could name by name that are the pits. [...]
                    When I moved 3 years ago and was disconnecting and reconnecting phone service with Hawaiian Telcom, I learned that their customer service phone reps use pseudonyms! One of the reps I dealt with had a great voice and I asked if he'd ever done voice over work. He hadn't but was interested. During the ensuing conversation he gave me his real name! I wonder if other large businesses, such as BoH, employ the same practice.

Comment

When I moved 3 years ago and was disconnecting and reconnecting phone service with Hawaiian Telcom, I learned that their customer service phone reps use pseudonyms! One of the reps I dealt with had a great voice and I asked if he'd ever done voice over work. He hadn't but was interested. During the ensuing conversation he gave me his real name! I wonder if other large businesses, such as BoH, employ the same practice.
                      I'm sure other large businesses do that like Citibank's phone centers in India where the operator's name is Bob or Sue with a distinct accent.

Comment

I'm sure other large businesses do that like Citibank's phone centers in India where the operator's name is Bob or Sue with a distinct accent.
                        My bad...I meant, but neglected to type, large LOCAL businesses!

Comment

My bad...I meant, but neglected to type, large LOCAL businesses!
                          I guess at that point that business isn't local anymore Oops I'm sorry I didn't mean to imply that the names Bob and Sue were the same ones on HT.

Comment

Speaking of our local telephone company, I once kept getting billed for the monthly long-distance access charge even though I had disconnected my land-line phone. It took awhile, but those charges were eventually refunded to me.

Comment

I guess at that point that business isn't local anymore Oops I'm sorry I didn't mean to imply that the names Bob and Sue were the same ones on HT.
                              In the case of Hawaiian Telcom the CS rep with the pseudonym was local which is why were talking about voice-overs and casting!

Nah...didn't think for a minute that Bob and Sue were HT related!

Comment

Working...
                              X