"Hawaii Five-0" News & Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hawaii Five-0" News & Sightings

"Hawaii Five-0" will be the new kid on the block this summer and into the fall, and maybe beyond. This thread is being set up like the "Lost" threads of the recent past. Post your news, film location sightings and whatever about the upcoming CBS TV show that is a re-boot of the original classic that is set to air Monday nights at 9pm in Hawaii (10 mainland) after a 2 hour comedy block.

News about the CBS pick-up and go to series can be found at various sites including:

KGMB TV News (Hawaii News Now) KHNL cast interview

Honolulu Advertiser
    (editorial)
    Honolulu Star Bulletin - links may not work after June 6.

CBS already has a promo video up of the theme song and a behind the scenes clip with the principal actors:

Fall 2010 Promo - you may have to seek out the Hawaii Five-0 clip from the link. After the theme song plays you have to sit through a short commercial and then the "Behind the Scenes" reel show. Features the 4 major cast members and clips from the pilot.

CBS Fall 2010 schedule:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/fall_pr...0/schedule.php

Again this thread is for posting of news items and any filming action you may observe over the next few months. The promo clips already show some familiar locations on Kualoa Ranch.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: "Hawaii Five-0" News & Sightings

Have to admit, preview looks better than expected. Definitely has some high production values.

The CBS link took forever to load, but I found the same clips on YouTube that loaded a lot faster:

Title Sequence:
    Too bad they couldn't use the original track. Would be a nice homage and the new one just doesn't sound quite right. And not crazy about the computerized graphics look.

Behind the Scenes: So that's what Boomer looks like under her Galactica flight suit! I wonder how much pidgin DDK is going to attempt as the local moke. And man, Scott Caan sure looks just like his dad!

Comment

Just posted this on the other thread...guess it should have gone here. I looked at the comparison of the title sequences several times (in between the diaper commercials) and I like the new one; the old has its classic feel, but much more scenery/water scenes than the new one.

Since law enforcement/detective work has progressed so much with electronics, I think the new version is appropriate.

Looking forward to the series!

Comment

I don't find the new theme to be bad at all, considering I expected much worse. No excessive 'edgy'-ness. Bodes well for the shows content, I hope!
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Somewhere in here was a discussion about where this show was going to be filming but I can't find the thread. So...
          They're going to use the old Honolulu Advertiser building, according to this Breaking News item. An excellent choice of location.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

All things pertaining to the new Hawaii Five-0 fits perfectly in this thread.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Re: Hawaii 5-0 remake

hi,i think the new hawaii 5-0 will be coming soon,at least they have the original theme song,that will bring back memorie's.

even though this is a whole new cast,they have most of the same name's from the character's they play,like dann'o and mcgarret played by an actor who'm i havent heard of and he'd be a pretty good mcgarret. same goes for the actor who play's dann'o.

i think this new one will be a hit,not like the one they were going to try a few year's back with the original actor who played danny when he was to be the gov of hawaii,that 5-0 wouldnt have made it,this new one coming,maybe a hit.

well thank's for your time

Comment

I attended an actor's showcase tonight and was impressed that a few of the Five-0 honchos were in attendance...as was Daniel Dae Kim. In addition to his eye candy factor he's also a sweetheart. The latter isn't always the case with celebrities! Book 'em, Danno!

Comment

Hawaii Five-O production began today. The Star Advertiser had a breaking news item describing the scene at the Hilton.

After years of chasing "LOST" around, I resisted the urge to head down to check things out this morning. But curiosity might get the best of me as things progress!

I saw the piece about the historic Advertiser building being used as a soundstage... but will they use the exterior as well? The look of the building could certainly pass as a police headquarters, or some law enforcement office. Or will they continue to pretend to operate out of 'Iolani Palace?

Comment

CBS will be promoting "Hawaii Five-0" by going back to the original theme song arrangement.

CBS Will Make Sure You Hum the Hawaii 5-0 Theme Song Whether You Want To or Not

Scroll to the bottom of the article to see the video.

Extended preview clip (3:43) - possible spoiler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb-ejxJEgqE
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I took this photo on March 4 (if the exif data is to be believed) partly because I knew this thread was going to exist eventually. Then I forgot all about it.

I saw a bunch of guys working in this space in the back of what used to be the Dal-Tile building on Paiea Street, near the Airport Trade Center. It was normal workshop-looking activity, which I thought was weird since the front of the building didn't give any indication that there was some new business opening there.

I saw it first while sitting in the Starbucks; when I went outside to get a better look, I saw the sign on the dumpster. Not exactly a sighting, but...something related, I guess.
                      Attached Files
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Great capture on the Five-0 dumpster sighting! Book-em.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

5-0 theme re-make

Here's the new theme http://www.staradvertiser.com/featur...ess_theme.html
                          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

hi awesome ron h and this is the best remake of the hawaii 50 theme. awesome book'em danno! lol!

well thank's for your time

Comment

Definitely looking forward to this 5-0.
                              Loved the original and am open minded for this version.
                              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X