"Hawaii Five-0" News & Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Hawaii Five-0" News & Sightings

hi sorry for posting here when im not allowed to.

i watched the replay of the original 50 and the new one will be somewhat like the original version only with the character's as the original,it'll be the same only the actor's and actress will be new.

i think it'll be a hit. booke'm danno!

well thank's for your time

Comment

How dumb (no offense to non-speaking persons intended) am I? I just realized the other day that Hawaii five-oh meant, like, Hawaii, the 50th state. Just never put the two ideas together before.
      May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

E kala mai, I should have posted my update here...

I got to be an extra on Hawaii Five-0 yesterday! It was a long and tiring day but I was so excited to have been a small part of the project. Unfortunately, I could not take any pictures as it was a "closed" set.

I am looking forward to the series premier at Sunset on the Beach in September and to seeing the scenes we shot yesterday (episode 2) to see if I get on TV or if I end up on the cutting room floor.
        Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
        My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

OK so another extra took these pix...

and I got this one of me and the most famous person on the set... Vili the Warrior! LOL!

My friends who were extras with me had no idea who Alex O'Loughlin, Scott Caan or Grace Park were and they only vaguely recognized Daniel Dae Kim but they ALL knew Vili! Only in Hawaii, right?
          My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

photos i took earlier this month of hawaii five-o filming a scene where steve mcgarrett accompanies some wounded person to the hospital in an AMR bus (note the "blood stains" on alex o'loughlin's shirt):

scene 1

scene 2

scene 3

sorry--i forgot how to post pics properly but i rarely read or post in HT anymore to bother to learn again.
            Last edited by cynsaligia; August 23, 2010, 09:54 AM.
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

cynsaligia,

Flickr made a major change to their user interface, and if you are not familiar with it, things such as embedding photos to message boards are hidden under the SHARE THIS, GRAB THE HTML or BB CODE option listed above individual photos in your stream.

For HawaiiThreads.com you need to use the BB code option in order to embed photos here.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

'Five-0' casting call draws 2,000

Anyone here one of the 2000 who applied to be an extra?
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Anyone here one of the 2000 who applied to be an extra?
                  2,000? Nope. I just got my chk for the day I was an extra and I'm pretty happy to get paid for really doing nothing! Plus I took leave from my day job so I got paid double really.

I did go to the "Off The Map" casting call and they haven't called yet and I read for a small speaking part in "Battleship" but they haven't called yet either. I'm still hoping my phone will ring.

I got this from a friend who is helping to cast extras for Hawaii Five-0...
                  "Hey surfer dudes and dudettes - Hawaii Five-0 wants YOU! Big shoot on the North Shore tentatively scheduled for Sept. 8. If you look REALLY great in your bikini or board shorts, email me at surfmeet@gmail.com. Send photo in your beachwear please! Non-union extra work and a day at the beach - what could be better? Pass this on to all of your friends!"

Comment

Sighted this afternoon (about 4pm on Wednesday, September 15, 2010) as I took my usual after-work drive through Ala Moana Beach Park, they were filming an "extras" scene at the Surf 'n Snack "Concessions" stand on the Ewa end of Ala Moana Beach Park. Here, where they so conveniently converted it into a fictional location for Waiola Shave Ice!...

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Continued from my last post:

Nice logo design...

Here's how this Ala Moana Beach 'Surf 'n Snack' concession stand looks on any other day...

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

A few more shots from today's 5-O "Waiola Shave Ice on Ala Moana Beach" extras shoot...

I also want to note, in one action scene, a very big local guy walked across the camera holding a VERY BIG shave ice... like the shave ice "head" was as big as a softball, or larger! Of course it was "rainbow flavor" for that colorful and classic Hawaii shave ice "look". Look for that part in the show if it makes the cut!

Is Waiola Shave Ice (the real business) offering franchising? If so, I'm going to start looking in on that! lol
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I passed this empty shave ice stand yesterday (9-14-10) - no one was there, just the sign. It was very late in the afternoon. I thought a real shaved ice stand had moved into the place until I saw Bytemarks' Twitter post about it this morning. He said it was a set, and the pictures confirm it.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The distinctive blue "bolo head man" logo appears in the series premiere of "Hawaii Five-0," airing Monday. I don't think it was the same location, though. In the "Hawaii Five-0" script, it's suggested that the proprietor is a local celebrity (moreso than, say, Stanley Matsumoto is).

Comment

Looks like they're shooting at the Ala Wai boat harbor today.

Comment

Thought I saw Alex O'Loughlin jogging in Kapiolani Park this afternoon and then when I got up to the lookout area on Diamondhead Road, he turned around to go back to the park, it was defnitely him!! A few of us went up to him and said hi, shook hands. Nice guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X