Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another bus fare hike coming

Default Re: Another bus fare hike coming

Why can't I hear the AM stations on my walkman whiile riding in the new hybrid buses? I can't listen to ESPN 1420.

Our Isuzu Rodeo "Big Girl" has been taking a beating shuttling our family around Oahu. The best solution was for me to begin taking TheBus since I had the furthest commute. I didn't mind, in fact I felt as if I were contributing even more to my family by taking public transportation.

When I researched routes and fares, I was shocked! But, I do it because it's still cheaper than running Big Girl to the ground.

When I lived in Houston the Metro offered Zone fares and fortunately for a couple bucks I could travel and transfer on as many buses within a 24 hour period until I had to cough up more money. This meant, if I timed it right I could get 1.5 round trips to work before having to put more money in the meter.

Here's what Houston Metro fares are today:
    Routes Fare Discounted Fare
    Local / METRORail $1.25 $0.60
    Park & Ride Zone 1 $2.00 $1.00
    Park & Ride Zone 2 $3.25 $1.60
    Park & Ride Zone 3 $3.75 $1.85
    Park & Ride Zone 4 $4.50 $2.25
    and a Metro card that you can add your own amount too with these benefits:
    METRO Q Fare Card holders will enjoy a variety of benefits:

• Five free trips for every 50 paid trips*
    • Faster boarding
    • Free transfers (valid two hours in one direction)
    • Balance is protected (when you register your card)
    • 50 percent discounts for students, seniors, disabled and Medicare cardholders
    Something TheBus could consider?
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

For us ol' fut seniors, The Bus one way fare is $1.00 when presenting a Senior Card or a valid Medicare Card. I had my Medicare card in my hand waiting for the driver to request a glimpse for verification. He didn't. WAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    For us ol' fut seniors, The Bus one way fare is $1.00 when presenting a Senior Card or a valid Medicare Card. I had my Medicare card in my hand waiting for the driver to request a glimpse for verification. He didn't. WAAAAAAAAAH!!!
    Did you use your Avatar picture on your Medicare card? No wonder he didn't want to see it!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    Did you use your Avatar picture on your Medicare card? No wonder he didn't want to see it!
    The driver didn't even ask to see my card! Guess I look like my avatar in person!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12