Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Possible Financial Mismangement by Lingle's team

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
    dude i wasn't referring to you. i was referring to the author of the catfight article. did you write the article? geez calm down.
    Since I was the one who used the term "catfight," I think a reasonable assumption could have been made that you were referring to me. If not, then all right.

we pretty much see eye to eye on this.
    I think so.

i am not updating your thread because some of the links are broken and it was derailed. and you were kind of rude when i started this one. i feel our threads cover the same subject, just from different perspectives. i choose to focus on the failed investments and the impact on the state.
    Here is the exact text of what I wrote in my first post of this thread.

Not to mention being talked about in this very forum.

Lingle vs. Higa - Catfight!
    Now, could you explain to me how I was being rude to you?
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      House. Hugh Laurie as House. House
      Larry, Larryyy.... Larry David on Curb Your Enthusiasm.
      I love those guys.

Comment

Comment

ultimately, our woe's might be traced back to this. i recall thinking, hmmm glass steagall being repealed. that's probably not good but what do i know. didn't really have the time to care about the rest of the bill. there were so many other exciting things going on at the time, like the internets for one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0k2PmF-o5Q

Comment

Since I was the one who used the term "catfight," I think a reasonable assumption could have been made that you were referring to me. If not, then all right.
            we ok now? the article had the term catfight in it.

kind of sad the new advertiser wont offer back issues for free anymore. need to pay for archives. maybe google will offer them for free one day.

Comment

So I was rude because of the emoticon?

Apparently, I'm dealing with some rather thin skin.

we ok now? the article had the term catfight in it.
              All right then. Let me ask you, point blank. Precisely which news media organization used the term "catfight" in its reporting of Marion Higa's critical audit report of the Lingle administration? None of the articles that I linked to in my Lingle vs Higa:Catfight! thread used the term, "catfight."

Before you go through all the trouble of searching old articles on the web in a vain attempt to maintain your credibility, let me tell you this. I was the one who called the Lingle-Higa conflict a "catfight" as a euphemism for the title of my thread. It wasn't an expression that I pulled from any newspaper or broadcast news report.

4 of the 5 links that I used in the first post of my Lingle vs Higa thread still work. Go ahead and try them out now. "Catfight" is not on any of them. The one link that is now dead is the Advertiser's. Are you now going to put all your chips into claiming that an Advertiser reporter wrote it?
              Last edited by Frankie's Market; May 11, 2010, 11:14 AM.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

yeah I thought it was the advertiser author who coined the term. guess the the person who I misdirected my ire at was you. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

actually i don't have a beef with you. the title is irrelevant. thinking back, i didn't like your title "catfight" but you're not a professional writer or reporter are you?

the journalist that covered the story just didn't really seem to get what he/she was reporting on. The real news there wasn't the disagreement between Lingle and Higa, it was the financial mismangement that occurred.

When I read news that really doesn't do the story justice, it irks me because I feel as though the general population here is apathetic to how events in Hawaii unfold and the causes behind it. Poor journalism doesn't help educate the masses either so it is a peeve of mine.

As for you. Other than ruffled feathers, I don't have a beef with you. Got it? I don't usually waste time taking potshots at folks who don't deserve it. Your post was irritating but not because of your title. which i did find misleading and further compounding the authors folly - but hey, we're not pros right. I don't go around critiquing everyone's posts on this place. Yours are ok to good - the ones I've read.

one last time so you don't get it. Sorry if I offended you frankie. Not trying to be an ass for no reason.

Comment

I agree. Let bygones be bygones and all that.

I absolutely concur with the case you make about mismanagement on the part of Lingle and Kawamura.

Maybe you think I was too focused on the war of words between the governor and the auditor. In a sense, you are right. The back-and-forth and the personal barbs being traded aren't important in the long run. But with all that said, the matter of dispute between Lingle and Higa is vital.

Investments always carry varying levels of risk. That's the chance investors (whether a private individual or a govt. entity) are supposed to understand and accept. Deals can go sour, money is lost/frozen, and folks have to deal with it. Assuming no laws were broken and no irregularities took place in the transactional process, nobody is fined or put in prison when an investment goes south. That's what Lingle is claiming.

But when laws are violated and procedural safeguards are skirted in the commission of transactions that go bad, as Higa sees it, then it's a whole 'nother ballgame. Under those circumstances, a full and thorough investigation needs to be carried out. And everyone who had either broken the law or was derelict in exercising proper oversight should be sanctioned and, if appropriate, be prosecuted to the fullest extent.
                    Last edited by Frankie's Market; May 12, 2010, 10:29 AM.

Comment

But when laws are violated and procedural safeguards are skirted in the commission of transactions that go bad, as Higa sees it, then it's a whole 'nother ballgame. Under those circumstances, a full and thorough investigation needs to be carried out. And everyone who had either broken the law or was derelict in exercising proper oversight should be sanctioned and, if appropriate, be prosecuted to the fullest extent.
                      Youre right there. The war of words is does bother me but that is a whole different story. How folks deal with valid criticism and take responsibiltiy for actions is important, to me I'd prefer to keep separate.

I really don't think there was any ill intent or personal motivations that would merit criminal charges. I'm just wanting the poor oversight and mismanagement to really be recognized as a fact.

It irks me that Higa's competence and integrity was called into question - muddying the issue. I hope this doesn't story doesn't die. We'll be living with this bone headed decision for the next 30 years.

Comment

I hope this doesn't story doesn't die.
                        Not dead yet, and neither is FM's sidestepping your direct question about his profession.

Of course, no one knows where I work and what I do either, so I guess it's off the hook.

In fact, 808, who are you?
                        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                        ~ ~
                        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                        X