Afghanistan's mineral wealth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afghanistan's mineral wealth

As you probably noticed in today's news, Afghanistan is sitting on top of as much as a trillion dollars worth of mineral wealth. Wow. Tom Hartmann stated that the USSR was aware of that when they invaded in 1980, and ventured that the US would have known about it, too. That being the case we might understand that Mr. Bush going on vacation rather than reading his intelligence briefing predicting a terrorist attack 5 weeks before 9-11 could have been a deliberate act to allow for a motivation for the US to attack, occupy, and exploit Afghanistan. If that is the case, the 3000 dead in NYC and DC were just a little collateral damage. I wonder if the story might go anywhere.

Re: Afghanistan

I recently saw the movie Charlie Wilson's War.

Comment

Re: Afghanistan

Where are the estimates of how many trillions it'll take to recover those minerals, eh? This story is just that, a story. Yes, there may be some profitably recoverable mineral assets - the operative word being 'may'. So what?

Also, does this topic belong in the 'Amaywican Asylum' column [may I suggest 'This Island Earth']?
      Last edited by salmoned; June 15, 2010, 11:17 AM.
      May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Re: Afghanistan's mineral wealth

Is the "Drill Baby Drill" policy still on?

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
          As you probably noticed in today's news, Afghanistan is sitting on top of as much as a trillion dollars worth of mineral wealth. Wow. Tom Hartmann stated that the USSR was aware of that when they invaded in 1980, and ventured that the US would have known about it, too. That being the case we might understand that Mr. Bush going on vacation rather than reading his intelligence briefing predicting a terrorist attack 5 weeks before 9-11 could have been a deliberate act to allow for a motivation for the US to attack, occupy, and exploit Afghanistan. If that is the case, the 3000 dead in NYC and DC were just a little collateral damage. I wonder if the story might go anywhere.
          The story has been going somewhere. It's called the "9/11 Truthers". John Perkin's "Confessions of an Economic Hitman", "Historic Interview with Aaron Russo", etc. All of this (and more) is available on youtube. You can literally spend days on this research non-stop. And when you do, you'll come out enlightened.

That's why I indiscriminantly blast politicians in Washington, regardless of their party affiliation, cuz I can see through much of their B.S. What we need to stay focused on is whether their legislation is in compliance with the Constitution. Much of it is not, and the Country is suffering greatly because of it.

One month before the BP oil eruption, Obama stated he was going to allow more drilling. It was big news. Then, the disaster strikes, and now he's using it as a platform to push his Carbon Tax. Goldman Sachs sells 44% (or about $250M) of the BP stock just weeks before the disaster- http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0602/mon...lion-bp-stock/.

Meanwhile, Halliburton buys one the largest oil clean up companies in the U.S. for $240M 11 days before the disaster at a time it was not considered a good buy- http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0618/hal...ney-oil-spill/.

Surely, you don't consider all this a mere coincidence.
          Last edited by Bobinator; June 29, 2010, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Let me know when we start reaping the wealth of Iraq's oil, because I sure am tired of paying over $3 for a gallon of gas. This Iraq Oil and Afghanistan Mineral crap is nothing but crap, otherwise we would have seen the benefits a LONG time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by bjd392 View Post
              ... I sure am tired of paying over $3 for a gallon of gas.
              And that, my friends, is why we have wars over oil and spills in the Gulf --- because we want what we want, and we want it cheap, condition of the planet be damned.

Sorry, but most energy resources actually do have a limit, and we're bumping up against them in our lifetimes. Everything has a price tag, and the trend is always up, not down.

Comment

Originally posted by bjd392 View Post
                Let me know when we start reaping the wealth of Iraq's oil, because I sure am tired of paying over $3 for a gallon of gas. This Iraq Oil and Afghanistan Mineral crap is nothing but crap, otherwise we would have seen the benefits a LONG time ago.
                I used to say the same thing, until I listened to John Perkin's testimony. According to Perkin's, just before we invaded Iraq, Saddam required that Iraq's oil be sold in Euro's. This meant an automatic 17% increase in price to the U.S. due to the exchange rate from dollars to Euros. The first thing that Bush did after defeating Iraq was to change the oil sales back into dollars. Much of that oil may actually be used by our military, so you won't necessarily see it being sold here in the U.S. Nevertheless, the U.S. taxpayer is footing the bill. There are a lot of ways to "manipulate the system". Another way to siphon money is to grant billion dollar contracts to U.S. and European companies to restore and operate utilities and other activities. You also have to remember that the same people that led us into this war are the ones profiting from oil. Can't make huge profits by cutting the price.

On the scientific front, it is well known that there's tons of oil right here in the U.S. Some estimate over 25x that of Iraq and Saudi Arabia, for that matter. Yet, we're not allowed to drill here. According to this website, Alaska has 1190.62 Trillion cubic feet of natural gas, but the powers-that-be are using the environmentalist platform to keep us from harvesting it- http://www.naturalgas.org/overview/resources.asp

If you can control the supply, you control the price. If you control someone else's government and their resources, you control everything and everybody. They, like us, are slaves to the global elite, living under a so-called "democracy".

The facts concerning Afghanistan is that in the 1980's, we helped Bin Laden fight the Russians. That's when Poppy fields sprang up all over the country. It is a well known fact that Bin Laden worked with the CIA, as early as 2 weeks before 9-11. Today, Afghanistan supplies 90+% of the world's opium. Much of it is coming through our borders. Guess where?
                Last edited by Bobinator; July 7, 2010, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X