X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions re: leasing a car

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
    The only thing about a lighter is I plug my phone charger in there but they
    probably have similar capacity. Sounds like you got a great car! Enjoy!
    Not entirely sure of the new Insight but most new cars still provide a 12V outlet in place of the cigarette lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
      Not entirely sure of the new Insight but most new cars still provide a 12V outlet in place of the cigarette lighter.
      Thanks. Not like I'm getting a new car or anything I just wondered. My 1998
      CRV is still cranking!

Comment

Apparently the Insight does have that. I haven't looked for it yet! I just figured out how to toggle between my iPod playlists and songs via the usb connection. Very cool! Possibly, by the time this 3 year lease is up, I'll have completely read the 435 page owner's manual.

Comment

The 12V outlet should be located where the cigarette lighter would have been. Bottom of the middle of the dash. You should also have a small container for coins in lieu of the ash tray.

Comment

The 12v outlet isn't there, OP. There's a storage tray + double cup holder under the dash, in front of the gear shifter thingie! See, I really know cars, don't I!!! My manual is in the car, 14 stories below me. I'll check it next time. I did find, online, the 12v outlet for the Insight LX, but not for my model, an EX. There's an aux jack in the EX where there's a 12v outlet in the LX. The photo is an LX. Now I'm curious!

Comment

Check in the compartment under the armrest between the seats. The armrest should hinge upwards. Inside you'll find the USB port and the 12-volt power outlet. As you have found the EX has two less cupholder's than the lower priced LX so it can accomodate the center armrest/storage compartment.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Thx, Craig. I wonder how I missed that outlet. I found and have used the usb connection and I've already filled up that armrest compartment!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  Thx, Craig. I wonder how I missed that outlet. I found and have used the usb connection and I've already filled up that armrest compartment!!!
                  You're supposed to be hiding your valuable electronics in the center compartment so that you can charge them while you're driving, because we're not using them while we're driving...

Even our 2006 Prius didn't come with an iPod aux jack. Our kid bought herself a small FM transmitter plugged into that 12v receptacle in the center compartment. There are plenty of instructions on the Internet for jacking into the factory radio but I haven't taken the time (or taken the drill to the dashboard). Our other car just has a bunch of CDs burned from our iTunes account.
                  Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                  Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                  We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                  Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                    [...]As you have found the EX has two less cupholder's than the lower priced LX so it can accomodate the center armrest/storage compartment.
                    Two cupholders work fine for me 'cuz no one will be allowed to eat or drink while in the car! A little extra storage is more important to me and I was looking forward to using the armrest. But, alas, it's too short and set back too far for it's intended use. Someone with long legs who can adjust the seat backwards won't have the same problem, I assume.
                    Originally posted by Nords View Post
                    You're supposed to be hiding your valuable electronics in the center compartment so that you can charge them while you're driving, because we're not using them while we're driving...[...]
                    While parked, I did plug my iPod into the usb connection to learn how to use it via the car's sound system's display screen. The side benefit is that the iPod was charging while I was schooling myself! There's a small drop down tray compartment under the sound system where the iPod can be set while in use. At that point it's controlled by the buttons on the sound system so the iPod itself becomes hands free. That frees up the center compartment to hold more junk!!! The phone is another story. I haven't used my phone while driving, not even hands free, in at least 4 years. It's too distracting. The phone is hiding in my purse along with the AA battery charger, a digital camera and, when not in use, the iPod! I have a big purse!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      Apparently the Insight does have that. I haven't looked for it yet! I just figured out how to toggle between my iPod playlists and songs via the usb connection. Very cool! Possibly, by the time this 3 year lease is up, I'll have completely read the 435 page owner's manual.
                      I think there are models out there with far thicker manuals.

But congrats on your new ride, you should post periodic updates on the Insight. It's definitely the sleeper hybrid with the Prius taking all the spotlight.

Comment

I think there are models out there with far thicker manuals.
                        Oh lordy, I can't imagine!!! My previous car was 15 years old so, while techie for it's time, it, not to mention it's manual, pales in comparison!
                        But congrats on your new ride, you should post periodic updates on the Insight. It's definitely the sleeper hybrid with the Prius taking all the spotlight.
                        Ok! I'll start a new thread for the Insight.

Comment

Working...
                        X