• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Hawaii Five-0" News & Sightings

Harada's latest blog on the show:

http://showandtellhawaii.honadvblogs...ifestyle-wave/

Comment

If the show skews too much of a "local" Hawaii lifestyle, it could lose its mainland based audience. Happened with an ABC TV show called "Byrds of Paradise"... was too local, everyone in Hawaii who watched it caught on, but the show did not connect with a mainland audience... low ratings, died after 13 episodes.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
        If the show skews too much of a "local" Hawaii lifestyle, it could lose its mainland based audience. Happened with an ABC TV show called "Byrds of Paradise"... was too local, everyone in Hawaii who watched it caught on, but the show did not connect with a mainland audience... low ratings, died after 13 episodes.
        I enjoyed "Byrds of Paradise", helped launch Jennifer Love Hewitt's and Seth Green's careers, who were then young teenagers. I remember Robert Kekaula on some episodes. I also remember Bruce Weitz, Elizabeth Lindsey and Arlo Guthrie. I believe they shot the series on the Big Island?

As for 5-0 hopefully they have local consultants working on the show.

Comment

Interesting that Harada gives the original a pass for doing something like naming a bad guy after a Chinese restaurant, but finds some of the cheesy changes of the new show to be annoying. After 50 years, I'm sure anything would be comfortably clouded with the hazy mist of nostalgia.

Bet if they use Harada's mugshot in an episode of the new show, he'll change his tune.

Tonight's episode will be an interesting one, since it was filmed months after the pilot and presumably after the creators had some time to process the reaction from both Mainland and local critics. Something obviously prompted the change from Kahuku High School to Kukui High School, so I want to see whether or not that was a sign of a misstep, or actually a step in the right direction.

Comment

Five-0's second episode drops 10% viewers from last week, "Castle" beats it by a nose.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ratings-...ileid=breaking

Comment

While coming home on TheBus tonight they were lights around the old Advertiser Building. The sign over the door says "Honolulu Police Department".

Comment

Filming will take place at JJ Dolan's tomorrow. They'll be closed for lunch but open for dinner.

Comment

Broadcast ratings, Monday night 10-4-10

TV Ratings Monday: The Event Drops; Chuck Tops Chase; Lie to Me Premieres

10:00

CBS Hawaii Five-0 3.5/9 12.03
                  ABC Castle 3.0/8 11.91
                  NBC Chase 1.7/5 5.83
                  Source
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

ThePaper reports this morning on an on set crime problem:

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/2..._film_set.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post

Sad to hear about this happening. Was rampant theft ever a problem on Lost shootings?
                      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post

Unfortunately this situation is not unique. I've been on 3 shoots that I can remember when theft occurred, all commercials...2 were external, 1 was most likely internal. The sheer size of the latter lent itself to problems...at least 325 extras who had to leave their belongings in an arena's locker room. For the 2nd and 3rd days of that shoot, security was hired to stay in the locker rooms rather than just patrol the area. It's just so disheartening when this happens.

Comment

Mike Gordon reports DVR viewing adds to 5-0s audience:

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b..._playback.html

Comment

They were filming today at the State Capitol.

McGarrett and Danno shooting a scene.

McGarrett

Danno throws a SHAKA!
                            Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                            My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

After they wrapped, Danno headed towards his trailer while getting NAKED! Yes, it was HOT!
                              Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                              My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

were the protesters across from the Capital this morning part of the shoot? i went by too fast to read their signs.
                                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X