The Honolulu Star Advertiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Honolulu Star Advertiser

The one and a half page advertisement cover in a newspaper is as annoying as the subscription cards in magazines.

Comment

It seems that the SA is into comedy writing for its Breaking News nowadays:

Car collides with pig in Haleiwa; its condition is not known

Police responded tonight to a traffic collision between a car and a pig in Haleiwa.
      Police dispatch said that just before 6:30 p.m., the car struck the pig at Paalaa Road and Uka Street.
      No one in the car was injured, the dispatch supervisor said.
      However, the condition of the pig was unknown, but probably it was not good if a car hit it, the dispatch supervisor said.
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Must be a slow news day. Tonight's important breaking news:

Police charged a 38-year-old man with theft after he allegedly stole a pair of sunglasses from a Waikiki store on Friday evening.
        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Jon Stewart said on his last The Daily Show to look out for hyprocrisy. I found one in The Honolulu Star-Advertiser message board. My comments were not offensive with vulgar language, racist or sexist posts. They were satire to make points. They were still deleted. I can't support a newspaper that doesn't believe in Freedom of Speech. So, I had to cancel my subscription. And they say that the newspaper industry is dying.

Comment

Looks like the Honolulu Star Advertiser did a massive website redesign.

I don't like it, especially the fact that they seem to have discontinued the MOBILE SITE which was posted at this URL:

http://www.staradvertiser.com/mobile/

Now when I click the above it goes to a new site that seems to be less cluttered than the former design of the main site... but now the headlines on the side of the big picture are too tiny.

The mobile site was highly simple to use, headline links easy to read and click on and free of clutter.

I do not like the new design. The mobile site was not broken. Should not have abandoned it.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Totally agree the older version was so much more easier to navigate also.

Comment

https://www.kitv.com/story/42245852/...ending-layoffs

The hard print version gets thinner, while the price goes higher.

Comment

Who reads the print version? I don't. I get snippets of news from there online and other sources all over the free parts of the internet. No one wants to pay for news these days.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The Honolulu Star Advertiser and the Iolani Palace might be just a memory if they're not supported.

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                      Who reads the print version?
                      Well I do have the print version delivered to my home. However I am reading the print version when I get home after work.

Comment

• Is it my computer or the speed on the Honolulu Star Advertiser is slow. It takes my longer to read an article waiting for the download.

Comment

• Honolulu Star-Advertiser optimistic about newspaper's new ownership | News | kitv.com

Good or Bad?

Comment

Working...
                          X