Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Know a good auto body shop near Pearlridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know a good auto body shop near Pearlridge?

Anybody know a good inexpensive auto body shop out in the Pearlridge area? I need an estimate to repair holes in the trunk channels and behind the dashboard. I'm tired of sopping up soggy floorboards and trunk carpeting with towels.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Re: Know a good auto body shop near Pearlridge?

I don't think they're cheap, but we just used Unibody Tech in Mapunapuna to do some work. It was covered by insurance. They're clean, large and reputable.

I wouldn't use some Tom, Dick and Harry that approaches you in a beat up vehicle in some parking lot, offering to do it for cheap. Especially a foreigner (gypsy). They'll end up ripping you. Body work takes several days, so they'll do the initial work, demand full payment in cash before the job's done and disappear. The Job's not done until they paint several coats and clear coating. So there's plenty of opportunity for them to bug out on you.

Comment

Oh, I wasn't gonna try that route, believe me. But I happened to be at Best Buy (looking for a mouse; my scroll wheel has died!) and I noticed two body shops across that little canal or whatever it is in that big corrugated metal warehouse kind-of-place. DADS and Pearlridge Body, I think they were named. Anyway, it occurred to me I really ought to at least get an estimate so I know what additional expense might be hanging over my head.

The car's a '97 Geo, but it's got just 55K on it; I don't want to and can't afford to replace it.

Thanks for that suggestion; maybe some other folks have other experiences too.

Comment

CENTRAL BODY AND PAINT, located behind Cutter Ford, has had a solid reputation for good body and paint. At least when the late Leroy Chandler ran the shop. His son is now in charge. Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive, either.

I've heard good things about Pearlridge Fender and Body, also.

By all means, STAY AWAY FROM THE "GYPSIES."

Comment

Thanks. Now I'm wondering if my insurance will pick up some of the repair cost when it's not the result of collision or anything except normal wear & tear. Hmm. Gotta look for the USAA phone number, I guess.

Comment

Normal wear-and-tear is not covered by insurance. Damage has to be either COLLISION (damaged by a moving object - another vehicle, which includes cars, bicycles, shopping cart, etc.) or COMPREHENSIVE (non-collision, including fire, windstorm, vandalism).

Comment

Working...
            X