X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP: Gary Coleman

Gary Coleman passes at age 42:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_593120.html

Coleman, 42, was best known for his role as Arnold Jackson on "Diff'rent Strokes." Word got out that he was hospitalized Thursday and in critical condition.

Re: RIP: Gary Coleman

That's too bad. RIP Gary you had a tough go of it lately.

Comment

hi this is sansei and i just viewed the article and my many condolence's to mr coleman's family is i recently saw him on the insider tv show and he got off on legal anilist lisa bloom and then he used derogotary remark's and left and i've watched him since the day's of when he was on different stroke's and he was humorous.

rest in peace mr coleman.

well thank's for your time

Comment

May he find the peace in death that he didn't find in life.

Comment

Diff'rent Strokes was one of the most popular sitcoms of its time. But man, it's like this show has had a curse on its cast members after its cancellation. There was Dana Plato's troubled-filled life during the 1990s, ultimately ending in OD/suicide. Todd Bridges also had his share of drug problems and scrapes with the law.

And just this last couple of months, Dixie Carter died of cancer. Dana's son (Tyler Lambert) shot himself in the head. And now, Gary.

R.I.P. Gary.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

shocking and sad...

I was on-line this morning & the news was in limbo on his condition and the time he passed on is when I was at work.

Throughout his career the TV show Different Strokes is his best known work.

Now I have the urge to see this movie (which I saw eons ago at Pearlridge 4plex) he did in 1981 and its not avail on DVD according to Amazon and the VHS is goin for $60? I think i'll wait.

Comment

TutuSue is right -- maybe GC will finally find some peace.
              He certainly had some issues, with anger management right at the top of the list. Compensation for his short stature, perhaps.
              In the 1980s he worked as a security guard at Fisherman's Village in Marina del Rey, CA. Swaggering, rude, strutting around in his guard uniform like he was some all-powerful being, desperately trying to be the center of attention at all times, bullying and mean to children... He got fired after just a couple of weeks, after repeated warnings. Sad situation.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                Now I have the urge to see this movie (which I saw eons ago at Pearlridge 4plex) he did in 1981 and its not avail on DVD according to Amazon and the VHS is goin for $60? I think i'll wait.

On The Right Track is not available on DVD? That pic you posted says otherwise.

Ah, unless it is a bootleg DVD. And that would pretty much highlight Gary Coleman's problems in a nutshell, wouldn't it? Other people exploiting his work, with Gary himself not seeing a penny of it.

Maybe the former child star did become bitter and socially maladjusted as an adult. But I'd like to meet anyone who can genuinely claim to not be negatively impacted when you've earned millions of dollars as a youth, given up a good portion of your childhood in order to make all those TV shows/movies,..... only to find out later on that all your hard work and sacrifices were for naught as your parents (the people whom a child would normally put their implicit trust in) squandered the bulk of your fortune.

Here's a commercial of Gary doing a plug for CashCall.com. When he talked about how "not even his relatives" would loan him any money, I can really sense the bitterness underneath all that laughter.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Gary Coleman can be recognized if you're shown faces of the 1970's.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                    On The Right Track is not available on DVD? That pic you posted says otherwise.

Ah, unless it is a bootleg DVD.

The pic is sifted from Google and if it is on DVD or Not, Amazon & Netflix has NO LISTING of the movie that I enjoyed of his outside of Different Strokes.

Comment

Who is worse? Gary Coleman's ex-wife who sold his death bed photos or the publication who printed those.

Comment

Working...
                      X