Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oahu Wedding & Honeymoon

Hello All!

My fiancee and I are in the process of planning our wedding and honeymoon in Oahu. I was stationed there a few years ago, but by no means at all am I an expert, we just know we love it! On to my questions...

Our plan is to go out on Friday, June 17th of next year and stay at the Moana Surfrider in Waikiki for 3 nights before getting married at either Lanikuhonua, Lanikai, or Makapuu Point, then spending 18 nights at Turtle Bay for our "honeymoon".

We're pretty content on staying in Oahu, although we may take a day or two trip to visit Maui or Lanai.

The main ordeal is with the Moana Surfrider and Turtle Bay. Does this sound like a decent plan for 21 days in Oahu, if not, what do you all recommend? If any of you have stayed at either, what are your experiences and or recommendations.

Thank you in advance, guys!

Brandon

Re: Oahu Wedding & Honeymoon

hmmmm...you were stationed here? Ahhh, were you a General?

Juss joking. 18 days at Moana or Turtle? Big Bucks.

Mahalo foa coming to Hawaii foa your wedding.

Ok...you going get married dat side moa betta stay Turtle.

Moana is beautiful and in Waikiki. I've been wedding at both places and both
    were fantistic. The one at Turtle, my nephew and his bride rode in a horse driven carriage. As for the Moana, it's in a class by itself.

Best of luck,

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

That plan sounds pretty terrific to me...as long as you'll have a car while you're at Turtle Bay. If money isn't too much of an object, I'd recommend 3 or 4 nights at the Kona Village Resort on the Big Island. That said...I'd personally opt for all 21 nights at the KVR!

Comment

Hello, Rayven.

Welcome to HT.

I tried to compose a long response about all the islands,l their tempers,. their benefits, their spirit and such, but after being kicked out of the connection several times, I figured it's best that if you want information on other islands, ask, and ye shall receive, via email.

You can contact me at: spirit (at) hawaii (dot) rr (dot) com.
        All I can give you is my perspective.

Turtle bay is fine, and a nice route to the North Shore. Much better than the city.
        But if you really want to connect with Hawaii,I recommend an outer-island experience.

Ka`onohi
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I'm thinking you might need a wedding planner. Oahu Wedding Planners are a great source of caring, filled with aloha and romance staff. They're on FB
          at that name. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!

Comment

With that much time on Oahu, and with that much time to spend, I would recommend other island outings as well. First thought, Kauai. Well, no. . .first thought, Maui and catch a sunrise at Haleakala, and while away the day in Lanai, or their GREAT aquarium. Kauai has more then enough natural beauty to keep you there the whole time, but Waimea canyon is breathtaking, mabe a newly wed Napali Coast tour?

Just my $.02. Nothing wrong with O'ahu, at all. And up country is so nice and peaceful.
            flickr

An email from God:
            To: People of Earth
            Date: 9/04/2007
            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
            God

Comment

do you have a photographer yet?
              website - http://www.brianhancock.com
              blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Rayven - when you come here please remember that you are ON Oahu, not "in" it. When I hear someone saying "in", its like fingernails on a blackboard and it really does irritate islanders.

and getting a wedding planner is a very good suggestion. it can help smooth the way for you.
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                X