The 2010 Elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2010 Elections

Do pictures of President Obama with Hitler moustasches scrawled on count? The whole movement has been funded by some seriously sick elderly whacko, Koch (sp?), who wants to return the US to the dark ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
      Do pictures of President Obama with Hitler moustasches scrawled on count?
      First folks I saw doing that were the LaRouche followers.

Comment

The whole movement has been funded by some seriously sick elderly whacko, Koch (sp?), who wants to return the US to the dark ages.
        Not to be nit-picky, but the United States weren't around during the Dark Ages.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
          Not to be nit-picky, but the United States weren't around during the Dark Ages.
          Maybe he means the Nixon era?

Comment

Originally posted by escondido100 View Post
            please document and identify any incidence of this happening.
            you do realize that many of these incendiary banners and actions are made by trolls attending these events in order to make the tea party look evil.
            I already documented a racist signholder at a Tea Party rally in this very thread. Why don't you take the time to read it right now?

To repeat myself once again, signholder Dale Robertson is the founder and president of TeaParty.org.

Robertson has made numerous media appearances (including this interview on C-SPAN) as a spokesperson for the Tea Party movement. So no. Robertson could hardly be labeled as a "troll" at a Tea Party rally.

And no, the photo of Robertson's controversial sign wasn't digitally altered or forged. Robertson basically admitted his use of the misspelled slur when he tried to explain/justify its use on a radio interview with Alan Colmes.

COLMES: What do you mean by the word “NIGGAR?” What is that?

ROBERTSON: I don’t know, what does it mean to you?
            COLMES: That’s what?

ROBERTSON: What does it mean to you?

COLMES: I don’t know, I didn’t write it. I’ve never seen that word before. What’s NIGGAR?

ROBERTSON: Well, I just don’t agree with what Congress is doing to the American people.

COLMES: But why that word?

ROBERTSON: Really the proper word is “slave.”

COLMES: You said “Congress is the slaveowner, taxpayer is the NIGGAR.”

ROBERTSON: Well, Ron Dellums actually coined that word.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
              I already documented a racist signholder at a Tea Party rally in this very thread. Why don't you take the time to read it right now?
              Sorry for the misdirected link. This post contains the photo of Dale Robertson's incendiary sign.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughtful corrections! Koch wants to send the US "To", not "back to" the Dark Ages. The depictions of President Obama with a Hitler moustasche appeared prominently at tea party events, perhaps I was mistaken to believe that reflected the beliefs of the attendees.

But the bigger point remains, is this as Rand Paul and the tea party believes really a time for LESS regulation? How can anyone say that looking at the disasters on Wall Street and in the Gulf of Mexico? Cutting government during a recession? It didn't work for Hoover, it made the Depression worse. The historic record from 1932 to about the Reagan era would indicate that Keynesian economics and regulation over industries like Savings & Loans, Airlines, Broadcasting, Electricity, Banking & Securities delivered good if not perfect results. Still, I do see almost the hand of God working here. Just as the Texas schoolbook committee is selecting text books to propagandize right wing delusions upon American Youth, the right is cutting education budgets. How appropriate. Better no education at all than indoctrination in idiocy.

Comment

And now I stand in stunned awe at Sarah Palin blaming the Gulf oil spill on environmentalists. Incredible. We have been through the issue of tea partiers not being stupid. Granted. Yet how can anyone consider Sarah Palin seriously as a potential leader for this country? Granted she is attractive but that is no qualification to be President. Blaming environmentalists for the oil spill reminds me of how pro Vietnam War people often blamed anti Vietnam War people for the war, or of how Hitler blamed the Jews for WW2. Its beyond Orwell. "Drill Baby Drill" is accessible on You Tube.

Comment

Randi Rhodes had Mike Papantonio on her show today. Try to give it a listen, it is awesome. For background, remember that Stalin's secret police chief Beria used political prisoners to handle deady radioactive material to build the USSR's atomic bombs, their lives were totally expendable, and we have no problem recognizing that as evil. And now according to Papantonio we have BP employing Mexicans to use oil dispersants known to cause central nervous system collapse, liver failure, kindney malfunction, and when the Mexicans get sick they get shipped back to Mexico. This is no way to treat human beings. Its on par with Stalin. Its beyond disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                      I realize that HT’rs as liberal as you and Kalalau are tonedeaf to the changing attitudes of the politically active majority in this country, but perhaps I can open a door for you. When most politicians run as a “moderate” they do it almost exclusively to get votes from “Red” states and “Blue” states, or locally, in “red” and “blue” counties. Frankly, the all-time low approval rating of Congress is due to disillusionment with their Congressman/woman’s practical application of this deliberately vague label.
                      And what of the approval rating of the Tea Party movement itself?

Back in April, Gallup did a poll that found the Tea Party had a favorable rating with 37% of Americans. As the firedoglake.com blogger points out, more people in this country have a favorable impression of Russia and Red China than they do of the Tea Party.

And just a couple of days ago, the Washington Post/ABC News poll showed that the unfavorable rating for the Tea Party movement is now at 50%, compared to 36% who find it favorable.

Seems to me that no Tea Party supporter should go around and declare other people to be "tone deaf" when that person is blind as a bat as to how other people view them.

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                      Thankfully, according to tea party leader Jenny Beth Martin, this movement is 15 million strong and growing and a phenomenal pace. Here’s another fruit of the movement (whoohooo!!! Ron Paul’s son!!!! ):

Rand Paul’s victory also a win for Tea Party

By Peter Hamby, CNN Political Producer
                      May 19, 2010 4:19 a.m. EDT
                      I see that you're very enamoured of someone who is not a supporter of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

How utterly progressive of you.

In the meantime, I look forward to seeing how GOP voters in California will shoot themselves in the foot when they go to the polls today and end up nominating Carly Fiorina (a pro-lifer) for the US Senate and possibly, Orly Taitz (the Birther Queen) for Secretary of State.
                      Last edited by Frankie's Market; June 8, 2010, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Whatever makes Boxer go away.

Comment

Originally posted by bjd392 View Post
                          Whatever makes Boxer go away.
                          The Republican candidate who had the best chance of knocking Barbara Boxer out (pun fully intended) was Tom Campbell. He was a social moderate (pro-choice and pro-same sex marriage) who would have been able to level the social/cultural playing field with Boxer and focused the general election rhetoric on economic issues. But with Carly Fiorina being the GOP nominee instead, Boxer and her supporters will spend much of the campaign talking about Fiorina's pro-life stance, her opposition to same-sex marriage, and her support for Arizona's controversial immigration legislation. In a state like California, these are toxic issues that could drive away moderate voters, no matter what Fiorina may have to offer on economic issues and fiscal policy.

Comment

Even before the election the Cal. Democratic Party was running ads about Meg Whitman's connection with Goldman-Sachs, her off shore bank accounts, etc. Fiorina is the poster ceo for shipping jobs overseas; personally profitable but not popular with the victims, their families and friends. I can't think of a single thing Boxer has done that could pizz anybody off, she has done a fine job as far as I can tell. Prop 14 passed, it means the top two finishers in the primary are the candidates in the general election regardless of party, meaning in combination with the Republican supreme ct's corporate personhood decision that the two richest Republicans will be the candidates from here on out, its not a government by for and of the people any more but just like France or Russia before their revolutions, a government of by and for the wealthy privileged elite. And the people voted for this. Alas. Glad I won't be around when the kukae is hitting the peahi! 16 FAILED, there was never so much as a single ad against it, we were inundated with radio, TV, and mail ads in favor of it but incredibly the voters saw thru it. Now watch PG&E raise rates to try to pay for their expensive failed campaign. The stockholders and executives should have to eat it, so to speak. Locally the San Diego city council took a big shift to the reich, the excellent liberal Donna Frye termed out and replaced by a homophobic ideologue. Alas.

Comment

I can't think of a single thing Boxer has done that could pizz anybody off
                              Aside from NOT DO ANYTHING. She's been a waste of a seat for years. If she's been in for so long and California consistenly has problems, chances are long-time incumbents are still worthless and need to get out.

Comment

Funny how the teapot people didn't make a single peep when their boy bush was running up the deficit for NOTHING, he squandered the $500 billion surplus President Clinton left behind for the country, got us in 2 needless wars and gave tax breaks to billionaires, and NOW the teapot people care about deficits. Yeah right, I really believe its sincere. Its manufactured rage just like the Angry White Men of 1994 who brought us the worst congresses in history. Fine. Get another bunch of douche bags in congress, I wonder how many millions they will squander investigating President Obama's birth certificate or sabatoging gvt so it can't work just when the country so desparately needs a gvt that does work, more subsidies from your taxes for big oil, more deregulation for Wall Street and insurance companies so they can stiff you. Your interests will be represented just fine by wealthy elitists who got rich shipping jobs like yours overseas. It will sure feel good though won't it.

Comment

Working...
                                X