H & T Burgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H & T Burgers

The great burger place from Windward Mall has expanded to an additional location at Don Quijote Kaheka Street (where the bakery used to be) - there was a horrendous line there yesterday. Wish them well!

Re: H & T Burgers

I shop at Don Quijote Kaheka on a regular basis, so checked out H & T Burgers this past Thursday.

I heard they were all about Teri' Burgers, so that's what I got, the Teri-Burger (SIC) Combo Meal...

H&T Burgers' Teri Burger Combo Meal with Fries and Medium Drink. $5.97

IIRC, the spot they're in used to be a Chinese takeout, not a bakery...

Anyhow, what's cool is they ask you by default if you want extra Teri' Sauce on da' fries. Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

The Teri' Sauce was different than I expected, though. It was more salty than sweet, and leaning more on garlic than ginger, almost making it taste Chinese in influence.

Which wouldn't be a surprise, as the owner, Shon Pak, is Chinese. He told me Manolo Morales was going to tape there on Friday morning, so check the KHON2 website later when/if they post that.

Otherwise, read my "full" review here.
    Last edited by Pomai; May 8, 2010, 07:37 AM.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
      IIRC, the spot they're in used to be a Chinese takeout, not a bakery...
      Is that the Chinese takeout that also had Cajun chicken and fish too?

Comment

H&T Burgers is in the place the Italian used to be and the name of that place escapes me. Kelly's Cajun was the one in the middle and the bakery was in the next place on the ewa side of this area.

Chinese take out was during the 1980's.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
          Anyhow, what's cool is they ask you by default if you want extra Teri' Sauce on da' fries. Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

The Teri' Sauce was different than I expected, though. It was more salty than sweet, and leaning more on garlic than ginger, almost making it taste Chinese in influence.

Which wouldn't be a surprise, as the owner, Shon Pak, is Chinese. He told me Manolo Morales was going to tape there on Friday morning, so check the KHON2 website later when/if they post that.
          I saw the Manolo interview and they showed how they prepare the teri fries. After frying the teri burger, they put a little water on the grill and scrape up all the greasy bits that were stuck to the grill. Then they pour this mixture over the fries. I guess it's not much different than how you make traditional brown gravy but it didn't very appetizing to see all that extra grease poured over already greasy fries.

Comment

I tried H&T Burgers over the weekend. I thought the burgers were just so-so, nothing really special, which disappointed me. I really wanted it to be awesome. As for teri fries, that just doesn’t sound right to me. But then again, this is coming from a guy who likes his fries straight up, right out of the fryer, just with a little salt and nothing more, not even ketchup.

Speaking of new burger joints, just a short walk away from H&T Burgers, on Makaloa Street near Keeaumoku, right across Walgreens, Kiawe Grill has just opened a new location. More burgers to try, and Korean food as well!

Comment

Working...
            X