Posting hints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Posting hint

Not all posts require replies. Yesterday I posted about 2 dogs needing to be adopted. No need to discuss this because all that's important is that someone read the post and give them a home.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
      And why is that important? The concept of having replies to your post?
      If a rock falls in Kahoolawe. Does a post make a sound?
      Who wants to eat in an empty restaurant?
      Is it still a parade when there's no one on the sidewalks watching them? Or is it just groups of people marching?
      I just want to have as much readers as possible. As Harvey Feirstein would say, "Is that so wrong?"

A comedian on Letterman told a story about Redd Foxx coming out to do his standup when he saw only 4 people in the audience. He had a obscenity laced tirade about doing his show for only 4 people. Then, he did a walkoff the stage.
      Last edited by Walkoff Balk; July 20, 2010, 08:00 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Whenever I've been scolded by Helen, it was for a good reason. I didn't look hard enough to find a duplicate thread or I clicked twice when I should have been more patient, etc.

Comment

Just wondering .....

Ok you've got me wondering here. How/why does a relatively inconsequential thread from, in this case, Feb. 2008 get bumped to alive in Sept 2010? I see this every now and then (something strange dug up from the Thread Graveyard), and have questioned .... how come?

Just wondering.
          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

From the thread How do those clamshells in the bathroom from "Demolition Man" work?

Originally posted by Amati View Post
            Ok you've got me wondering here. How/why does a relatively inconsequential thread from, in this case, Feb. 2008 get bumped to alive in Sept 2010? I see this every now and then (something strange dug up from the Thread Graveyard), and have questioned .... how come?

Just wondering.
            One answer is "It depends". Or another answer is does it really matter?

But in this case I was going through the Who is Online option and saw that thread was being read by a Guest user. While reading through that thread I realized my original post on the matter seemed to have caused some sort of confusion. I thought I would reply to it to clarify my original post. Sort of late I would agree but it is discussing the same topic of a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
              One answer is "It depends". Or another answer is does it really matter?
              Well, when it comes right down to it, not all that much written here "really matters", does it? But thanks for your explanation, I had wondered, and you gave me how it came about.
              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Re: Just wondering .....

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                Ok you've got me wondering here. How/why does a relatively inconsequential thread from, in this case, Feb. 2008 get bumped to alive in Sept 2010? I see this every now and then (something strange dug up from the Thread Graveyard), and have questioned .... how come
                I do a search of the topic in case it was covered before, and try to update it with new information.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                  yesterday i wentto see a movie, and i liked it, and it was good, so i thought as to share this , and i had a bowl of saimin and it was yum. well thanks for your time
                  TG...TG...TG...it's not "yum"...it's "ONOLICIOUS", "BROKE DA MOUTH"!
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                  X