Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Organic Meat on the Windward side. Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organic Meat on the Windward side. Where?

Trying to save myself a trip down to Whole Foods in town. My wife wants a homemade steak and shrimp for her Mother's Day dinner. The meats she buys nowadays are "organically rai$ed" ever since she saw this movie FOOD INC.. I've never seen the movie but whatever. The organic milk does taste good though. Thanks!

Ps. BTW She really knows me, so she wants to see the label from the package...If you were thinking what I was thinking.

Re: Organic Meat on the Windward side. Where?

'Food, Inc.' is certainly an eye-opener. If you have a Netflix account, you can "watch it now". Eating only organic foods certainly isn't cheap, but the long-term benefits as far as health and being "green" surely makes it worth it.

While I'm not committed to it, I do buy organic produce and grocery products every now and then. I really should look into committing to it. It's just difficult to with most (with the exception of a few) restaurants around town not offering or featuring "organic", which would really limit my choices when dining out.

Sorry, I but don't know where to suggest for organic beef on the Windward side. I do know Costco and Foodland now sell prime grade beef steaks. Costco is much cheaper than Foodland of course. I bought a couple prime NY strips from Costco and they were AWESOME. Big difference over choice, and worth the extra price per pound. The marbling makes all the difference.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Well I went down to WF to get what she wanted. It's all good since she hardly asks for much from me. Plus she had to go in to work this morn even when she scheduled for the day off.

Yeah she still get's our tri-tips and organic chicken from Costco's.

Comment

You can pre-order for pickup North Shore Cattle Co. beef for the Thursday Kailua farmer's market. I've done that, love their beef so do my dogs.

Comment

Thanks. I'll give them a call when my wife's stash runs low.
          Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
          You can pre-order for pickup North Shore Cattle Co. beef for the Thursday Kailua farmer's market. I've done that, love their beef so do my dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
            Thanks. I'll give them a call when my wife's stash runs low.
            How much organic beef did you buy from Whole Foods? At "Whole Paycheck" prices, you should be broke by now. LOL!
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
              How much organic beef did you buy from Whole Foods? At "Whole Paycheck" prices, you should be broke by now. LOL!
              I was out $60 cash when I walked out with eight 8oz pieces of meat. Dang had to put back that bottle of vitamin water that I was gonna drink on the way home lol. Of course those are for her only. I'll save the household some money and eat the regular stuff from Costco...don't matter to me.

Comment

Working...
              X