Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2010 Elections

Originally posted by sansei View Post
    hi im able to share one thing,.the dem's dont mind having rail,only not sure of the repub's? also the repub's want to let the people vote on civil union's bill,only the dem's want's the civil union's bill overturned from what gov lingle did and im still puzzled on who to pick for our next gov and lt gov?

I dont trust bs who want's to be lt gov and dont truly trust na for gov, i may trust da for gov and lf for lt gov.

Well thank's for your time
    Hi Sansei,
    I don't think the issues of the fixed rail, or civil unions bill, will make any difference when it comes to who is elected. I think the people who are opposed to abortion rights will block vote though.

I think, regardless of who becomes governor, the fixed rail will go through. The reason is if we don't use the Federal money, we will lose it. The civil unions bill will eventually go to the people. As Lingle said, we should let the people decide on that bill.
    Nobu

Comment

Four questions for Republicans...

Questions:

1. What was the average monthly private sector job growth in 2008, the final year of the Bush presidency, and what has it been so far in 2010?

2. What was the Federal deficit for the last fiscal year of the Bush presidency, and what was it for the first full fiscal year of the Obama presidency?

3. What was the stock market at on the last day of the Bush presidency? What is it at today?

4. Which party's candidate for speaker will campaign this weekend with a Nazi reenactor who dressed up in a SS uniform?

and four answers for undecided voters

Comment

Tutu, you little devil you! But I already knew the answers.
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
          Tutu, you little devil you! But I already knew the answers.
          Ah, but matapule, I bet you weren't/aren't undecided, either!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Four questions for Republicans...
            And one more question that should be asked.

Comment

I keep hearing conflicting info on this election. One poll showed 48 % of voters intended to vote Democratic to 43 % Republican, some info showed early voting going Democratic. Yet reporters say its all but a foregone conclusion the Republicans will take the House and maybe the Senate too. What to believe? I really find it disgusting anybody could be so stupid as to give control back to the people who destroyed the economy in the first place, who blew a half trillion dollar surplus and may have finally achieved their golden dream of killing the goose that laid the golden eggs for America and the American people--the sensible modifications to Capitalism made by FDR, who blew our economic soverignty and gave it to Communist China just to finance tax cuts for billionaires. And they are ready to vote for more of the same. More tax subsidies to companies that ship jobs to India. Deregulating Wall Street + turning over the Social Security trust fund to them. There are no words to describe that kind of stupidity.

Comment

I remember

Jon Stewart's speech at the Rally For Sanity. Wow. Just...WOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                  What to believe?
                  Your own heart. NOT the news media or pollster or political-party speculators.

Do you know anyone who will change their vote, based on hearing that some poll says one side or the other is more likely to win?

Just be sure to vote, that's the most important thing. Then cross your fingers...

Comment

Okay... voted about an hour ago at the Ala Wai Elementary School cafeteria.
                    Almost no one around, which made it quick and easy for me.
                    But makes me wonder about voter turnout?

I wish us all... all the best!
                    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

• Re: The 2010 Elections

The voters in their wisdom have given control of the house to big rich corporations, but Democrats still control the Senate. Odd, the Dems had a filibuster proof 60 vote majority in the Senate plus big control of the House, but appeared to be timid and or incompetent. Still, there has been an impressive record of good legislation. I think the Democrats should totally go along with Republicans on even more tax breaks for the rich and budget cuts, repudiate the debt, drive the economy into true depression, collapse the world economy, that will bring real Change. I wonder if Reps will have the huahua to try to pull it off. In California & in San Diego things went well, Dems took most everything.

Comment

It's basically a blowout in the House, and near equal in the Senate. Reps might get Colorado.

Let the lame-duckedness begin. It's gonna be a long 2 years. Would you call this a rejection of President Obama's policies? Is it voter demand for change of any kind? Sometimes change is not always for the best, right? Did Christine O'Donnell win? Will government ever stop spending money like a drunken sailor on shore leave? I think the economy is gonna drag on some more.

Did not vote today due to circumstances. Bummer. Only the second time in my life that I actually missed one. Ai yai yai.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com
                        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                          [...]
                          Did not vote today due to circumstances. Bummer. Only the second time in my life that I actually missed one. Ai yai yai.
                          Permanent absentee ballot application

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                            It's basically a blowout in the House, and near equal in the Senate.
                            Sort of and not really.

Let the lame-duckedness begin. It's gonna be a long 2 years.
                            True. Time to explore a Parlimentary form of government to avoid gridlock.

Would you call this a rejection of President Obama's policies?
                            No, I would call it an affirmation of the power of propaganda.

Is it voter demand for change of any kind?
                            Yes and no. The voters don't know what they want when they lobby for tax cuts for the wealthy (those who make over $250K per year.)

Sometimes change is not always for the best, right?
                            Correctamundo, which puts tonight's results into question.

Did Christine O'Donnell win?
                            No, went down in flames in a landslide.

Will government ever stop spending money like a drunken sailor on shore leave?
                            Only when it stops spending money on drunken sailors on shore leave.

I think the economy is gonna drag on some more.
                            It will take 8 years to fix what was broken in the previous 8 years.

Did not vote today due to circumstances. Bummer. Only the second time in my life that I actually missed one.
                            Then you can't comment on politics until you vote again. We're putting you in the penalty box for 2 years.

Ai yai yai.
                            Tim, it's Ay Ay Ay. Stick to pidgeon brah and the leave the Spanglish to others.
                            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I'm not at all surprised with the overall outcome. For many years there's been a sine-wave shift, with a few exceptions here and there. But for an overall equilibrium, it's been mine and several other people's opinion that a true balance of power (if the ideology of checks and balances is applied) should fall under a President of one party, a House of the opposite party, and a Senate that is close to 50/50. That's what I supported with each President in office. It appears this year's results show this. This just means we're in the middle of our next 2-year wave. I would certainly disagree with a lop-sided majority of one party in all three, regardless of which party has it.

So, numbers-wise, I'm not disappointed. I can't say the same with some of the people who were elected, both Democrat and Republican alike.

Comment

I like bjd392(s) post above.
                                Seems logical... cool.
                                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X