The 2010 Elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2010 Elections

I've said it before, I'll say it again, Liberalism THRIVES on failures. Their own failures, and the failures of others around them. Without failure, there is no victim. Without victims, liberalism falls apart at the seams.

Liberalism depends upon the fundamental tenet that "you are not capable of taking care of yourself, that is why you need liberalism."
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Utter nonsense! You have shown that you have no idea what "liberalism" is all about.
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
        W, working with less in his coco, achieved more toward implementing his personal ideology goals with fewer resources than Obama has with his vast superior resources. What an ironic shame!
        And when did we start this crap of not allowing a president his 4 years to do his job?
        Answer, less than two years ago.
        The guy has pulled off the impossible, and done it in no time at all. He needs to really ram the next two years down the worthless con's throats.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
          And when did we start this crap of not allowing a president his 4 years to do his job?
          Answer, less than two years ago.
          The guy has pulled off the impossible, and done it in no time at all. He needs to really ram the next two years down the worthless con's throats.
          Hear! Hear!

How Obama Saved Capitalism and Lost the Midterms

(...and my favorite url ...)
          What the f*** has Obama done so far?

And in only 22 months...

Comment

I'm curious, as I haven't had much time to be on HT. Have I missed something, or has a certain poster been totally silent since the election results?

Well, thank's for your time.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
              I'm curious, as I haven't had much time to be on HT. Have I missed something, or has a certain poster been totally silent since the election results?

No posts since he spoiled the outcome of Dancing with the Stars on Tuesday! I just checked the membership list and he's not on it. Maybe someone else can check to see if I overlooked his name. Could he be on probation?!

Comment

Liberalism thrives on failures? Well I suppose so. The Great Depression was certainly a failure, it really educated my parents' generation. See "Grapes of Wrath", think about eating your dog or cat because you are that hungry. They (the parents' generation, not the dog and cat) saw and experienced the failure of laissez faire unregulated dog eat dog running rampant capitalism. You wouldn't need liberalism to come around and clean up capitalism's failures if capitalism didn't fail, would you? You wouldn't need environmental protection laws if companies didn't find it cheaper to dump toxic waste in your kids' playgrounds, or your drinking water. Thats another failing. Letting Wall St. bigshots steal your pension fund or your bank account or your 401k or whatever is another failure, again you need some big hearted bleeding heart liberals coming along and saving the poor souls who have lost their life savings because unregulated capitalism failed. Then some people fail thru no fault of their own, like they get a disease and when their insurance companies drop them (this could happen even to you) its sometimes nice when some big hearted liberal comes along to save them from this classic failure of our dog eat dog capitalistic health care system. I think Americans could learn a lot from losing their life savings to Wall St. insiders and having their children poisoned by polluters and getting dropped by their insurance companies. Experience is the best teacher. Americans have a lot to learn, I expect Republicans to educate them. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  No posts since he spoiled the outcome of Dancing with the Stars on Tuesday! I just checked the membership list and he's not on it. Maybe someone else can check to see if I overlooked his name. Could he be on probation?!
                  I didn't find him on the membership list either.
                  We know that others who had been banned still had their old posts appear but the word "Banned" was under their name on the posts, so I checked those last posts of his in the DWTS thread. The posts are still there and it still had Ali`i under his name, not Banned. I clicked on his name, which gives you a few options. I clicked again to go to his profile, and it seems that his profile is closed.
                  So he's not on the membership list and his profile is blocked, but the old posts don't show him as banned. Odd. Maybe he's just on some kind of timeout.
                  Probably for using too many apostrophes.

And this isn't exactly thread drift, since I imagine there are other folks who were curious what he'd post after the election results.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                    Liberalism depends upon the fundamental tenet that "you are not capable of taking care of yourself, that is why you need liberalism."
                    Not sure if that defines 'Liberalism,' but it certainly defines the Democratic party:
                    "You aren't competent to own guns,
                    You need us to make laws to tell you what you can or can't do,
                    We will furnish the obscure and obscurantistic regulations, you just do as you're told,
                    Anything that leans toward Freedom of Choice MUST be eliminated; we know what is best for you."

I know this is an over-generalization, but not far from the 'general' truth (small 't').

What ever happened to the government of, by and for the people? Where is freedom kept bound today? Who decided that the Bill of Rights was no longer valid?

Not I.

K->
                    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                    ~ ~
                    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                      Not sure if that defines 'Liberalism,' but it certainly defines the Democratic party:
                      "You aren't competent to own guns,
                      You need us to make laws to tell you what you can or can't do,
                      We will furnish the obscure and obscurantistic regulations, you just do as you're told,
                      Anything that leans toward Freedom of Choice MUST be eliminated; we know what is best for you."

I know this is an over-generalization, but not far from the 'general' truth (small 't').

What ever happened to the government of, by and for the people? Where is freedom kept bound today? Who decided that the Bill of Rights was no longer valid?

Not I.

K->
                      Other than the gun bit, the list fits the Republican/conservative party to a 'T'.

Same pair of shoes...right foot, left foot, right foot, left foot. They don't work together ya falls on yer face.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        heheheh.

He's around. I saw your posts and went searching. Saw his light bright green.

Hellooooooooo! sansei!!

well thanks for your time.
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

A nice example of people failing because they can't take care of themselves is proposed in San Diego, where the financial recovery program proposed by city councilman Demaio (R) includes dropping health insurance coverage for retired city workers. Voila! You are 80, a retired sewer worker perhaps, and now you have no health insurance. It was your fault for undertaking employment with the city that promised you as part of your employment contract that you would get health insurance, how silly of you. Contracts should never be enforced for consumers or for workers, only for business, for the rich. Demaio says the city attorney says the city can do it. I am so thankful I never worked for the city.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                            A nice example of people failing because they can't take care of themselves is proposed in San Diego, where the financial recovery program proposed by city councilman Demaio (R) includes dropping health insurance coverage for retired city workers. Voila! You are 80, a retired sewer worker perhaps, and now you have no health insurance.
                            I agree with most of your points K, but I see where Demaio is coming from. The employees union negotiated a cadillac health care program with the City of San Diego. The city can no longer afford that program for retired workers over 65. Medicare is available to those city workers over 65, just like it is available to the rest of us, so the retired San Diego employees over 65 would not be left high and dry.

I would have to know more about the proposal, but I think it is an idea that merits some study.
                            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                              ... think about eating your dog or cat because you are that hungry. ... Again.
                              Naw, I think about eating my dog to get a return on my investment. Someday.

[Warning - thread drift.]
                              May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Probably the best thing cities and school systems can do is sell off all they can to private investors. People won't pay taxes, period. They can subscribe to trash services, sewer services, water service, fire protection service, and send their kids to private schools. A lot of debt could be paid off just by selling the public beaches to China. They already own either the Indiana or Illinois turnpike. Sell them the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, and Yosemite too. Everybody knows private business always does everything cheaper and better than public. People would be happy with their nice low taxes. With the savings they might be able to put a small dent in their sewage service bill, maybe even afford a few days at the beach. There's no point trying to convince people its cheaper just to pay the damn taxes, who knows--maybe privatized everything actually will be cheaper and better. Lets at least give it a try. Who's with me?

Comment

Working...
                                X